Emma's Slim Fast Diary!

*Emma

Silver Member
Hi everyone, I'm Emma and I'm 22 years old :) I'm a student, but I'll be graduating this summer. I'll have to find one of those full-time job things, whatever they are ;) hehe. I've been gradually gaining weight since I started secondary school at 11, but it got worse after I left school. I left school at 13st 7lbs, and now I'm 17st 10lbs six years later. I partly put the weight gain down to my contraceptive implant, as I don't actually over-eat. I do make wrong choices, but I don't think I eat too much. Obviously I can't blame the implant altogether, but I think it played a part in it.

I've tried Xenical, but I've decided to give Slim Fast a go. I struggle with motivation, and I tend to give up easily if I don't see good losses early on in the diet. I'm hoping to do Slim Fast for a month to start with, to see how I get on, and then decide then if I want to continue or not. I know I can't do it forever, but if I can get a kick start with the weight loss, it'll spur me on to keep going.

So I'm on day 5 now. I usually make up a strawberry shake from the powder and skimmed milk for breakfast, and have a ready-to-drink shake for lunch. I'm having the Slim Fast snacks in between. I've tried Tesco's Ultra Slim ready-made shakes too, and I quite like them, so I'm planning to mix it up a bit and have Slim Fast some days and Ultra Slim other days, as the Ultra Slim is a lot cheaper!

I usually have my proper meal in the evening. I had a bowl of pasta with a tomato sauce and a tiny bit of cheese two nights ago and I worked that out at 580 calories using MyFitnessPal. Last night I made a pan of korma using Quorn chicken style pieces, Tesco korma sauce, and brown rice. I split it into three batches, and worked it out at 650 calories per portion. I had that for my evening meal today too. My boyfriend had the other bowl.

I'm doing quite well so far. I'm finding it surprisingly easy to stick to the plan. I never thought I'd be able to stick to 1200 calories, but I'm doing it. I started at 148lbs, and my first weigh in is on Monday. I don't know what I'm expecting, but any loss will be great.

I'm doing a lot of walking too, and I'm using the Wii EA Sports Active More Workouts, so I kinda want at least 2-3lbs lost this week.

I'm hoping to update regularly here and get to know everybody, as I really need the support and advice from others to keep me going. So thanks for reading this, if you've got this far! :)

So today is the last day of my first week. I'll be weighing in tomorrow morning officially, but I sneakily weighed in this morning and it showed a 2lb loss so far. I was hoping for more, but it's TOTM so I'm hoping next week will be a higher loss.

Today I was at an Easter party at my voluntary job, so of course, there was a buffet. I only had a small plate, but I'm still worried I've gone over the 600 calories. I really don't want to get on the scales tomorrow morning and see less than the 2lbs I'd lost this morning.

I'll update tomorrow and let you all know how it goes :)

The ready-made ones are 88p each, or 3 for £2, so they're quite a bit cheaper than Slim Fast, plus they come in little terta-pack cartons like Ribena with a straw so they're handy for when you're out and about. I'd definitely recommend them :)

They sound better than slim fast!! I got 4 tins of it on offer the power so I will be using that up first!! Keep us updated on how you get on x

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Thanks Rach! So I've lost 2lbs this week. I don't really know if I'm over the moon with this, as I honestly was expecting a couple more. I've been so strict and the only slip up I've had was the buffet food yesterday, but I only had a small plate, so I think I got away with it. I also had a creme egg last night, but they're tiny so I thought it'd be ok. My TOTM only finished yesterday though, so that could be a reason as to why I haven't lost more. But 2lbs is 2lbs, and I have to be pleased, as it's not a gain. So, first week done, 2lbs lost, roll on week two! :)

Thanks very much Rach! I'm still on track (apart from half an Easter egg at lunch time, oops!), so hopefully next week will be a bigger loss :)

I'm not really sure if today has been a good day or not... I gave my boyfriend the Mini Eggs Easter egg and the Lindt gold bunny last night to make sure I wouldn't eat them, but after only losing 2lbs this morning, I felt like today would be the best day to be naughty so I had the rest of the week to work it off. So I had half an Easter egg after lunch, and there's half a bag of Mini Eggs sitting on the table staring at me, and I don't know if I can resist those either!

I've had the two shakes as usual, and made a chicken lasagne for lunch, which worked out at 618 calories (not bad considering I didn't think I'd be able to have it anymore!).

I also did the 2nd workout on the EA Sports Active More Workouts on the Wii, which was around 20 mins and burned 125 calories (low intensity to ease me in!). I felt guilty about the Easter egg so I did 30 mins of the Aerobic Step on the More Workouts too, which burned 332 calories.

I much prefer the Aerobic Step on the EA Sports Active More Workouts to the Wii Fit Plus. It breaks up the 30 minutes into three 10 minute segments, and you can take a break for as long as you like before moving on to the next segment, and the steps are just more interesting. Plus the music is better. Considering I only paid about £6 for the More Workouts game (I already had the EA Sports Active, cost around £25 new) it's an absolute bargain, and I love it! I barely use the Wii Fit Plus now, as I can do most things on this other game, and I prefer it. I'm actually enjoying the exercise too, which is great considering the last time I enjoyed exercise was when I went to the gym four years ago!

All set for Week 2, Day 2 tomorrow. Onwards and downwards! :D

The only thing I will say is that you need to have the original EA Sports Active as well as the More Workouts, cos you get a leg strap and resistance band with the original game and they don't come with the More Workouts game. I think you may be able to buy them separately though so you might not have to buy the original one if you get the leg strap and resistance band separately. I'd definitely recommend it :)

Click here for the game on Amazon if you want to check it out: EA Sports Active: More Workouts (Wii): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games :)

Week 2, Day 2 today :) Not much to say at this point cos I've not long been up! Lazy students, eh? I'm drinking my strawberry shake as I write this, feeling very positive about food today :) I'll be making chicken lasagne again today as I have half of the jars of sauce left over from yesterday that needs using up.

I'm going to the hospital at 5.45pm today. Funny time, I know, I didn't think hospital appointments could be that late! I'm having a colposcopy done. It's a cervical examination, after having a couple of abnormal smears. They put a camera up 'there' to have a look for abnormal cells. My doctor said it's pretty likely that I'll need some kind of treatment to get rid of them, but I'll wait and see what the doctor at the hospital says. I'm pretty concerned about it, but I've heard it could be due to my age, and that's why the age to have your first smear is 25 in England. If you're under 25, I don't think you're developed properly or whatever, and it's more likely to have an abnormal result. So I'm hoping it'll be nothing to worry about. But I'll let you know later how I get on.

So I've got food sorted for today, I'm going to try and fit in a workout session before I go to the hospital, because I don't think I'll be able to do it afterwards, could be a bit sore!

I've got a hell of a lot of uni work to do before Friday too. I've got about 8,000 words to write for my final year project. We have to conduct a psychological experiment and write up a report about it in a very scientific manner, like the proper psychologists do. It's supposed to be between 8,000 and 12,000 words, but it's not a strict limit. I'm aiming for around 10,000 though to be in the middle. I've done all the hard work already, like conducting the experiment (that took forever!) and analysing the results, so it's just the write up now. I wish I'd done the write up as I went along though, as it's all piling up on me and I only have 2 weeks till the deadline! I need a first draft done by Friday though, so my supervisor can give me some feedback, so that's only 4 days left! Eek. Better get cracking!

Hope everyone is having a good week :)

Hospital went fine, feeling a little bit crampy now as they took a biopsy of my cervix, but I'm ok :) Should find out the results in around 4 weeks. As for the uni work, I'm still yet to make a start on it, but I'll get ir sorted tomorrow.

I've been a little bit naughty tonight. I was feeling a bit sore after the hospital, and my friend who came with me to the hospital decided she wanted fish and chips, so I ended up getting a chicken burger and chips for tea =/ I know it was a bad decision, but it was just cos I'd been nervous about the hospital, and I was sore and wanted a little pick-me-up afterwards. But I'll be back on track for tomorrow!

The chicken lasagne is pretty simple really, just use chicken instead of mince. I cook the chicken in a frying pan, then mix it in a bowl with the white sauce and a tin of sweetcorn. Put a layer of lasagne sheets in the bottom of a dish, add half the chicken and white sauce, then add another layer of lasagne sheets. Add half the tomato sauce to the lasagne sheets then add the rest of the chicken and white sauce on top. Add another layer of the rest of the red sauce, sprinkle on some cheese, and put it in the oven for 40-45 minutes. Simple :)

Don't beat yourself up, you deserve a little treat after that! Back on the wagon tomorrow and it will be fine!!

Going to test out that lasagne next week, thanks!

Yeah, you're right. I'm not disheartened or upset about it at all. I've accepted that I wanted a treat, so I've had it, and I'm straight back on track. Looking forward to my shake for breakfast :)

Let me know how the lasagne goes! I love it :)

Back