Embarassing Fat Bodies

Embarassing Fat Bodies, is on channel 4 just now.
A definate boost to keep on going with the weight loss

Marge
:)

My heart goes out to the woman who has lost 14 stone, and is left with really saggy skin :(
I hope her surgery goes well..... :)

Interesting....
A woman has just been hypnotised to believe that she has had a gastric band fitted... called a hypnoband
:)

I have been feeling quite hungry and having naughty thoughts today so watched embarassing fat bodies to spur me on....and didn't it just!!
The damage obesity does to our bodies is huge.
The programme did reaffirm my views that diet and exercise are best if you can do it, as one of the two brothers who had the stomach stapling is having huge complications from the op 5 months on.

I've scared the crap out of myself now so I'm off to bed to read my Beck book!!!

Gosh.... they really should put a warning up when there's gonna be graphic surgery shown ............. Really brings home the damage done to our bodies long term. I sooo felt for that woman with the saggy skin.... all that hard work. Hopefully it'll turn out well for her :)

Yes oooooooh dear, saggy skin woman, she was only 46 but looked 66. Her skin also looked like she had been a sun worshipper for much of her life, don't know if thats what made it worse.
She was so brave to strip off for tv but spose she was desperate for the surgery provided by the programme.
She wore a mask of makeup.....possibly another side effect of her insecurities about her appearance.
Poor woman.

Yes oooooooh dear, saggy skin woman, she was only 46 but looked 66. Her skin also looked like she had been a sun worshipper for much of her life, don't know if thats what made it worse.
She was so brave to strip off for tv but spose she was desperate for the surgery provided by the programme.
She wore a mask of makeup.....possibly another side effect of her insecurities about her appearance.
Poor woman.

I thought that about the all over sun tan, possibly sunbeds though ?
On the surgery update, she was very pale in comparrison eh ? And she did look much better :)

She did look LOADS better!! Hmmmm yes sunbeds...reckon she was a regular at the tanning shop to make herself feel better. I thought she'd put on a little weight when she came back which suited her so much better. She was still very slim but not deathly looking.

I watched that programme too..that woman with all the loose skin rang alarm bells for me for some reason...she sort of looked anorexic..her boobs after the surgery looked quite frankly B***** awful..i noticed there was no comments onair about them..where as the rest of her ops looked good and were each commented on...Her face looked so drawn as if she had taken the diet to the extreme..cant believe she was only 4 years older than me..poor lady..hope she stays away from the sun from now on cos she would make a lovely leather handbag if she dont ...

Oooooo cant wait for tonight's episode, it always makes me grateful for how far I've come xx

well, just watched the 2 episodes on 4oD!

Fascinating, but why on earth would you want to go on TV in front of millions with your embarrassing body? The mind boggles! .... still I've now set it up on Sky+ as it's addictive :eek:

....makes you also wonder, depending on how the individual looks....is it better to be fit and healthy with a slightly higher BMI, rather than between 20-25??? :confused:

....also....eating issues and food relationships, as we know, are more complex than merely eating less and exercising ... wonder when the NHS will offer us the same support as drug, alcohol and smoking addicts :sigh:

Onwards and downwards ladies, and we'll deal with whatever comes next :)

Embarrassing Fat Bodies

Has anyone started watching this series on Channel 4?

Just caught up with last night's episode, and one thing that sticks out is the number of people who have successfully lost huge amounts of weight, only to feel unhappy with the excess skin they are left with.

I know I'm only at the start of my journey, but my heart aches for them, and also it scares me. I want to lose about seven stone ultimately and as I'm in my mid thirtys I am scared I will eventually find myself in the same situation.

So... is there anything I can do as I go along, to help increase the elasticity of my skin? So that when I reach goal I am proud of my body not ashamed?

:confused:

I'm right there with you. Really scared me last night. I ultimately want to lose 6 stone and I'm in my mid thirties too. I really don't want to end up with all that loose skin though!

I have sky plused it too now ..They go on there to get the free operations and treatments..Good luck to them i say..Our NHS is crap when it comes to helping us when we have shed the pounds...I self funded my band and yet the PCT wont fund my tummy tuck till i get to a "normal BMI"...surgeons were happy to do it in january FFS i hate the NHS sometimes...Not only do i have to get to a normal BMI ..the guidelines also mean i have to stay in it for 2 years then i can have the op..grrrr..can see me self funding yet again xxx

My sister has lost 5 stone on Lighterlife and she is now booked in for breast surgery in July as her body has just gone and she hates her boobs, or lack of them. I think mine will go the same way but I don't have £6,000 to spend on a new pair!!

I don't think there is anything you can do about it really. Try and do bingo wing exercises but apart from that I don't think there is much you can do about very stretched out skin. :(

I am terrified after watching this last night! I'v got about 12 stone to lose so i'll be looking like an empty bag of potatoes!:sign0137:

I'm really worried about being left with excess skin. Part of me thinks i'll be okay, but I guess i'll just have to wait and see.

I have also been watching this and it doesn't tell you how they lost the weight does it? Are most of the fast weight losses due to gastric surgery do you think? I always thought that if you exercised all the way through your weight loss, your skin would have time to adjust a bit more, elasticity and all that! Try not to let it put you off losing, because ultimately, you will be healthier, live longer etc.

Back