Elle's ups and downs (mostly downs from now on I hope!)

Elle15

Hi all,
Newbie here, found the forum when googling slimming world, had my first weigh in yesterday and was absolutely mortified when the scales showed I was almost at 23 stone - more stones than years!! :(

Tried multiple diets going, but not slimming world, and hearing from friends how amazing it is I thought I'd give it a shot - not because anyone else wanted me to, because I wanted to!!!

I'm sick of struggling to find nice clothes to fit me, sick of been the "bubbly" girl instead of the stunning one! Not easy when most your friends can tuck into what they please or snap back into their size 10 jeans just days after giving birth!!

Also sick of making excuses for myself every two minutes, and being ashamed of my size!

It's going to be a long difficult slog, and I know I'm not going to be a size 10 by next month or lose 7lb every week (we can all dream eh!!) but reading this forum everyone seems a supportive bunch and as supportive as my family and friends can be, sometimes it's just not enough to keep you in shape!!

So here's to the weight loss, my reward trip to New York, and lastly the absolutely gorgeous christian louboutin shoes I've been lusting after for 3 years!!!! They WILL be on my (skinny) feet one day very soon!!

Thanks for taking the time to read!
E xxx

Well I'm on Day two, and apart from one little slip up today I've done really well!
Had some chocolate :( but then counted and 'borrowed' 3 syns from tomorrows (hope this works out that you can do this!)
Felt really full most of the time and have reached for fruit instead of chocolate crisps!
A normal day I'd have had 2-3 packs of crisps and 2 chocolate bars, and a pasty mid morning when I'm at work!

So to say I've had one chocolate bar is very good!

Going to have to sit down and plan more meals that dont involve piles of salad (I'm doing EE for the minute) so if anyone has any ideas or advice to share about it - would be greatly appriciated!

E xxx

Oh and I've had no lucozade or 'normal' Pepsi, feeling a little lethargic at the min but I guess it's me just coming down from all the sugar I used to drink/eat!!

Shocked to see lucozade was 17.5 syns!!! Could easily drink 3-4 a day!

E xxx

Morning Elle!
Well done for starting SW and good luck!
Looking foward to following ur journey and hopefully being able to help out here and there!
I want to go to NY when I'm skinny too! Hehe!
X x

Hello Elle!

Welcome to SW. You'll soon get into the swing of things, and this forum is jam packed with recipes, hints and ideas to satisfy cravings :)

Well done so far! And I know what you mean about Lucozades. I love them too!! x

Thanks all :)
Day 3 today;
syned some chocolate as I was reallly craving it, so thought I'd do it the proper way, that 25g of chocolate tasted sooooo much nicer than the whole bar would normally have!!!

Starting to get over my fizzy drinks cravings now, sticking to my lovely sugar free juice!

Following EE at the moment and had a huge salad for my tea, with chicken, bacon, new potatoes, cottage cheese and chopped up laughing cow triangles, was absolutely gorgeous and I've never felt so full!!!

xx

Day 4: (won't update this so much after the first week or so)
Have been doing EE for the past 4 days but stuck now! Think I'm going to start adding red and green in now,
Once again resisting temptations from the sweets and Greggs etc, and STILL not had Pepsi or lucozade - found that tescos fizzy water is free :D love the stuff so that's my new drink at the moment.

Going to be a testing weekend with the OH coming up (long distance due to uni) and his limited diet!!
Going to have a go at SW burger and chips so that should please him!

Going to attempt a meal out at table table this weekend, usually have bacon and cheese topped chicken with chips, going to swap the chips for jacket potato and the cheese for, well no cheese!

E xx

:welcome2:

Well done on starting Hun. We started at very similar weights. I've been doing it now for 6 weeks and I've lost 1 and 1/2 stones. You can do it. There's loads of recipes on here. And I love the fact that you can eat so much. It's great. Have a look on my diary there's a recipes for BBQ hunters chicken. It's lush.

Also you can have Pepsi max on this diet.its free. I'm not going to lie some times it's bloody hard but I just drinks loads of water and try to get through the cravings.

Good luck.xx

Morning Ellie, Well done for sticking with it when you have been tempted. I found the first three weeks the hardest as I felt I was giving up so much. After this it became so much easier as new eating habits replaced old.

Have a great weekend with OH :)

Thank you both so much!

Lucy: that's absolutely fantastic!! Well done! Hope to be able to say the same in 6 weeks time!
I'll be checking that recipe out - love hunters chicken! I'm enjoying eating what I want - must admit I've gone off course re 1/3 super free today but I'll just have to have a load of fruit and veg tonight!

I would drink Pepsi max but dont like the taste - its too sweet for me :(

Jilly - it started to change in my mind, must have saved about £30 this week by not buying sweets, crisps, drinks, bacon buttys in the mornings etc, and I honestly don't feel deprived as such (well maybe when my colleague was sat eating a lovely looking bun this dinner (or possibly tonight serving my fella his lovely white fluffy bread roll)

Keep reminding myself that I'd rather be thin than have whatever though!

Worked out if I average 2lb a week - by next Xmas ill be at target :D motivation there!!

Lovely weekend with the OH,
Cooked SW burger and syn free chips - ohmydays, who needs McDonald's!
Made roast potatoes in the same way as syn free chips and they too were absolutely gorgeous, even the family agreed - convert to the SW way!!

Struggling to get 1/3 super free in at he weekends though!

WI tomorrow, both nervous and excited to see what I do - then on my extreme best behaviour all week to save up my syns for best friends hen do on Saturday!

X

food so far today;

B: Banana and Aplen light (1/2 HExB)
L: Nandos Chicken Salad (made at home -yummmy) 0.5 syn
T: Have my WI and then a meeting for work 7.30-10.00, might try take a mugshot along with me and hopefully get chance to have that, failing that I might just have to box up a little salad and grab something quick when I'm home!

Snacks:
1 aplen light bar
1 muller light

feeling pretty anxious about my first WI, can't stay once I've been weighed due to said meeting, but will update when I'm home - can't wait to see my little ticker (hopefully!) move!! :D xx

Oooo good luck for ur WI! X x

Good luck tonight. Hope you get a brill weight loss Hun.x

Elle15 said:
Thank you! Been resisting the scales all week so I'm dying to know how I've done! xx

Haha it's hard not to look but always better to wait till WI I'm sure I'll b fine x x

Well the verdict is in....

I've lost 6lb!!!! :D :D absolutely thrilled with that!!!

Woooohooo! Well done that is fantastic! X x

Thank you! Xx

Just got home from my meeting absolutely starved, drove past McDonalds and the nicest pizza shop ever, where on a late night id just usually pop in and get something - but tonight I'm
In such a good mood I'm coming home for a mugshot and a packet of
Well deserved Frazzles!

Back