Embarrasing Stories...

xsarahx

Gold Member
Might be slightly controversial... :)

I know that looking back on my own embarrasing weight stories helps motivate me to keep on track, and I once found a thread from some other website which had lots of other people's stories on it. Loads of people had mentioned how it was keeping them motivated, and so I thought we could start one here?

My worst one, and the one that really kickstarted my weightloss, was going to Alton Towers. I love the rides, and there wasn't much of a queue for Air so we basically went straight ahead and got on - I had to get off. The restraint would not click in - the boob area was the problem, but it was my weight that was why I had the boobs!

Ohhh it was so embarrasing, in front of my whole family and the shame of having to walk off the ride was horrible.

Another was just after I had lost about 7lbs, so was really pleased with myself. My 5 year old cousin said to me and my stick thin, size 6-8 cousin .... "Wow, Sarah you are really fat, but Ruth is really thin" - oh lovely! I said she shouldnt say things like that, then she started calling me "Fat Girl" - again, totally embarrasing, and annoying as I had started losing weight!!

Another last night in a club, not much room in the toilets and two girls squeezed past and said "its a good job we are slim" and laughed.

Why are people so mean?!:sigh:

:( some people are soo ignorant! and kids are soo blunt they just say whats on their minds bless them, but I know how embarrasing it can be as my friends 5 year old said 'you have got alot fatter! your really fat' was awful and I wanted the ground to swallow me but kids will be kids. The only other embarrasing thing was when I was in a soft play area playing with my children and a couple was nudging eachother and talking and laughing like I was not even there, how rude!! I just turned away and started crying :( I hate feeling like this, thats why I have to do this! x

I aint getting sad hun if you are meaning me, Just my story lol x

I think its a brilliant idea!! reminds us all of why we're doing this!!. Am off to think of mine (loads..)..

I think this is a good idea for a thread Sarah, I'm going to have a think about something to add - I think most of the time I must be happily oblivious to others, because from what I've read a lot of the people on here have had similar comments + stories to tell.

I feel quite lucky that nothing springs to mind and it's usually me insulting myself or imagining what people are thinking!

Don't feel sad gonnagetslim! You can be whatever shape you want and some people will still find something horrible to say!

(hmmm any one know which program I've got someone saying they want to be a triangle from???)

Your story about Alton Towers reminds me of the last time I went. It never even occurred to me that I might be too fat to get on a ride. I went on Nemesis but the safety bar thing which comes down would only just click in when two of the attendants forced it down. For a few seconds I thought there were getting to tell me to get off. The two girls (both whip thin) were sniggering to themselves. I felt so embarrassed and it spoilt the day for me completely. I swore I'd never put myself back through that again.

I just got sick of people thinking it was ok to refer to my size all the time. Not by saying "oh my god you're fat" or anything that obvious, just referring to me being "larger". One thing that really got to me was that every time I went to the doctors, regardless of what it was about, she would make some comment like "because of your size...." She never actually came out and said "you need to lose weight". The last time I went I had to have my blood pressure taken and it was a little high and of course I got "well, because of your size..." She then took it again using a larger cuff and it was normal. She had to use a larger cuff "because you've got big arms..." When I left the surgery I cried. The next time I go back, which will be in about two months time, I plan on telling her that she has made me cry every time I've been and I hope she's happy with that.

I also have a HUGE fear of being lifted! Most of my male friends are rugby players and are very strong - still don't think they would be strong enough to lift me though! Whenever they see me on a night out they always go to lift me and I make up some excuse about being scared of heights.... stupid excuse! I am just terrified one will pick me up and drop me cos I'm too heavy!!

When I'm light enough then I'm just going to jump in to their arms!! Haha

I think this is a good idea for a thread Sarah, I'm going to have a think about something to add - I think most of the time I must be happily oblivious to others, because from what I've read a lot of the people on here have had similar comments + stories to tell.

I feel quite lucky that nothing springs to mind and it's usually me insulting myself or imagining what people are thinking!

Don't feel sad gonnagetslim! You can be whatever shape you want and some people will still find something horrible to say!

(hmmm any one know which program I've got someone saying they want to be a triangle from???)

I am not sad now hun.... but I was then it was about 6 months ago....happy as larry now I am tackling it :D

Now I have started to think about it, I have more and more!!

I went travelling 3 years ago to Asia, and I was started at SO much. The whole trip was just an embarrasing story to be honest!

We went to a waterpark and the attendants insisted on constantly reminding me that I had to go at the back and my BF at the front because I was "heavier".

We also trekked up a big hill to a temple and I was stared at so much - like they had never seen a white person before, let alone a larger one!! I hav quite big boobs and they literally just started and even pointed, really obviously pointed, really embarasing.

Oh... another!! My friend was seeing a male friend of mine and a photo of me and im came up on Facebook. For some reason she just didn't recognise the girl as me, and I had my arm up in the air - she said "Woah look at the win..." and then stopped as she realised it was me. She was talking about my arms and was saying "look at the wings on that" I assume. She tried to get out of it but it was clear what she was saying!

I know partly it was because she was jealous that the girl (me) was with the guy she liked, but still.... why do people feel the need to say things like that?!

That's good to know! I think the most important bit is that we're all doing something about the thing that makes us unhappy.

Sarah I'm the same about being lifted! I think it's also because I don't want them to feel how heavy I am! I seriously think there's something wrong with me, because the funniest (read that as the most random!) images keep popping into my head! I can just imagine us all slim, launching ourselves at random people, just to check that they can catch us!

Mine was so humiliating and I wasnt even that big at the time, my fiancee is in the Army and after one of his tours a big group of us went out, one of his comanding officers was a total idiot, really loved himself thought he was gods gift anyway they all use nicknames for each other and this comanding officers nickname for me was "chubs" Im 5ft4 and was about 160lbs at the time so I wasnt even that big I probably made it worse by laughing when he first said it and acting like I didnt care but that was kind of a laugh with them reflex rather then be laughed at. I act very confident and make fun of myself but its a defence thing. My OH kept looking at me concerned when the guy said it but i just laughed it off... so he didnt say anything, the worse part about it was seeing how uncomftable some of the others looked when he called me it... like "oh yeah she is fat... he probably shouldnt call her that" and it started me thinking that the rest of the lads would be making fun of my b/f for dating a fatty.... later in the night i was in the loos feeling sorry for myself when I heard two of the other wives saying "Adam is really good looking isnt he..." I smiled thinking yeah he is so I cant be that bad! they then followed that with "... what is he doing with her... he could do SO much better"

I was mortified! But that was 4 years ago... Im more of a chubs now and he wants to marry me but that night always replays in my mind, thats why I am determind to not be a fat bride!

Just thought of another one. When we were in Hong Kong a couple of years ago, there are guys in the street who are constantly approaching you to have suits made etc. You just learn to ignore them and walk on.

One of them said to me "You have size, I make you nice clothes"

"You have size". Charming! :8855:

Love this thread, what a good idea...

SammyE - I've heard it soo many times too....what's he doing with her etc...I know its mean, but you must remember those girls are the jealous ones..Your OH loves you and that is all that matters.

One of my stories - just started a job at the local primary school..I was doing playground duty and it was a warm day....No coats. One of the kids 5 or 6yrs old, came up to me and said, can I have a cuddle because there is sooo much to cuddle!! Talk about putting a dampner on your day! I've decided to look at in a positive way - the thin teachers don't get the hugs because the kids don't like hugging skeletons, they like to feel the hug, as does my OH...

xx

Gawd I've a number of embarassing stories.

I broke a chair at a party, one of those god awful plastic things. I was drunk and laughed it off and kept taking the p*ss out of myself but I was weeping inside.

I broke a chair at work. I work with 10 guys and it was mortifying. It was one of those situations where everyone knew it was me but no one said anything - it was like an elephant in the room (no pun intended).

Worse still, I broke my daughters bed not once but twice. She shrugged it off and I still owe her a new bed lol.

And the Daddy of all embarassments - A few years ago when I was even bigger (I once topped the scales at 29 stone) I went into a quiet bar with a mate, and this scouse guy came over and said 'Hey Lads, look it's one of the Weather Girls' (I'm mixed race and had huge hair at the time :8855:). I can laugh about it now, in fact I'm smiling thinking about it but at the time it was horrifying.

I can't wait to lose all the weight so I will never ever have to go through any of these types of situations again.

Luckily i haven't had many but it was my brother's funeral yesterday and i wanted to buy a black top, i know new look sell plus sized clothes - well they don't in Bluewater shopping complex or dartford, why? because they've extended their skinny women's range, i was told that i had to go to lakeside in essex or ashford! I felt really embarassed that i couldn't buy a top because i was fat. Then i got really annoyed and decided to email the head office tomorrow, why should i and every other woman who's over a size 14 be discriminated against? Disgusting company policy!

Back