Total Solution Eight Stone to go! Slinky summer here I come...

Hi Angel
I am sure you will meet your deadline. :)
Mere x

Thanks Mere. I hope so. I forgot to tell you all, I finally dug out the paints I got years ago and did something with them. I've always wanted to paint but a D at GCSE and comments by my dad put me off for life. I did a beginners course in 2003 where I met my closest friends but to be honest we talked more than painted. So after all these years I finally dug out a canvas, easel and acrylics I got as a present years ago but never used. I've booked a day beginners acrylics course in June. I've always worried about things not being perfect and about what people think which is how I feel about everything I do so in an attempt to loosen up I've done a doodle and here it is. A starting point to look back on when I improve. A bit like the weight loss really.

No comments necessary, I've just been inspired by Diva and ED who are both primo cake artists but I don't think they realise how good they are! This is what makes me happy and everyone has to start somewhere :) we shouldn't be afraid of giving things a whirl. So here is my first attempt at acrylics on canvas and using an easel. Well, since I was at play school anyway :) the two in the background are watercolour doodles.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    542.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Beautiful! And thanks for the compliment! I got an n for art at a level -love drawing and watercolour but not done any for years. Can't wait to see more of your work angel xxx

Angel
These paintings are really good. I am amazed at the talent that has been on show here today. Roll on June. You will be the envy of everyone in the group. Good luck with the course. You will be well on your way to target by then too.
Mere x

Thank you Carrie, Diva and Mere your support means a lot and your comments are lovely. I've only one canvas so ive painted over it ready for another go. Hopefully the next one won't be quite as wonky. Hope you're all having a good day.

Uh oh, I've just realised I got more paint in the kitchen chairs and my leggings than I did on the canvas! Now I know why artists 'shirts' are always such a mess. It doesn't help when a nosy black Labrador decides to lend a hand and brush his nose and tail across the canvas! :D

Maybe she is just trying to be artistic too. :D
Mere x

Your painting is AMAZING!!

I have a black lab too :) xx

He is very artistic, especially when I'm painting the walls and he puts his tail in the paint tin!

Thanks WBSM :) I love my Lab, he's nearly 6 and still cheeky.

Mines just over a year :) So affectionate and cheeky too :) Lol

Hope you have a good weekend :D

Angel you sound like you had a lovely valentines day :D
The take away will be gone soon enough ;)
Your painting is good.
I think thats a great hobby :)

Oh Angel that painting is beautiful! You have such a talent, Dont let anyone convince you otherwise.

Thank you for the compliment too :) xx

Angel go out and buy some more canvases soon you should not be painting over such good work. Is there an art group in your area. They would love to have you with them.
Mere x

Morning sweets-how's you today? X

Morning all, thanks for being so encouraging about painting. Getting the time is tricky but hope to do more soon.
Well, there is a lot to be said for food giving you energy, I feel soooooo tired and fluey. OH cooked dinner as a suprise for when i got in last night but I've made him swear that today onwards it's 100% because he obviously thought valentines wasn't a one off. I WILL get past 19st and stay there. Scales are 7lbs up this morning after 3 meals since last Sunday (housewarming, valentines, last night). I haven't even snacked and binged. I'm hoping its water mainly. Sooo chai latte this morning then night shifts for next 3.

Gem fair all day yesterday with a friend. Nice girly day looking at sparkley stuff. My friend is part magpie. We spent 2 hours at one stall! She tries on everything. I'm the only one with the patience to go with her but I just zone out and pootle around. Have a good day all.

I love craft fairs but not keen on shops. My next focus is a wedding on 28 March which will be the next time I'm off plan. 40 days precisely. I want to be in the 17s by then. I was aiming for 16s but that's not possible after this week so it's best to be realistic and stay positive. Have a good Sunday, it looks sunny again. Bed for me.

Sun is shining everything well in the world. Hope you are all having a good day. :D
Mere x

Back