Eggs?

Wilma

Silver Member
I am wondering why eggs are not an option when following SS plus.
Cottage cheese contains carbs but eggs don't contain any! An egg provides only 70 cals too!
Anyone know?

There are 4.9g of fat in 1 egg. Could that be it??

Have emailed Cambridge to ask ... will let you know!

Was also wondering if ostrich steaks would be allowed as bought some for my son in aldi last week and they are very low in fat. So will get back to you when i have an answer!

Thanks Beverley I will look out for the reply. I have had Ostrich steak a long time ago - I remember it was delicious!
It would be fantastic to be able to have that with salad especially with all the BBQ's going on!

Isn't that only if you have more than 3 a week or something though?

I don't think that rule is a rule anymore. It used to be restricted because of the cholesterol, but recent research tells us that cholesterol in food has little bearing on the blood cholesterol.

Blood cholesterol is affected more by saturated fats such as fatty meats (though I believe that doubt has even been thrown on whether saturated fat is unhealthy:rolleyes:)

There are 4.9g of fat in 1 egg. Could that be it??

That's more like it I think. Cambridge is nutritionally balanced and extra fat will throw that out.

Will be interested in what Cambridge say, but I've always assumed it's not allowed because of the fat in the eggs

No reply so far - I'm sure Beverley will post as soon as she gets the info. Are you fancying an egg too?

...... and I'm hoping that ostrich steaks will be on the menu too!

Hehe.
I missed my eggs while I was on SS, but now I'm on 1000 I can have one for breakfast every day :D

Reply came back .... no! :cry:

No reason ... :sigh::confused: Just said if added to 810 meal wasn't a cambridge 810 meal as only white meat and green and white veg!

So not until 1000 plan I'm afraid!

Thank's Beverley. I am surprised that we didn't get a technical explanation though! I am on SS plus and thought that I could substitute an egg for the white meat/fish. Never mind - sure I'll get over it :eek:

aww you wont have long to wait though until you can have a egg :) I love eggs me, mm soft fryed and then dip toast in, mm yum yum!!!

Hi Becky - rub it in why don't you!!! :D

Back