Emma's Journey from Fat and Frumpy to Fit and Fabulous!

Emma, you can have some fruits and low fat yogurt for the weekend. I like blueberries with fromage 0% or low fat Greek yogurt 0%. In case you prefer salty things, have you ever tried zucchini chips? If you sprinkle some paprika before baking they will taste just like chips.

The chips sound good!!

Emma, you can have some fruits and low fat yogurt for the weekend. I like blueberries with fromage 0% or low fat Greek yogurt 0%.
In case you prefer salty things, have you ever tried zucchini chips? If you sprinkle some paprika before baking they will taste just like chips.

I've got a strawberry Greek style yoghurt from Aldi which is a free food so I've been having a little pot of that every day. I also bought a bigger pot of Aldi's fat free vanilla yoghurt but I can't find the specific item in the syn checker so I'm not sure if it's free or not. I'll have to add the nutritional information to the syn calculator when I'm next in the fridge to make sure. I hope it's free though because it was yummy with strawberries and grapes!

Thanks for the suggestions - I haven't had zucchini chips before but I'll look out for them :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Is it the fat free vanilla that looks lind of like a muller light? That's 1 syn i believe!

Is it the fat free vanilla that looks lind of like a muller light? That's 1 syn i believe!

It's a big 450g pot, it's called Brooklea Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt. It's got 'new' on the label so that might be why I can't find it on the syn checker. I put the nutritional information into the syn calculator and it said it'd be 3.5 syns for 100g. I'm disappointed :( but at least the fat free greek style strawberry yoghurt is free, I absolutely love it and I could easily eat a four pack in one day!

Another good day today :)

I didn't have time for breakfast again this morning (really need to focus on that next week), so I had a yoghurt when I got to work. I'd made an extra jacket potato last night so I had that for lunch with salad and cottage cheese. For tea I've had bacon, scrambled egg with two cheese triangles mashed in, and spaghetti hoops. I've still got most of my hex A left as I've only had one cup of tea today, and I haven't had my hex B yet, so I'll have weetabix for supper later on.

One thing I'm struggling with is the 1/3 of your plate for speed foods. I know it says in the book where appropriate, but my tea didn't include any speed foods, even though the bacon, eggs, and spaghetti hoops were all free. I could have grilled a couple of tomatoes to have with it, but I didn't think at the time. Will it even out if I have a bowl full of melon as a snack?

I've only counted 3 syns so far, from the cheese triangles. I have Aldi's Cowbelle Light triangles, and they're 1.5 syns each. It's a shame they're not a hex A, but I'll know for next time to buy Dairylea Light or Laughing Cow instead.

I'll probably have a couple of Hershey's Strawberry Twizzlers later. The syn calculator works it out at 2.5 syns per piece. I'll have two or three of those, and maybe a milky way too (5 syns), which will bring my total syns for the day to either 13 (if I have two Twizzlers) or 15.5 (if I have three).

Last night I resisted the milky way and only had two Twizzlers, so my syn count for the day was 8.

So far today, I've had bacon, scrambled egg with cheese triangles mashed in, spaghetti hoops and grilled tomatoes for brunch (all free apart from the cheese, 3 syns)

I've also had some more melon and a yoghurt (all free).

I'm planning on making a chicken taco for tea, with enough left over for lunch tomorrow. I have the soft stand-and-stuff taco shells from Old El Paso, which are 4.5 syns each, and the whole sachet of taco seasoning is 5 syns, but there's less than half of the sachet left over from last week, and as it's enough to make two meals with, I'll count it as 1 syn per serving. I'll have the seasoned chicken with chopped up peppers added in, and also add lettuce and my hex A serving of cheese on top. All in all, the whole meal will be 5.5 syns.

I haven't had the hex B yet, so I'll have weetabix and milk for supper. I'll syn the milk as I'll have used the hex A for the cheese. 100ml of semi-skimmed milk is 2.5 syns, I'll probably have 200ml on the weetabix, so it'll be 5 syns for that.

So the plan for the rest of the day will mean I'll be having 13.5 syns.

I'm feeling good today, but I'm starting to worry a bit about my weigh-in on Monday. I can't trust the scales at home due to the uneven floor; they bring up massively different readings in different spots in the bathroom. I really hope I've lost something when I go to group on Monday. I've massively overhauled my diet, and even though I haven't started any exercise yet, the massive intake in fruit and veg, and massive reduction in sweets and crisps should be enough to drop a couple of pounds at least.

You said that you are feeling well and even your students noticed your good mood. So, you already have some positive results :)
I'm sure the scale will give you more. Just make sure you don't get too much carbs before weigh in, as they make you retain water.

You said that you are feeling well and even your students noticed your good mood. So, you already have some positive results :)
I'm sure the scale will give you more. Just make sure you don't get too much carbs before weigh in, as they make you retain water.

You're right. I'm not doing this purely for the number on the scale. I couldn't really care less about the number on the scale as long as I'm feeling good within myself. And I do feel good so far, so thank you for reminding me about that :)

My first weigh-in will be tricky because I went to the 5.30pm group last week, and I've been informed this week that it's parent's evening from 4-7pm on Monday, so I'll have to go to the 7.30pm meeting, but it means I'll be going there before I've eaten my tea. They always put a buffet on at school when there's an evening event, so I'll have to stay away from it and make sure I take a bigger salad for lunch and more snacks to keep me going.

So I've been shopping again this afternoon. I've spent more money on food this week than I think I ever have! Not including the amount of money I used to spend on takeaways and meals out, obviously haha.

Living in a shared house is a bit awkward because I only have one shelf in the fridge, one drawer in the freezer, and two cupboards to store all my food. I've bought a fruit bowl today, and I've also ordered a salad spinner online, and I've bought more Tupperware boxes to store my chopped up fruit. I've basically taken over the salad drawer in the fridge (it was mostly used for my housemate to store beer anyway), and my shelf is absolutely jam-packed with yoghurts and fruit.

I'm thinking I'll have to go shopping twice a week at this rate, as I'm getting through so much fruit and yoghurt, but it wouldn't make sense to buy a week's worth in one go as it might go off before I get to eat it. Things like grapes, I bought a punnet on Tuesday and it was gone within two days, but the melon I bought wasn't ripe until Friday night. It's going to take a bit of trial and error to get in to the swing of things. I'd prefer to have a set shopping list and stick to buying the same staples every week, in the right quantities, to last me a full week. I'm sure once I've been doing this a few weeks it'll all fall in to place.

So far so good this weekend - I've stuck to what I planned to eat without any slip-ups. Saturday night is my usual treat night, so hopefully the chicken taco will be satisfying enough, and I've planned to have a milky way (5) when I'm watching TV later on.

I'm also planning on introducing exercise into my plan next week, but I haven't exercised properly in 10 months, so it's going to have to be a gentle introduction until I'm a bit fitter. I'm interested to try pilates and a powerhoop class, does anybody have any recommendations for good exercise options to get me started? I'm thinking swimming, or a couple of classes. I'll hopefully start walking/jogging more soon too.

I am just gonna start walking more this week.

Start with the 3 15 mins per week & get my bronze award then build it up as I go.

My shopping can be a fortune too!

Dxxx

Yeah walking will be good to start with. I'd like to work towards the bronze award too :)

Today has been another good day.

Breakfast: 2x Aldi benefit cereal bars (hex b)
Lunch: leftover chicken taco (5.5 syns) with cheese (hex a) and salad
Tea: ham salad with cottage cheese (all free)
Snacks: yoghurt, grapes, 3x twizzlers (7.5 syns)

Total syns: 13

Tomorrow is my first weigh-in and I'm really excited. I've made overnight oats with frozen strawberries for breakfast and I've made extra ham salad with cottage cheese for lunch. Just have to avoid the buffet at work and get through parents evening before I'll finally be able to find out if I've lost any weight.

Wish me luck! (And good luck to all you Monday weigh-ins too!)

How did you get on Emma?

I lost 4lbs :) Deep down I was kinda hoping for a little bit more, but 4lbs is a good result.

I've set a target to lose 3lbs next week to hit the half stone award.

Yesterday was a bit of a rubbish day food wise, I was great all day at work, but because I was at parent's evening until 7pm then went straight to group, I didn't get home until after 9pm and it was too late to cook a big meal. That also meant I didn't prepare anything for lunch the next day, so today I've grazed on fruit and yoghurt during my breaks at work, but luckily it was a busy day so I didn't really notice how hungry I was.

I've been to Asda after work and bought a salad spinner to keep my salad fresher for longer, and I also picked up some fresh chicken breasts as the ones I had at home were frozen. I think I'm going to try pizza-topped chicken breast with salad and maybe some baby potatoes as well. There'll be enough left over for lunch tomorrow.

The moral of the story is always be prepared. Today was rubbish because I was starving all day, but I still managed to snack on free foods, so that's a positive, but it would have been better if I'd planned in advance and prepared lunch the night before.

Well done that's a good loss. We all want big losses and to be at target like yesterday.

I remember my first time I lost 1lb I wasn't happy at all, but gave myself a talking to and decided to be happy with what ever I lost.

Plus the pounds coming off soon add up to stones :).

Keep up the good work :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Well done again :)

4 lbs is AWESOME! Congratulations!
Of course we always want more, but it's great! I am at a point that the maximum I can lose per week is 2.2 lbs :/

Back