Emily's Diary - Back on the restart wagon again!

emily87

Onwards and downwards!
Hi everyone,

I've decided to start a food diary! I've seen other people and have been inspired to start my own, hoping it will help :) I’m 22 and I started Slimming World in July 2009 weighing 13st 8lbs, at my heaviest I was about 14st 7lbs but I managed lose some weight on my own beforehand. I managed to get down to an okish 11st 6lbs in time for my holiday to the Caribbean in March (would have liked to have lost more, but better than nothing!) but since then I have let things slip and have just not been able to get back into it. I started back ‘properly’ on SW 3 weeks ago weighing 12st (which I was not very happy about) and lost 3.5lbs in the first week, which was great and really motivated me to continue. Then the next week I only lost 0.5lb and although I told myself I wouldn’t let it get to me it did and as a result have gained 2lbs last week :(

So now its kick up the backside time (again!), because I have to do this for myself. I can’t bear to look in the mirror and I have very few clothes I am actually comfortable wearing. I know I have lost weight but when I look at myself I still see that 14 and a half stone, size 18 girl. I’m hoping that by keeping a diary it might help keep me on track, and so I can see what I’m eating and where I might be going wrong. And also so I can have a moan every now and again :D I want to reach my 10st target this time! Fingers crossed!! :cross:

Last edited:
So today was a Green day I had:

Breakfast: 42g Allbran (HexB) with Milk (HexA)

Lunch: Half a can of Baxters Tomato soup (6.5 syns),
Hartleys Cranberry and raspberry jelly pot (0.5 syns)

Dinner: Mushy pea curry with slimming world chips

Snacks: 1x crumpet (4.5 syns) with 1tbsp blackcurrant jam (2 syns)
Strawberries
A bunch of grapes

Total syns = 13.5 syns

Exercise = 30mins on exercise bike

I found today ok, had a headache this evening and just wanted to curl up on the sofa but managed to resist naughty food and stay within my syns. Haven't had a crumpet in aaages and it was quite yummy. One day down, a million more to go!! :)

Red day today, I had:

Lunch: Half a can of Baxters Tomato soup (6.5 syns),
Banana

Dinner: 2x beef burgers
2x Dairylea light slices (HeA)
Peas + Babycorn

Snacks: Strawberries
Hartleys Blueberry and blackcurrant jelly pot (0.5 syns)
Clementine
Slices of ham

Total syns = 7 syns

Had a bit of a blip yesterday (already, lol) so no food diary as I cant really remember what I ate! Still kept up with my exercise though and did my 30 mins on the exercise bike as well as about 30 mins walking the dog. Today was much better. Was quite hungry after work so had a few slices of ham, probably should have had fruit or something healthier but its still syn free I guess. Made the burgers for the first time tonight, they were delicious. The Dairylea ontop made it feel a bit naughty, hehe, but very scrummy. Will definately make them again, maybe with a nice salad or something, but I didn't have much veg in the house tonight as I need to go shopping. Here's hoping for another good day tomorrow, and I hope the weather stays good :)

Oops, not doing to well with the whole diary thing. Must be the lazy gene in me, lol. Possibly also to do with the little naughty treats I've been sneaking in and don't want to admit to as well. ;) But weigh day tomorrow so we will see how it goes! And I'm going to try and go 100% this week. Going shopping later so going to stock up on lots of fruit and veg and ingredients for some yummy dinners. Will be back later (hopefully :p) with my food diary for today.

Sunday 30th May

Red day today, I had:

Lunch: Half a can of Baxters Lentil and bacon soup (6.5 syns),
Chicken breast pieces

Dinner: Salmon with veggies
Meringue (2.5 syns) with strawberries and 2 tbsp squirty cream (0.5 syns)

Snacks: 4 Haribo sweets (3 syns)

Total syns = 12.5 syns

30mins walking the dog

Got very bored today so I'm suprised I managed to avoid eating lots of naughty food but I did! Yay, go me! :D Did lots of tidying and cleaning the house today as well as grocery shopping and my exercise, so quite tired this evening. Hubby is away on a course for three weeks from Tuesday so not really looking forward to being on my own. :( Maybe I will go to bed early in the evenings to avoid the late night munchies!

Hi Emily - just a really quick post, you've been doing red and green days which is great, however, remember you need to have two HexB's, you're only having one from what I can see hun.

It's only one HexB if you're having an extra easy day. Also some soups count as a HexB, can't remember which ones at the mo, but check you book. Good luck xx

Omg! I totally missed that, thank you so much Louise!! For some reason I had it in my head that it is one A and one B then you can have an extra one of each if you wanted, duh. Ooo, maybe I can get some ceral bars or something, that would be nice. Will go an investigate now :D

Monday 31st May

Red day today, I had:

Lunch: Homemade tomato soup
Chicken breast pieces

Dinner: Chicken casserole
Strawberries, raspberries and grapes sprinkled with candarel

Total syns = 3 syns

Only 3 syns today, but to be honest I wasn't hungry for anything else to eat. Also have had a few days in the last week where I have been quite a bit over my 15syns a day so hopefully that might even it out a bit. Today was quite a good day. Got on with tidying the house and did a bit of cooking. Made my first tomato soup, which was delicious. It made 4 portions so thats my lunch for the next few days sorted! And syn free(woohoo!) unlike the Baxters tinned tomato soup that I like. So more syns for other yummy things :D Also made the chicken casserole, which was ok. It was just a bit bland and boring to be honest. Might have to think of a way to make it a bit tastier if I made it again. Got the remainder of it for dinner tomorrow night though so will just grin and bear it, hehe.

You're welcome hun, now you can have some toast or something with your soup too, slimming world is ace isn't it!

Unlucky re the casserole.... worcestershire sauce is syn free, I'd wack a load of that on it, will liven it up a little. x

Tuesday 1st June

Red day today, I had:

Banana

Dinner: Chicken casserole
2 slices bacon

Bunch of grapes
Hot chocolate (2 syns)
Mandarin Mullerlight

Total syns = 5 syns

Not been able to get on here everyday to do my diary but managed to scribble down everything Ive eaten the last few days on a scrap of paper :D

Wednesday 2nd June

Green day today, I had:

Banana

Dinner: 2 eggs and SW chips

Snacks: bowl of strawberries, raspberries and grapes with candarel and squirty cream (2 syns)
1 packet of walkers crisps (6.5 syns)

Total syns = 8.5 syns

Exercise = No exercise :cry:

Thursday 3rd June

Red day today, I had:

Lunch: Ham and chicken slices

Dinner: 2 Pork and leek burgers with dairylea slices (HeA)
Salad (lettuce, cucumber and carrot)

Snacks: 2 Alpen light bars (HeB)

Total syns = 0 syns (Oops :eek:)

Friday 4th June

Red day today, I had:

Lunch: 2 poached eggs
Ham slices
Chicken pieces

Dinner: BBQ chicken casserole
Mixed steamed veggies

Snacks: Big bowl of strawberries, raspberries and grapes with candarel and squirty cream (2 syns)
4 softmints (2 syns)
2 alpen light bars (HeB)
1 Tripple chocolate skinny cow ice cream (4.5 syns)

Total syns = 4 syns

Finally caught up with my diary. Struggled a bit this evening, I just couldnt be bothered to go in the kitchen and cook dinner and I was so so tempted just to give in and go get a kebab or chinese takeaway or something. But somehow I managed to resist the temptation and made a yummy bbq chicken casserole, much nicer than the one I made a few days ago :) Had my shopping delivered on Wednesday evening too so got lots of nice, good food in the house and my Alpen light bars! Which I have to say are mighty yummy. :p So I think they will be a permanent fixture on my shopping list from now on, although they are quite expensive :(
I've just been a bit down in general today and a bit kranky, I feel sorry for my hubby and the dog, lol. Being faced with a mountain of washing up didn't really help the situation, I think the whole cutlery draw was waiting to be washed up! I think I will start praying for a dishwasher to appear in my kitchen, could really do with one. I used to be quite lazy with cooking, but since I got back on plan 4 weeks ago I've been making something new nearly every night and it seems to generate soooo much washing up, which I have a really bad habit of leaving to build up. Oh well. The food tastes good tho so I'm not complaining too much.
Really want to try and get out and about in the lovely weather tomorrow and maybe do a bit of spring cleaning. :)

Last edited:
Yay - well done on resisting the takeaway hun. Hope you're feeling a bit brighter today, I think you need some body magic - stick the radio on full blast and go tackle those dishes girl, you'll feel much better when you've got a sparkley kitchen xx

Saturday 5th June

Green day today, I had:

Lunch: Chicken noodle mugshot

Dinner: Risotto (made with quorn pieces, peas, sweetcorn and green beans), Sprinkled with some parmesan cheese (HeA)

Snacks: 2x Alpen light bars (HeB)
6x spearmint softmints (3 syns)

Total syns = 3 syns

Exercise = 30 mins exercise bike

The risotto was delish!! First time I have made one in aaaages and I may have to start making them more often. Probably had a bit much of it as I was pretty stuffed after, but it was all free so I didn't feel bad about it, hehe :D

Sunday 6th June

Red day today, I had:

Lunch: Minestrone slim a soup (3 syns)
Chicken breast pieces

Dinner: Chicken stuffed with quark and diced mango (? syns) wrapped in bacon
Mixed steamed veggies

Snacks: Raspberries with candarel
10x haribo sweets (7.5 syns)

Total syns = 10.5 syns

I'm not sure if the mango has to be synned? It was diced and then just warmed through I guess. Does anybody know? I know that fruit has to be synned if you cook it but is that just if you stew it or crush it or something? It was very tasty though :)

Monday 7th June

Red day today, I had:

Lunch: Minestrone slim a soup (3 syns)
Chicken breast pieces
bunch of grapes

Dinner: 2x Pork burgers topped with a slice of bacon and dairylea light slice (HeA)
Mixed steamed veggies

Big bowl of strawberries, raspberries and grapes with candarel and squirty cream (1.5 syns)
4x meatball things (8 syns)

Total syns = 12.5 syns

Weigh day today and I have lost 1lb. To begin with I was quite dissapointed and deflated about it as I had felt I tried really hard last week and that didn't reflect in my weight loss. But after having posted something on the forum earlier I have had so much support and advice and I feel much better now. I need to accept that some weeks I may stay the same or not lose as much as I would hope to but it is all part of the weightloss process and I WILL reach my goal eventually. I just need to give it time. :D Really had to force myself to get on the exercise bike today tho, lol. And the kitchen is tidy, woohoo :D

Well done on your loss hun, just looking at your food diary - are you eating enough? I know a mugshot on it's own wouldn't fill me up? Good luck for this week (p.s. I wouldn't worry about the mango, it would be very minimal syns) x

Thank you Louise :) I know, its strange, but I do find mugshots quite filling. They last me a couple of hours them I will have some fruit or an alpen light. Have been looking at other peoples food diaries though and am beginning to wonder if I'm eating enough. Hmm, might have to find more healthy free things to munch on that I like :). Today was a Green day for a change, and I had:

Lunch: Tomato and herb couscous mugshot (1 syn)
Banana

Dinner: Risotto with quorn pieces, peas, sweetcorn and green beans (again, hehe. No parmesan this time though boohoo)

Big bowl of strawberries, raspberries and grapes with squirty cream (1.5 syns) and 1x meringue nest crushed ontop (2.5 syns)
1x bitesize caramel shortcake thing (3 syns)

Total syns = 8 syns

9/6/10
Was undecided as to which day to do today. Although the shopping got delivery last night I felt like there was nothing in the house to eat! So it was a bit of a wierd day today and didn't really have much for dinner. What I did have was much much better than the takeaway my husband suggested and was trying to persuade me to have tonight!! Grrr. So turned out to be Red:

Lunch: Chicken noodle and vegetable slim a soup (3 syns)
Banana

Dinner: 2 poached eggs and 2 red leicester and onion quorn sausages (2 syns) (didn't think much of the sausages, will stick to plain ones I think)
Chicken breast pieces

Grapes
3x mini milks (4.5 syns)

Total syns = 9.5 syns

Exercise = None

Had lots to do this evening after work so didn't get a chance to go on the exercise bike, which I always feel a bit bad about. Ended up eating 3 mini milks, one of each flavour, as I got them for the first time in my shopping yesterday after having had them when I was little, and they are sooooo yummy I couldn't stop myself, hehe. But all within my allowance so I don't feel too bad :D

Back