Emma's Atkins Diary

Emmy_lu

Silver Member
Hello everyone

I'm starting Atkins tomorrow but just thought I'd come and make a diary as I love reading everyone else's. I've done my good shopping, the biggest struggle I think is giving up milk as I do like my teas and coffees but the fact I can add cream is a massive plus as previously I did lipotrim and wasn't able to have anything other than black tea, black coffee and water so compared to that this should be pretty simple ( or so I hope) the hardest thing is finding hidden ingredients in things so ill be doing lots of research to find out what's best.

I bought a dress for a wedding I'm going to in two weeks which is now to small for me so hoping I can lose a few pound before then as I can get it on but it is tight around the tummy area at the moment

I'm looking forward to losing some weight and not feeling bloated all the time.

If anyone spots that I'm doing anything wrong please tell me as I am new at this and still haven't received my book so getting all my info from this site.

Hope everyone else is doing well

Xx

Hi and welcome. Tummy bloat often goes first so hopefully that dress will fit!

Fingers crossed of not I've got problems lol x

Day 1
Breakfast - 2 slices of bacon , 2 eggs, 3 cut up mushrooms all fried in olive oil, 2 cream coffees. I'm a bit concerned that my fitness pal says I've used 5g carbs, most of which was the mushrooms, is this ok or an I doing it wrong already?

Hi Emma and hello to your own diary :)

Mushrooms aren't massively high in carbs and they are on the list of allowed induction veg - but don't forget, there are carbs in cream too - MFP will tell you exactly how much.

Thank you :)

Just had lovely lunch gammon, 1 mushroom, half a green pepper, half a yellow pepper and some cuecumber. I put it In MFP and was mortified to find out peppers have 6g carbs in them at this rate I might live on meat alone lol
x

LOL go for leafy greens - you can have about 15g carbs a day (especially if you don't go mad on cheese and cream) of veg - and leafy greens like spinach, cabbage and so on are the best way to get them in. I love cauli too but watch carb creep :)

I will, I'll start planning and checking MFP before meals rather than after, is it only 15g carbs were allowed coz
i read on one of the sites 20g or is that the next stage. I can stick to 15 I just wondered.
ive been spending a lot of time thinking about food today not bbecause in hungry just looking things up. Nice being able to eat and I love love love the fact I can have mayo I love mayo. I'm def going for the green leafy stuff from now on.

how you getting on lady F, how long you been doing atkins?
x

I love my mayo too :)

During induction you can have 20g carbs a day, so if the rest of your meals are protein you could have your 20g from veg. But there's carbs in mayo, for example, and milk, so I usually think about 15g for veg and 5g for other stuff.

I started on low carb about two years ago, loved it then fell off the wagon quite a few times, tried other woes, and have just come back to low carb :)

The key is planning. Plan your meals well ahead of time, and prepare as much as you can beforehand (I make 12 bacon and egg muffins on a Sunday to have at work during the week). Also, don't be afraid to get in the kitchen and get cooking - I was good for nothing except opening a ready meal and now I make everything from scratch - nothing cordon bleu and some of the results may not look too fab - but they taste great :D

Well done, im a bit like that, just throw everything together, i Should be a good cook after a few months if this or at least ill think I am lol

My breakfast was over 500 calories this morning yet only 1 carb, it's hard to believe I'm going to lose weight, it onviously works for you to be doing it and losing but I'm quite scared. Also on MFP my cholesterol is really really high is that normal on this diet? Sorry for all the questions but this diet is really unbelievable I'm worried ill be a stone heavier next week when I go to the wedding
xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 100
Hey Emma

How're you getting on? x x x

Awww try not to worry, it is hard to get your head round at first because it goes against everything we've always been told about losing weight but it does work.

i lost over two stone on Atkins a few years ago - this time I am two weeks in and have lost 12 pounds - all while eating lots of calories and lots of fat.

I got checked out by the doctor last time as I was worried about cholesterol etc but apparently I was the healthiest I had ever been and my cholesterol was low so I don't worry any more.

if you follow the rules and stick to it, I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised when you weigh in.

Hi Kay , I'm getting on ok, think I'm getting the hang of it, I have put on 2 lb but hoping that's just where I've eaten a lot of fat and my body's not in ketosis yet so not breaking it down once in in ketosis it might but I don't know if that's how it works or not. how are you getting on ?
x

Thanks jonsgirl and well done on your weight loss , I'd be over the moon with that in just two weeks x

I just weighed myself and I'm nearly 4lb up in 3 days and followed the plan to the letter is this normal for a beginner?

Hiya,

Have you come from a VLCD? if so i think that is fairly normal. Takes the body a while to adjust.

Try not to worry - stick to it, follow the rules and I'm sure you will see a loss soon x

Ditto^^

I've not been on it for over a month now and put on a stone when I came off by eating to many carbs so I must of for all my water weight back that I need to lose again. I'm very confused but I will stick at it as your all living proof it works I just need to work out where I'm going wrong
x

Had bacon and eggs for breakfast ( I love breakfast time on this diet) , for lunch I just had 2 100% beef burgers (carbs 0.3g) from Iceland with some salad and a bit of grated cheese. It was very yummy.
still not in ketosis yet tho :-( hopefully wont be long now

Hope the big K arrives soon:)

Back