Emerald's Food Diary

Emerald

Thought I might as well start one although I'm not sure if I'll be able to stick to updating it!

Ok today

Red Day

Breakfast - 28g bran flakes (part of HX B), with some semi milk (part of HX A), a banana, v. low fat natural yoghurt and 1 tsp honey (1 SYN)

Lunch - BLT sandwich in two small slices wholemeal bread (HX B), with small amount of hellman's extra light mayo (1 SYN), 1 Muller light, an apple, 3 mini baby-bel light (HX A), 1 dark rye Ryvita (other part of the HX B from before) and 1 laughing low extra light triangle (1 SYN)

Dinner - 3 slices of bacon, 2 fried eggs, 1 sausage (5 SYNS), 1 egg scrambled (with some of the HX A milk) and 1 tomato gently fried in fry light along with the eggs. And a small amount of brown sauce (.5 SYNS)

Extras - 1 horlicks sachet (topped up with the rest of my HX A milk) and a small glass of wine (4.5 SYNS)

So used all my HXs and all 15 syns.

Emerald
X

Today,

Green Day

Breakfast - 28g honey nut shredded wheat (HX B), with some whole milk (part of HX A), a banana, v. low fat natural yoghurt and 1 tsp honey (1 SYN)

2 love hearts (guessed at 0.5 SYNS)

Lunch - Large jacket potato, 28g philadelphia (2 SYNS), half a can of baked beans, 3 Mini BabyBel Light circles (HX A)

Dinner - Roast chicken (71g cooked weight, HX B), roasted potatoes, butternut squash, spinach, carrots, leeks, kohl rabi, sugar snap peas. 4 tbspoons gravy with meat juices (4 SYNS). Breakaway chocolate biscuit bar (5.5 SYNS)

Options hot chocolate sachet (2 SYNS) topped up with the rest of my milk (HX A)

Used all HXs and 15 syns.

Emerald
X

Yesterday,

Green Day

Breakfast - 1 muller light on top of 28g honey nut shredded wheat (HX B) with some sweetener and half of my 175ml of whole milk (HX A). Cup of tea with a dash of milk from my HX A.

Lunch - Jacket potato, 28g of philadelphia (2 SYNS), small amount of spread (1 SYN), half of tin of tuna (1 SYN), sweetcorn, and small amount of hellman's extra light mayo (1 SYN).

Dinner - Homemade spaghetti bolognese made with tomatoes, onions, peas and frylight, small amount of mince beef (HX B), 1/4 of a packet of bolognese flavour packet mix (2 SYNS) and 42g of reduced fat cheddar (HX A). Muller light for dessert.

In bed (!) 1 cappuccino flavour kit kat (5.5 SYNS) and 1 options hot chocolate (2 SYNS) topped up with the rest of the milk.

Used all HXs and 14.5 syns.

Emerald
X

Yesterday,

Green Day

Breakfast - 28g honey nut shredded wheat (HX B), with some whole milk (part of HX A), a banana, v. low fat natural yoghurt and 1 tsp honey (1 SYN)

Dinner - A couple of eggs fried with some peas, some boiled rice stirred in, some boiled noodles and on the side a sauce of fried onions with chopped tomatoes. All free but didn't taste very good. Won't bother again....! Then a muller light.

Tea - 2 sunflower and seeds ryvita (HX B) and 3 extra light laughing cow triangles (HX B). Followed by a Cadbury's fruit and nut bar (12 SYNS)

Used all HXs (except one of the HX As was only half the allowance of cheese) and 13 SYNS.

Emerald
X

Today:

Green Day

Breakfast - 1 Muller light, 1 banana, 28g of Honey Nut Shredded Wheat (HX B), a large coffee, most of 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk (HX A).

Dinner - 2 fried eggs, slimming world chips, 2 quorn southern style 'chicken' burgers (5 SYNS total), small amount of ketchup (0.5 SYNS) and small amount of hellman's extra light mayo (0.5 SYNS). Sainsbury's be good to yourself chocolate mousse (4.5 SYNS)

Tea - 1 slice of melon and two alpen light cereal bars (HX B)

So 1 HX A, bothe HX B and 10.5 syns.

Emerald
X

menus looking really good

Thanks Eds :)

Yesterday:

Red Day

Breakfast - 1 Oatso simple sachet (HX B) made with 180ml of semi milk (HX A) and 1 tsp honey (1 SYN)

Snack - Banana

Lunch - 2 slices of wholemeal bread (HX B), spread (3 SYNS), small amount of ketchup (0.5 SYNS), 4 rashers of bacon (!) and a dry fried egg.

Dinner - Indian takeaway - Chicken Dhansak (6.5 SYNS) and 1 popadom (4 SYNS), pepsi max, muller light.

1 HX A, 2 HX B, 15 SYNS. Not a very healthy day eep, but within SW limits :D

Emerald
X

getting some good ideas off your menus emerald you have a very varied diet x

Today

Green Day

Breakfast - 1 Oatso simple sachet (HX B) made with 180ml of semi milk (HX A) and 1 tsp honey (1 SYN) with a banana on.

Dinner - Chicken Stew - 1 HX B portion of chicken breast fillets cut up, red split lentils, continental lentils, a few splashes of worcestershire sauce, 1 sweet potato peeled and chopped, a large handful of new potatoes peeled, a few carrots chopped, an onion chopped and a tin of chopped tomatoes. One small dumpling, made from 28g of flour and 14g of suet (this made two dumplings with a SYN value of 3 syns each, I had one).

Tea - 1 Hi-Fi bar (6 SYNS) and a large slice of honeydew melon. Followed by a bowl of 25g of mini chocolate crisp weetabix (5 SYNS) and 175ml of whole milk (HX A)

All HXs used and all 15 syns used.

Emerald
X

Today

Green Day

Breakfast - 28g of mini weetabix chocolate crisp (part of HX B) with most of 175ml whole milk (HX A) with sweetener on. Normally that wouldn't have been enough for me for breakfast but I was in a rush! A large coffee with some of my milk.

Lunch (packed and eaten at work) - 1 egg mayonnaise (1 SYN for mayo) sandwich (bread HX B), 1 ryvita (other part of HX B from before), laughing cow extra light triangles and light mini baby bel (HX A), apple, sainsbury's be good to yourself chocolate mousse (4.5 SYNS) and a can of pepsi max.

Dinner - Potato and sweet potato mash with spread (3 SYNS) and rest of the milk allowance (from HX A), 3 grilled quorn sausages, fried onions and gravy (2.5 SYNS).

So, all HXs and 11 syns.

Emerald
X

Today

(another!) Green Day

Breakfast - (I woke up starving) 2 weetabix (HX B) and 28g of mini chocolate weetabix (5.5 SYNS), sweetener, 175ml whole milk (HX A), a chopped banana and a pot of muller light all together in a bowl. Cup of tea.

Lunch - 1 slice of bread (1/2 HX B) and 1/2 a can of baked beans and spread on the bread (2 SYNS). Pepsi max can.

Dinner - Loads of pasta twirls, pasta sauce made from a tin of chopped tomatoes, boiled sweet potato chunks, fried onions, a pot of quark mixed in and some herbs. 42g of low fat cheddar grated on top (HX A). 1 slice of bread with garlic mixed with spread (2 SYNS) on top then grilled. 1 slice of the cherry clafoutis recipe from the SW website (1 SYN) with a small amount of low fat squirty cream (1 SYN). Dr Pepper zero can.

Really nice food day today, the breakfast was too big really but I woke up so hungry!! I haven't felt hungry all day since then though but still managed a mammoth amount of pasta tonight. Used all HXs and 11.5 syns.

Emerald
X

Today

Green Day.....!

Breakfast - 1 oatso simple orginal sachet, with semi milk (HX A) and 1 teaspoon honey (1 SYN) and a chopped banana, plus a mug of tea.

Lunch - Jacket potato with a helping of cottage cheese and chive (guessed at 3 SYNS, the SW site says it's 1 syn per 100g, don't know how much I had but I think 3 syns should cover it). Followed by a solera (5 SYNS).

Dinner - 1 quorn 'southern' style burger (2.5 SYNS) in between two slices wholemeal bread (HX B) that had some light dairylea spread onto it (HX A) and a small amount of ketchup (0.5 SYNS), served with baked beans, SW free chips and a fried egg. Mmmm really tasty unhealthy tasting dinner that really hit the spot. Followed by 1 slice of the cherry clafoutis thing (1 SYN) and a smallish amount of low fat squirty cream (0.5 SYNS).

So all HXs and 13.5 syns!

Emerald
X

what did you do for lunch when you were out with your friends?
also, what is the cherry clafoutis like and is it easy to make??

Nxx

Excuse my typing as i have a naughty non-sleeping baby on my lap

today

green day (again, finding it hard to come up with red day ideas that don't involve spending loads on meat)

breakfast - 28g honey nut shredded wheat (HX B) with half of the (HX A) milk, 0% yoghurt, 1 tsp honey (1 SYN) and a sliced banana, and a cup of fruit tea.

Dinner - Spaghetti carbonara - boiled up some spaghetti. Cut up a few slices of bacon and finely chopped 1/2 onion. Fried them up together whilst the spaghetti was cooking. Meanwhile cracked 3 eggs into a bowl and grated into it 84g of low fat cheddar (double cheese portion as it was for 2 people) and mixed the eggs and cheese together. Once the spagheti was cooked, drained it then added it to teh eggycheesy bowl, mixed it thoroughly then poured it all into the pan with the cooking onions and bacon. Stir thoroughly for a few minutes whilst the eggy mixture cooks around the spaghetti. It was delicious and used 1 HX A (cheese) and 1 HX B (bacon). Followed by the last slice of clafoutis (quite nice, I wrote about it in the pudding sticky) (1 SYN) and a small amount of squirty cream (0.5 SYN). With a can of pepsi max.

Tea - Apple, 1 mini babybel light (2 SYNS), 1 cappucino flavoured kit kat (5.5 SYNS), 1 weetabix with sweetener (3.5 SYNS) served with the rest of my (HX A) milk and a cup of tea, lovely.

13.5 syns, all HXs.

Emerald
X

Another green day, I'm hoping to do a red day tomorrow.

Breakfast - 28g of mini chocolate crisp weetabix (part of HX B) with half of my (HX A) milk

Dinner - 1 packet of uncle ben's chinese style rice (2.5 SYNS) and a homemade quorn chicken style pieces curry made with low fat natural yoghurt, onion, pepper, chilli sauce, curry powder and soy sauce. Pretty nice. Genuinely surprised to find that the quorn fake chicken tasted nicer than actual chicken. Followed by half a tub of homemade malteasers ice cream thing - from the SW website - 1 packet of malteasers at 9 syns and two toffee muller lights with some 0% fat greek yoghurt all stirred together and frozed. I had half (4.5 SYNS)

Tea - 1 Hi Fi bar (HX B) and 1 Ryvita (other half of earlier HX B), 1 laughing cow extra light (1 SYN) and 1 mug of horlicks extra light sachet topped up with the rest of my HX A milk (2 SYNS).

1 HX A, both HX B and 10 Syns

Emerald
X

Yesterday:

Red Day (!!)

Breakfast - 1 Oatso Simple with milk (HX A) and 1 teaspoon of honey (1 SYN) and a chopped banana.

Lunch - 2 slices of wholemeal bread (HX B) filled with bacon, small amount of ketchup (0.5 SYNS) and some spread (3 SYNS), an apple, laughing cow/mini babybel (HX A) and 2 ryvita (3 SYNS) and Dr Pepper Zero can.

Dinner - Homemade beef stew/pie type thing with loads of casserole beef pieces, onion, spinach, carrot, pepper, a packet of beef in ale casserole mix (3 SYNS for my portion of it) and topped with mashed turnip with some 0% greek yoghurt mixed in and some spread (3 SYNS for my amount). Really delicious dinner. Not bad for 6 syns. Pepsi Max can.

So all HXs again and 13.5 syns.

Emerald
X

Yesterday:

Green Day

Breakfast - 28g mini weetabix chocolate crisp (part of HX B) and some milk (HX A) with a banana and some 0% greek yoghurt

Dinner - SW chips, fried egg, baked beans, 2 slices of bread (HX B) with some spread (2 SYNS) and some ketchup (0.5 SYNS) smothered with a (HX A) portion of dairylea, filled with a quorn southern style burger (2.5 SYNS). This has become my SW comfort meal! Followed by the rest of my homemade 'ice cream' (4.5 SYNS) and one block of dairy milk (2 SYNS)

Tea - 1 Ryvita (part of HX B) with 1 laughing cow triangle (1 SYN) and a pot of 0% natural greek yoghurt, 1 teaspoon of honey (1 SYN) and a chopped banana.

All HXs and 14 syns

Emerald
X

I had a bad day yesterday :(
Had a tesco food order booked, so had planned a lovely red day, climaxing with a salad with egg and bacon and toasted croutons and a tuna steak. But in my wisdom I'd not done the checkout properly and the order never arrived! (Totally my fault, I must have got distracted whilst placing the order) and didn't have any red meal food in the house..... hence.....

Breakfast - 1 slice bread (1/2 HX B) with scrambled egg (made with HX A milk) and a mocha made with coffee and 1 options sachet (2 SYNS)

Lunch - Bacon sandwich (bread HX B) with spread (2 SYNS) and ketchup (0.5 SYNS) and an apple, 1 ryvita (1.5 SYNS), baby bel and laughing cow cheese (HX A) and a muller light.

Dinner - Indian takeaway - I had the dhansak that I had before listed as 6.5 syns BUT this time I weighed it and it was nearly double the weight! So Indian, (12 SYNS) and because I was feeling pretty annoyed by the situation...... malibu (7 SYNS) with pepsi max

ALL HXs and 25 syns..... :( Feel in two minds really. Was unhappy when I weighed the indian which made me sort of glad that I'd only ordered just that dish but on the other hand I was wishing I'd just gone for it and had the naan and onion bhajees as well because I would have enjoyed it all more. But then I'd be looking at another 40 syns for the day probably.....

Anyway back on track today.....

Emerald
X

Yesterday

Doing this off the top of my head so hope I remember

Green Day

Breakfast - 28g of mini weetabix chocolate crisp (HX B) with milk (HX A), some total 0% greek yoghurt, sweetener and a banana and a cup of tea.

Lunch - Jacket potato with some spread (2 SYNS) and 1 mini baby bel (2 SYNS) and a slice of grilled bacon (HX B) and 1/2 tin of baked beans.

Dinner - Loads of pasta served with chopped quorn sausages with a sauce made from chopped tomatoes, peppers, garlic all fried up together and served with some grated cheese (HX A). Really tasty and filling. Kitkat for afters (5.5 SYNS) and two glasses of malibu and pepsi max (5 SYNS).

All HXs and 14.5 syns. So still a pretty bad day considering I was meant to be being good yesterday. Today I'm having a red day and being a lot better syn wise and getting more free food down my gob!

Emerald
X

Back