Emma's slim Fast Journey

Ok, going to use this site as my little diary so I can keep on track and (hopefully) motivated in my battle with the bulge!
I have to be honest and say I've always thought slim Fast to be too extreme for anyone to adopt as a diet/way of life...well desperate times call for desperate measures! I'm mum to a 4 1/2yr boy and a girl who will be 1 next week - and I can no longer use them as an excuse for me being the heaviest I have ever been. Since having my daughter I have been a member of both WW and SW and both have lead me to lose about a stone but recently my weight has not been going down at all.

Anyway...I'm on day 1 of SF and I'M STARVING! Probably in my head but I could eat my arm right now. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. I go on holiday in just under 3 weeks, can anyone tell me how much they lost in the first couple of weeks?

Hope everyone is doing well on their own journey, and I will post next week after I weigh myself again! xx

Added my weight on to signature - just wanted to see if it comes up. VERY EMBARASSING!!

I've lost 3/4lbs in my first week. It does take time and you have to be consistent and follow the diet every day for it to work, as with any diet.

Think of it as a long term thing :)

As for the hunger, all I can suggest is look for healthy, low cal snacks to keep around the house you can munch on when you feel the need to :) e.g. fruit, crackers, marshmallows etc

Although I am not doing a total SF plan as I have to follow a hybrid because of meds and medical problems, I still lost 4lbs my first week and 1.4lbs my second. I am now on my third week - official home weigh in is tomorrow but I had a sneaky peek and it looks like about 1.5lbs this week.

After several weeks of STS or even gaining on SW, I am just delighted that the scales are finally heading in the right direction!

In terms of feeling hungry - that will soon wear off..... Remember you are used to eating "superfree" (which isn't calorie free!) as and when you liked. I actually added up some of my SW diaries and TBH it's no small wonder I wasn't losing anything - I was scoffing fruit between meals from morning til night - sometimes amounting to several hundred calories in bananas and other high calorie fruits..... and I won't even talk about the Muller lights!

Try and chose carefully what you snack on (ie: as filling as you can find) and space them out over the course of the day. Lots of fluids too!

You can and will do this lovely, it just takes a bit of adjusting to. Good luck :)

right then, typical monday morning 'i'm starting a diet' - 2 weeks till my hols so my hubby and I are doing Sf together! Feeling much more positive than last weeks attempt! Even wasn't bothered by my colleague bringing a 3 slice breakfast sandwich into our office! Need to get my 8lbs target for holiday though I think that's a bit ambitious!

Good luck!!

I had a VERY naughty weekend away - drank too much Disaronno and ate too much rubbish with hardly a shake in sight. Back to the grindstone this morning though and quite looking forward to it (never thought I'd hear myself saying that!). I gained 3.8lbs in 4 days (whoops!), but I am hoping some is bloat and I will have a smaller gain by weigh in on Friday. However, if not, I will be totally happy to accept it as I had a fabulous time away and had what I wanted!

Good luck over the next 2 weeks my lovely - we CAN do this!!

Thanks Annya! Day 2 and I'm feeling very positive today - I actually feel slimmer which I know I'm not yet but gave it 100% yesterday, and so far today I'm right on track.
I've discovered Asda's version - Measure Up shakes. They're only 88p and I think they taste so much nicer than SF shakes, am teaming them with SF snacks.

Back