Emma's Diary

Yeah definitely worth it, I'll be prepared next time ha ha.

You might be in labour by lunchtime :) just remember to try eat little and often cos you'll need your strength when it happens and you don't know how long til your next meal. I wasn't allowed anything to eat once I'd hit 4cm so in total I hadn't eaten for 55 hours, once Naomi was out I was calling for my snack bag lol :) x

Still no baby!!! Guarantee I'll still be here next Friday awaiting my induction on Saturday morning :)

Still no movement! Our little boy is gone to see the Dublin match with my Dad, then he's having a sleepover in my parents house so we're going to the cinema for something to do x

Hi Ladies :)

Well my little princess Darcy was born last Friday the 10th of August at 3.58am, weighing 8lbs 3.5 oz.

We are so hapy with her, she is a little gem!

I ended up going into labour myself. Woke up on the Thursday at 6am feeling very heavy, was having pains on and off but they were in my lower back so didnt think much of them. From around 9am that morning the pains were ranging from 20-40 mins apart, they weren't painful and again all in the back so didn't even occur to me they were contractions. They eased off a little around lunch time and weren't as regular so I assumed they were braxton hicks. We had a busy day pottering around then went to my mums for lunch. At about 3pm I mentioned that I had been having the lower back pains again and they were coming 20mins apart so myself, my mum and my partner just made sure we kept timing them.

We went home to collect our son from montessori and my aunt was going to visit so I busied myself with the laundry etc. She arrived about 8pm and at this point I said to her there was a chance I was in labour but as I wasnt in pain I sort of played it down. Kept timing them whilst we were chatting over tea and biscuits and around 9.15pm I noticed that the last 4 pains had been 7 mins apart! So my bf insisted I phone the hospital, no midwife available to take my call so I decided to have a shower and get myself ready just in case.

After my shower the pains started to get very strong and were 5/6mins apart so my aunt drove our son to my parents and we decided to head into the hospital to be checked as its a 40 minute drive away. Got to hospital just before 11pm, pain all still in my lower back but much stronger. Was 3cm dialated and at 12am I was brought up to the labour room by our midwife Gabby. At 1.30am I was 5cm and at 3.30am I was 10cm.

The room was really calm, just myself the bf and Gabby, she dimmed the lights and we start pushing, slow pushes and she left quite a bit of time in between to let baby recover. I had 3 big pushes and our little princess arrived :)

Wow nice easy labour well done, congratulations on your new arrival. How are you doing? xx

I'm doing really well thanks hun! Was on a complete high for like 4 days now feeling a bit tired.

Darcy has had her unsettled time between 12am and 2am the past 2 nights, very odd but she is still brand new so we'll see how she goes over the next few days. Shes very good, just eats and sleeps at the moment. My bf works from home so I've lots of support, he is so smitten with her bless him and very hands on.

I'm off to the GP today as I've developed a rash on my arms and legs, it's really itchy and keeping me awake at night, I'm sure it's a reaction to something although I don't know what, so hopefully he can give me something for it.

Gonna try figure out how to attach a photo and will be joining you all on the weightloss thread today :)

RetailChick said:
I'm doing really well thanks hun! Was on a complete high for like 4 days now feeling a bit tired.

Darcy has had her unsettled time between 12am and 2am the past 2 nights, very odd but she is still brand new so we'll see how she goes over the next few days. Shes very good, just eats and sleeps at the moment. My bf works from home so I've lots of support, he is so smitten with her bless him and very hands on.

I'm off to the GP today as I've developed a rash on my arms and legs, it's really itchy and keeping me awake at night, I'm sure it's a reaction to something although I don't know what, so hopefully he can give me something for it.

Gonna try figure out how to attach a photo and will be joining you all on the weightloss thread today :)

It's your hormones I think! I got it after Jack all over my arms, legs and belly, first it was just a spotty rash them it was big and blotchy I looked a mess but I got some strong cream and apparently its very common after its when your body has a reaction to your hormone levels changing post baby I got it 5 or 6 days after. Can't wait to see pic and yes jump over to the yummy mummy thread :) xx

010.jpg012.jpg

Not sure if this will work...........if it does then this is Darcy x

I can only view the first pic but is probably my phone, she's absolutely beautiful hun :) xx

Thanks girls xx

Had 2 glasses of red wine last night and 3 small slices of vegetarian pizza watching the X Factor with my boys! Was lovely but back on the wagon today :)

Really not missing bread and sandwiches...........I lived on these in the last few weeks of my pregnancy!!!

Great day yesterday! Went out for dinner with my boys and Darcy. I am loving taking her out and about, cannot believe she is 10 days old :)

We shared the chicken wings to start and I had the chicken ceasar salad with a glass of white wine for the main. I ordered the white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake for dessert but could only manage a few bites as is was so lucious!

Health visitor is coming today to weigh Darcy, looking forward to see how much she has gained, I can already feel a difference in her the little pudding! x

Really well thanks hun. She has gained 3.5oz on her birth weight so is now 8lbs 7oz :) HV is happy with how she is doing, I was a bit concerned as her tummy, hands and feet seemed a bit dry but we've bought Oilatum for her bath and have been creaming her in silcocks base and it's all cleared up now x

Darcy normally wakes herself every 4hrs for a feed and takes between 3-4oz. Last night she fed between 11.30pm and 12am, she had 4oz and she slept straight through until 7am!! This is the second time she has done this.

She's gaining weight well and normally wakes when she is hungry so should I be worried?

That's fab, don't worry it's perfectly normal. Naomi sleeps 7-8 hours a night and has done for a few weeks now and is 9 weeks tomorrow. My hv very happy with this as she is gaining weight perfect and she says its good as she is getting herself into her own routine, also Naomi sometimes cluster feeds and doc and hv says this is fine because she sleeps so long at night so make bigger bottles if I want but don't confuse it with her not being satisfied xx

Oh and I always say at the end of the day if babies are hungry they will wake up for a feed, as long as they are healthy then I don't see why I should disturb Naomi and wake her up every 4 hours for no reason x

Back