Emilys Diary

emily_jade

Hi everyone, i just joined this board today! Everyone seems really nice! its nice to be around people who are all trying to achieve the same thing :)

I thought i would share my story :)

Well, I started doing Slimming World again properly yesterday after a couple of months doing it on and off. I did attend a group before (last august-October) but ended up having to stop going as i just couldnt afford it anymore. Mostly because I am currently a student in my second year of Uni!

At the mo I am around a size 12, sometimes need to go for a size 14 (it really depends on the shop!) but I hope to get down to a size 10. I have before been a size 8-10 and that changed when I moved in with my boyfriend (who is actually now my fiance!) :love:
Of course I dont blame him for me putting on weight, but we did enjoy very high syn meals together! such as spagetti bolognaise with full fat mince, topped off with lots of garlic bread and normally a bottle of wine between us!We did go out partying/clubbing quite a lot too, which also wouldn't have helped things! we still do go out but not as much as we used to. I now use flexi syns for the odd night out on the tiles! :party0016:

I was around 10.5 stone before i moved across to Scotland with him, and when I went to a SW group last august, I was horrified to find out I had gone up to 14 stone! i may have actually pulled this face! ---> :eek:

While i was at that group, I did manage to lose around a stone :clap: and the last weigh in I had back then I was at 13.1 stone.

Now that I am being a bridesmaid for my sister on 18th June this year, I am dying to lose another stone for it! After the wedding, I hope to lose another stone again! all on extra easy of course! extra easy is definately the plan for me - I cant live without my pasta! ;) Slimming World fits in to my life so well! Even while at University!

I also would like to be slim for my wedding which is going to be in August 2013!

anyway, enough rambling on! I feel i have typed too much already and i havent even got to the diary yet! :eek:

here is my food diary for today and feel free to comment if you feel I have made any mistakes or if you want to advise anything. :)

Breakfast - quorn sausages, beans, grilled cherry tomatoes and 2 slices wholemeal bread from 400g loaf(B choice) - absolutely yummy!

Lunch - Baked potato with spinach/cucumber and spring onion salad and king prawns with 3 tbsps extra light mayo (1.5 syns) - delicious!!

Dinner - 2 small skinless cod fillets with slimming world chips and peas. also 2 tbsps extra light mayo (1 syn)

250ml semi skimmed milk - all enjoyed with mugs of tea! (A choice)

Snacks i had today:
cadburys light choc mousse yogurt (3 syn) - yummy yummy yummy! :clap:
strawberries with fat free fromage frais
one satsuma
Rocky bar (5.5 syns - i think?)
1 piece of toast from 400g loaf (3 syns) with mushrooms fried with fry light, rest of the beans i opened earlier and one quorn sausage.

so far syn total for today is 14.

the day is not yet over so cant say im not going to eat anything else! (free though!) om nom nom nom! :party0051:

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Hi Emily,

What a lovely story, it's sooo easy to get comfortable with someone and enjoy cooking and drinking together and have it all creep up on you. At least you had a good time while you put the weight on!

I do green personally so can't comment on EE as an expert, but you probably need to up your super-free to a third - I'm not sure from your menus that you're doing that (your dinner for instance).

Anyhow, best of luck, you know the plan works having done it recently and you have a clear idea of where you want to get to so I'm sure you'll do great x

thanks Beegee! I'll take your advice on the superfree foods, just to be clear is superfree needed with every meal? i'll start doing that anyway :)

It is really nice how supportive every is on this forum. I guess we're all in the same boat no matter if you want to lose a little bit of weight or a lot of weight!

My food diary today so far has been

for breakfast - 2 quorn sausages, some baked beans, mushrooms(superfree), bacon(fat cut off) although was maple cured? not sure if syn-ful or not? and 2 slices of wholemeal bread from 400g loaf (B choice) fried in fry light. (really yummy!)

Lunch - 2 slices wholemeal bread from 400g loaf (6 syns) with chicken slices, spring onions(superfree), one tomato(superfree) and 2 tbsps extra light mayo (1 syn)

Snack: 1 cadbury light choc mousse yogurt (3 syns)

For dinner we are planning on having spagetti bolognaise cooked with Quorn mince and adding some superfree veg to it such as diced carrots and lots of onionsn and mushrooms too! yummy! :clap: Also had a little side salad with it consisting of spinach and spring onion (superfree) and tiny bit of low fat vinegarette!

Dont think I will have anymore syns today (says me now but lets see later) so my total is 10.

Last edited:
Well, I knew I would fancy another couple of syns aside from the 10 I have used up today! :rolleyes:

Had a Laughing Cow Light triangle (1.5 syns) and a mullerlight dark choc sprinkles with black cherry underlayer (2 syns) and also very tasty! so syn total for today is 13.5 altogether! Also had my healthy extra A choice with 250 semi skimmed milk with cups of tea and coffee. lots of water too!

have just been out for a walk around the loch where we live with my fiance too! was a gorgeous evening to do so! :)

Think i will have french toast in the morning! With a little bit of maple syrup. maybe a cheeky bit of bacon too. sounds fabby if I dont say so myself! :clap:

Well! Today has been a bit hectic!

I had enough time for breakfast though:

2 slices french toast from 400g wholemeal loaf (B choice) with 2 slices bacon(fat removed) and 1 tbsp maple syrup (2 syns i believe?) and a handful of blackberries (superfree) - was all delicious!! :clap:

On the way to uni I bought a Cadburys Fudge bar (6 syns)

Then i was at uni dissecting a fish. ew :eek:

Whilst at uni I had a packet of caramel snack a jacks (5 syns??) and a diet coke.

I had a late lunch of the left overs of last nights spag bol(made with quorn mince and superfree ingredients) and a laughing cow light triangle (1.5 syns)

for dinner i had 2 tescos light sausages (are these 1 syn each?)so 2 syns. with a little bit of baked beans and a salad of diced cucumber on the side (superfree)

And then i had to catch a flight across to northern ireland to visit my family! so im here for the weekend but will be as good as i can as they also follow slimming world most of the time! :)

i thought my syns had added up to more then that but its not as bad as i thought! will be extra good tomorrow!

Total syns of 16.5

well i am at home for the weekend so Im not sure how i will do but i tried to be as good as i can!! :)

breakfast: 1 slice wholemeal bread from 800g loaf (B choice) with 2 fried eggs fried in fry light and tomatoes (superfree)

snacks: 2 mulllerlights both vanilla and dark choc sprinkles
1 alpen light bar (3 syns)
fat free greek yogurt with lots of grapes and one teaspoon of honey (1 syn)

lunch: baked potato with beans and lots of green salad (superfree)
M & S gronola yogurt with seeds (no idea how many syns?) i didnt finish it though!
semi skimmed milk (250ml - or just over - i'll add a syn on just incase) (1 syn)

Dinner: chicken fillet wrapped in bacon (fat removed) with mashed potato and brocolli (superfree) the chicken had around 2 tbsps light philidelphia in it (around 6 syns?)

going to the cinema tonight and may get a some pic n mix sweets, but not too many. I'll add a rough estimate when i get home :)

Have also drank around 3/4 glasses of water so far. will get some more at the cinema! whilst I drool over Bradley Cooper in 'Limitless' :eek:

p.s. managed to buy a bra that was 2 cup sizes down from the last one i bought!! and it fitted perfect!! well happy! :)

Around 11 syns in total. but more would need to be added for the granola yogurt and I have no idea how many syns would be in it. prob more then i hoped. oh well... flexi syns today! and then back to a sensible syn amount tomorrow! :)

I know I shouldnt weight myself until wednesday but the scales here at home say im 4lbs lighter then the ones i have at home. hmmmm.

I had a pic n mix at the cinema.. woooops! but am i hell beating myself up over it!! just gonna get back to normal tomorrow and less syns!

ok... so today wasnt the best slimming day ive had in the world. But I am away visiting family this weekend and its always harder when you are away!
this is what i ate today.

Breakfast: (had breakfast at a cafe) and best one i could find was scrambled eggs on toast... the bread was from 800g loaf and was granary rather then wholemeal. I had one and a half slices... synful i guess?! or can i use one as my healthy extra B choice? Id say around 7 syns for it if i cant use it as a healthy extra.

Lunch - also was out :( got a salad.. but wasnt the nicest eeek! It was lean beef (free) lots of green leaves (superfree) and some coleslaw. i never finished the coleslaw so only had like a tbsp of it (so around 2 syns?) there was cheese on it too. but i was trying to not eat it all... (around 4 syns)

We then visited my nana. where i had a bun (no idea what type it was!) and a biscuit with a cup of tea! im gonna say around 8 syns for both together.

My healthy A choice has been a few dashes of milk in teas and coffees. havent had too much milk i dont think!

The plan for dinner is much better:
Gammon (fat cut off) with potatoes and fried eggs in frylight and lots of fried onions (in frylight/superfree)

planning on a small(ish!) glass of wine with a dvd later with the family! so another 6 syns im gonna add.

Around 27 syns or so??!! EEEEK! :eek: Damn.

im going to try not and worry too much as im going back home to scotland tomorrow morning, so can get straight back on track! :)

Ok... so today i ended up having: was up at 5am to catch a flight home :cry:eek:nce again not had the best day :( It has been hard as I havent organised my meals etc for the week ahead and have just got back from my weekend away.

breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal toast from 400g loaf (B choice) with 2 eggs fried in frylight.
snack: mullerlight vanilla and cho sprinkles
1 choc digestive biscuit (4 syns)

Lunch; had tomato and basil soup at the M&S cafe (5 syns?) it came with 2 very small little rolls (6 syns i would guess)
also - greek yogurt with granola - no idea how many syns.

250ml semi skimmed milk for coffees/teas (A choice)

prob around 20 syns or so.

i know my choices have made me not include superfree foods but I will be back to normal tomorrow! start of the week! have now got a bit of shopping in, and i can plan out ahead :)

hi everyone!

I havent been on here for a few days as my internet had been down!

I weighed myself yesterday and I was just over 5lbs lighter then I was last Wednesday!! :clap: Well chuffed! i honestly thought I had had too many syns!

i have been naughty yesterday and today. but we were putting down a laminate floor yesterday and the only thing we wanted to eat was a chippy. so we had one. :) But I am back straight on to slimming world tomorrow!

Im really happy with my 5lbs weight loss though! :)

I will report my food diary tomorrow when I am back on track again after a couple of naughty days!

Ok so today wasnt my best day! But I do have an excuse!

Breakfast was good! I had 2 slices wholemeal bread from 400g loaf (B choice) with some beans, scrambled egg, mushrooms (superfree) and 2 quorn sausages.

Here is the excuse I was talking about! At around lunch time we were at a wedding fair at the venue where I am getting married and they were giving out free glasses of champagne and canapes. and its rude not to have any right? :p so I had 2 glasses of champange and some canapes. but I HAD to try them to see what my venue food is like! no idea how many syns I had there though haha! ah well.

Then i had a hot cross bun with a cup of coffee!

another snack was 2 mullerlight low fat greek fruit corners (syns??) Ok. that was a lie I had 3, not 2.

For dinner we went all posh and got guinea fowl from Tescos haha! I took the skin off mine though so it was free! And we had it with morroccon cous cous (tescos) (syns?? no idea at the mo) also with pea and edamme salad (superfree) and homemade SW chips (free) And 1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn)

I am currently having a glass of wine. But I intend to be much better tomorrow. On wednesday evening we are leaving for a 90 mile hiking trip. Which will no doubt allow me to lose lots of weight!

i also had a Skinny cow triple chocolate ice cream lolly (4 syns) and so worth the 4 syns by the way! :)

monday morning tomorrow, beginning of a new week and so a much better start. :)

Back