Elly doesnt want her belly!

ellybellybalooba

Hello!

So, i'm one 'those' people, you know the ones, the yo-yo dieter! And i'm back on the wagon! (Slimming World)

I haven't ever used a support network like this so thought i'd give it a go to help with the motivation and inspiration!

I need to get my arse in gear (and into size 10-12s) I have about 2 stone to loose which will take me back to the weight I was when I met my husband 5 years ago (I blame him for the weight gain - skinny as a rake but can eat what he likes!)

I hope that this is the last time i have to do this. I'm really good at maintaining my weight, I just need to get to a lower weight first and then maintain it!

Any other newbies, feel free to jump aboard!

Elly

Awww - good luck with your journey !! You can TOTALLY do this !!

Lets make this the last time you go 'down the yo-yo' and then you'll be so happy :)

x

Thanks Karen!

Have you got any tips for the site?

Elly x

So today was the first day of the diet and I had the following: (Trying to stick to Success Express (1/4 free foods (FF) 3/4 super free foods(SFF))

Breakfast
2 weetabix HEB
Semi skimmed milk HEA

Snack
Apple (SFF)

Lunch
Ham (FF)
Salad (SFF)
Dressing (2 syns)

Snack
Options white chocolate hot chocolate (2 syns)
Half pack polos (3)

Dinner
Chilli:
Quorn (FF)
Beans (FF)
Chunky veg (SFF)
Salad (SFF)
Light mayo (4)

Total: 11 syns

I'm doing this at home, as have been to groups before, so if im going wrong please let me know!

Elly x

Hello,

Couldn't upload my diet yesterday as internet is down, and they're not fixing until sunday the rotters!

Anyway, here is Tuesdays:

Breakfast
2 weetabix HEB
Semi skimmed milk HEA

Snack
Apple (SFF)

Lunch
Quorn and bean chilli (FF)
Veg in chilli (SFF)
Salad (SFF)
Mayo (2 syns)

Snack
Options mint chocolate hot chocolate (2 syns)

Dinner
Teriyaki salmon(FF)
Stir fry veg (SFF)
oyster sauce tbsp (2)
Teriyaki Sauce tbsp (2)

Total: 8 syns

Hope everyone else is having good weeks!

Hi

This site is really good for support cos we're all in the same boat (or wagon) :D

I haven't done success express but if you struggle with it look for Lily's diary in the food diaries section - it's called something about losing 2 hitchikers. She's done it and has all the literature.

Good luck :)

Hiya Elly, welcome to minimins :)

I'm doing it alone at home too and I've found keeping a food diary on here is really helpful both for keeping track of what I'm doing and for getting advice from kind folks ;)

I'd say you definitely need some fruit with your breakfast as that isn't hitting sucess express targets atm - it's 1/3 of each meal free foods and 2/3 superfree. You're also allowed 3-4 healthy extras each day on the sucess express plan and it's best to make sure you have these.

It also works well if you can vary your breakfasts (and all the other meals for that matter) to keep your body guessing and fire up your metabolism. I'd recommend browsing the SW recipes section of the forum for new ideas - and this site Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes also has really great and easy to follow recipes. Also try varying the plans you follow too as this can also help your metabolism and stop you getting bored :)

What day do you weigh in? Hope you have a great first week x

Hi ladies

Thanks for the support and info! Will defo try to vary my food. I struggle with breakfast as I don't like milk and can't eat bread. I know I should eat more fruit too!

I weigh in on a Thursday and today I lost 3lbs so not a bad start for my first week. Got a BBQ on saturday tho, but will try and be good. I'm thinking either steak/fish or homemade burger with salad and veg kebabs!

How are the rest of you doing?

hi Im new to sw too. I have started adding a mullerlight to weetabix instead of milk it is really yummy. I have strawberries and grapes with it so you getting sf foods in at breakfast.
well done on your loss this week x

I'm not a massive yoghurt fan, I like petit filous but I'm guessing they're synned. I might try magic porridge though!

Good luck with it if you have any questions or ideas to share let me know!

Does anyone know if homemade pea soup is super free or free?

ellybellybalooba said:
I'm not a massive yoghurt fan, I like petit filous but I'm guessing they're synned. I might try magic porridge though!

Good luck with it if you have any questions or ideas to share let me know!

Hi what's magic porridge ???

Hi what's magic porridge ???

It's where you mix your porridge with yoghurt (and fruit) then put it in the fridge overnight ready for the next morning.

The oats soak up the yoghurt so it's like a thick porridge consistency with no dry bits like it would if you just put yoghurt on and eat it straight away :)

LoChan1984 said:
It's where you mix your porridge with yoghurt (and fruit) then put it in the fridge overnight ready for the next morning.

The oats soak up the yoghurt so it's like a thick porridge consistency with no dry bits like it would if you just put yoghurt on and eat it straight away :)

Hi
Thanks for the above might give it a go cause always have weetabix.
You don't make the porridge with milk then just dry over the yoghurt ?? Sorry if I'm being a bit thick :)

Nah you don't need milk - just measure out your dry oats into a bowl and add the yoghurt and chopped fruit, stir it all up then plonk it in the fridge :)

LoChan1984 said:
Nah you don't need milk - just measure out your dry oats into a bowl and add the yoghurt and chopped fruit, stir it all up then plonk it in the fridge :)

Fab will try thanks again x

Back