Emma's Atkins Diary

Thanks me too x

Hi Emmy,

hope you don't mind me chipping in? I've read through your diary and wanted to let you know that I came over from Cambridge diet Ss and I was very scared about piling all the weight back on and some because this diet is a diet that goes against everything we have been made to believe by the professionals etc. I think the difference for me was that I was pretty much already in ketosis so had been through all the withdrawal crap and was burning fat so transitioning was easier. I'd read about all the diets and decided Atkins or low carb would be the best to transition to. My first week I stayed the same, second week stayed the same and I began to panic wondering what on earth I was doing and was I making things worse then I decided to up my fats, because my ratios were still low worrying about gaining weight. I went to town on the fats and ate 3 meals with snacks in between so I didn't go hungry. I drank 4 litres of water without fail per day and still do, I believe the more we drink the more we shrink on any way of eating. I say give it time but make sure you are honest with yourself because this is not a diet where you can cheat or get lazy with watching. Strict induction with high fats always works and whenever I find myself steering off I nip it in the bud after a few days and go back to basics always with good results. My problem is keeping that up but I always get cocky and treat myself to owl or maintainance type foods which make me gain a lb or two or stay the same for weeks...which makes me feel I am just wasting time.
I lost 1 stone in 5 weeks on Cambridge, just over 1-1/2 on Atkins over 5 months...slower for me because I have played around with higher carbs and I drink crap loads of cream in my many coffees but I do feel safer about this weight from Atkins staying off better than that quick 1 stone from Cambridge iykwim?

Never go hungry, never over feed yourself because s you can always have more in a few hours. Forget about cals and check the stickies for shopping must haves posted by the originals who've had great long time results.

good luck and stick with it, oh and take measurements, sometimes the scales are not friendly but measurements shock.

Thanks for taking time to read my diary and for all the great advice goldi its always good to get advice from people that have done it especially when you have come from a similar diet to what I did. I have been doing ok so far and stuck with foods on the induction list. ( if I haven't please tell me) . I have been having cream in my coffee but only a table spoon at a time. I'm sticking to this completely how ever long it takes because even tho I can't eat things that I used to, there's so much I can eat that tastes nice.
Can i just ask, You said that you stayed the same for the first 2 weeks on atkins then upped your fats. Did you lose more weight once upping your fat intake? I'm wondering if my fat intake might not be high enough maybe because in so worried about eating lots of fat. I'm still grilling everything rather than frying x

I learnt 2 good things today
1) I just done a ketosis stick And I think I'm in ketosis because it showed pink yay!
2) peperami sticks are only 0.6 carbs

So today's a good day.

also weigh in tomorrow! Woop woop

Hooray for pepperamis - love em:)

Hi Emma

Hope you're doing ok. Embrace the fried options ;)

K x x x

Hey everyone, not signed in got ages but I'm still going strong, need more good options as I'm living on bacon and eggs at the mo, and coffee
hope your all doing well
xx

Hi Emma, there's a link in my signature to my website of low carb menu options - take a look for ideas as well as in the recipes section. Frankly there is always a low carb alternative - just google:)

Emmy I read the diaries here for food ideas. I'm permanently stuck in a breakfast rut of eggs, but I love eggs!

Back