Electric Toothbrush...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kazz, 17 November 2006 Social URL.

1. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Right peoples.....my sister has told me she wants an electric toothbrush for her Christmas pressie (WTF??!!!) anyway, apparently it has to be a good one....any ideas?!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Boots or Superdrug? They sell some nice ones without getting into mega money!

4. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi DQ...I was in Boots and got all confuzzled!! Dunno which brand is meant to be best, wat the hell an ultrasonic is.....too much info for me!! I know superdrug have a load f them half price....but still dont know which one is actually good!!

5. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Ultrasonic are meant to be fab (allegedly!)

6. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Cool....I like the sound of ultrasonic....sounds like a computer game!!!

7. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Buy the one that sounds good, then she can decide!! lol :D

8. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    he he!! Might just do that!!

9. Pierce

Pierce Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(11.76%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting, Healthy Eating & Exercise
    Sonic Care is a good brand of toothbrush, but can be a little expensive for a presant.

Pierce

10. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Whatever you do DON"T get the Oral B Vitality one which is about 25 quid, but is often on special offer at half price UNLESS your sis has a shaving socket in her bathroom.

I don't - and therefore can't use the beggar!!!

Sooo irritating !!

I have to say that I've used lecky toothbrushes for years and they're fab - but usually get the cheapo tesco ones for about 4 quid. hehe!

11. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hey Isobel, I think I have the same one as you....mine is pink....bought a travel adaptor so I could charge it!!

Pierce....how expensive are you classing as too expensive?!

12. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

A travel adaptor sounds like a brilliant idea - far too logical for my brain! lol
    xxxx

13. mrs tweedy

mrs tweedy Regular Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    Hi Kazz, sonicare range in price I think the top model will set you back about £130 but if you shop around there may be special offers.

xx

14. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    £130????Are you for real????! Does it do a jig as well for that price and put the toothpaste on itself?! WOW!!!

15. wannabeminime

wannabeminime Gold Member

I have had a sonicare ultrasonic toothbrush since they came out, thats about 11 years ago! Obviously i have changed the brush head many times since then! When it came out it was about £100 (I got mine from the sonicare rep at the time for £25! Bargain! They were just out, and were promoting them heavily), the one i have is now about £70ish i think. I have an adaptor to charge it in a different room. The battery is only just starting to fade after all these years! I love my toothbrush, and will get another when it goes to toothbrush heaven!

16. nadhak

nadhak LIGHTER LIFE FOR LIFE

Diet:
    lighter life maintaining and occasional re-starting
    ooh lust bought one for hubby for Xmas as he is always using mine [so annoying] I am a bit anal about my teeth and cannot use a toothbrush once it has been near someone elses mush!
    In sainsburys they have a sonicare one with all sorts of attachments at half price - £37,50 - tongue scraper, flosser etc
    I bought that one
    HTH

17. nadhak

nadhak LIGHTER LIFE FOR LIFE

Diet:
    lighter life maintaining and occasional re-starting
    just not LUST
    lol at the thought of it

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

Register an account for free to disable ads in threads!
  19. wannabeminime

wannabeminime Gold Member

That one sounds brill Nadine!

20. Pierce

Pierce Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(11.76%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting, Healthy Eating & Exercise
    This is the toothbrush:

[amazon]B0000DINOB[/amazon]​

My friend found it useful, as he had "water" buildup in his gums, and the vibration of the bursh head gets rid of that water build up. It works using vibration, so you can remove bacteria without even touch the tooth with the brush its self.

Pierce

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.