Eggy bread!

miss_emmajane

Silver Member
I am having an afternoon snack of eggy bread!!! I haven't had it in years - will only be one HEB so I am quite excited :p

SW is too hard sometimes :p

What a good idea evansco - I shall have to try that, thank you. X

Someone mentioned this the other month, got it cooked, spat it out! Gross! Hope yours turns out better than mine hun! x

I,ve had it the last 2 days with bacon medalions & some beans for breakfast. Yummmm

I had this the other day, so nice and easy

I am going to make some with sausages and beans for breakfast as its really the only way I like eating egg and since they're free its good to eat them :D Turned out really nice too, yum yum!

Excellent idea, I love eggy bread and haven't had it in ages.

It's simple to make break one or two eggs in a bowl season with salt and pepper beat well you can add 1tbls spoon of milk or water if you wish. Dip in a slice of bread coat both sides it should absorb mix but bread should keep its shape and not become soggy 5 seconds is about right. You then fry (non stick pan and fry light) till lightly brown on both sides.

Yum! I forgot about eggy bread, think that I will have to have that this weekend for breakfast. xx

eggy bread is even better as a dessert with some sliced banana, raspberries and a tablespoon of maple syrup poured on top (2 syns) :p

I had forgot about eggy bread too, thanks for reminding me, there are some yummy ideas on here too with the fruit etc, never had it sweet before, mmmmmm, gonna have to have some tomorrow now.

Back