Emma's Veggie Food Diary

Well, today was my first day after hitting target and I have not followed the plan at all!!! Probably helped by feeling a touch better, I have consumed....

Breakfast: 2 slices Hovis with marmite (HExB). 2 Satsumas. Good start..BUT...Pub lunch with friends led to...
Lunch: Mushroom Omelette (OK but was obviously cooked in oil but at least I did not go for cheese in there too!), chips, side salad but with dressing :eek:.
Dinner: 4 cream crackers with butter :eek: and full fat cheese :eek::eek:. 2 large glasses of white wine :eek::eek:.

Written down it does not sound as bad as I thought, but obviously hardly any free or superfree. Dread to think of the Syns and I feel bloated again for the first time in weeks :(

Going to put it to one side and be 100% on plan tomorrow!

Back on track

So, after a 5-month break and a whopping 1 stone gain :eek:, I have finally got back to SW today. I have been shopping and feel very energised...so here we go again lol! I am going to start off with minimal Syns just get going.
Breakfast: 2 slices of Hovis (HExB) with marmite, 1 apple, 1 Activia FF Yoghurt.
Lunch: Baked potato with 45g Feta Cheese (HExA), salad of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, orange pepper, pea/lentil/bean shoots. Soy sauce for dressing.
Dinner: Will be having Homemade Lentil and Veg Soup (2 Syns for oil), Soya Mince Spaghetti Bolognese with pasta.

Hey, welcome back :) That gain could be a lot worse, you certainly hear of a lot worse!

Be careful restricting your syns though - personally I don't do as well if I tell myself limited syns but see how you go anyway! Keep checking in and we'll keep reading xxx

Thanks girls...I must say I feel great to be starting again. You are right about the Syns Missy, but I am only going minimal for one week to kick start things. After that I will aim for 10-15 a day. Breakfast: 2 slices of Hovis (HExB) with baked beans and an egg. Plum and Satsuma.
Lunch: Butter bean and lentil casserole with couscous (2 syns for oil). Casserole had carrots, onions, swede and passata in it. Apple.
Dinner: Innocent Indian Dahl Veg Pot (3.5 Syns). Activia FF Yoghurt. Used HExA for milk in tea.

For some reason I cannot go down another line? Odd. Am having to cut and paste old posts.

Day 3 diary:

Breakfast - 1 scrambled egg and baked beans on 2 slices of Hovis (HExB), Banana.
Lunch - 4 slices Quorn ham, 45g Mozarella (HExA), Lettuce, Carrot, Cucumber, Tomato, Beetroot Salad with some pea/lentil/bean shoots sprinkled on. Soy sauce dressing. Apple.
Dinner - Green lentil and Butter bean Casserole incl carrot, swede and onion served with Quinoa. Activia FF Yoghurt and Satsuma.
Snacks - Pkt of Quavers (5.5 Syns)

As I am logging on so late, I am going to post for 2 days as I have already eaten tonight!

Day 4 diary:
Breakfast - 2 Quorn Sausages (2 Syns)and scrambled egg. Ketchup (1 Syn). Banana.
Lunch - Baked potato with Baked Beans from SpudULike after swimming.
Dinner - Quorn with Stir Fry Veg and egg noodles, including Sesame Seeds (HeXB). Used fresh ginger and Chinese 5 spice for flavour. Satsuma. half a glass of Peroni (3 Syns)
Snacks - Activia FF Yoghurt with frozen berries and frozen grapes. 45g Mozarella (HExA)

Day 5:
Breakfast: 2 Linda McCartneys Italian Sausages (1 Syn) with baked beans. Grapes.
Lunch: Sandwich (HExB) with Mozarella cheese (HExA). Banana. Satsuma. Activia FF Yoghurt.
Dinner: Innocent Thai Sweet Chilli Veg Pot (2 SYns). 2 small glasses wine (12 Syns)
Snack: Lettuce, Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumber, Sweetcorn and FF Cottage Cheese. Soy Sauce for dressing.

I am loving my cooked brekkies again! :)

It's odd today, I think I feel hungry, but then I am not sure if I am. Does that make sense? Well, I'll just have a cup of tea and see if that takes it away.

Day 6:
Breakfast: 2 Linda McCartneys Italian Sausages (1 Syn) with baked beans. Grapes.
Lunch: Sandwich (HExB) with Mozarella cheese (HExA1) and marmite - marmite soaks in during the course of the morning so by the time I eat it, it is moist so a bit like having butter! Banana. Apple. Activia FF Cherry Yoghurt.
Dinner: Started with salad of lettuce, tomato, carrot and capers with salad cream (1 Syn). Then Chickpea and Lentil Dahl with Rice. I know they don't go together really but I needed to bolster with some superfree and this is all I had!!
Milk for tea (HExA2)
Snacks: Cocoa Pops Snack Bar (4 Syns)

Well, it's first WI tomorrow so fingers crossed for a loss. I definitely feel less bloated and not so snug in my jeans lol!! I am really enjoyed getting back on plan this week and again wonder why I don't stick with it when I get to target. It's stupid really because the food is better, I feel better etc etc. I am going to try much harder to go to meetings once I am back at target. That's the key for me really. Once I stop going, I put weight on again!

Anyway, day 7:

Breakfast: 2 Linda McCartney's Italian Sausages (1 Syn) with scrambled egg. Grapes.
Lunch: Sandwich (HExB) with Quorn Ham and reduced fat cheddar (HExA1) and ketchup (1 Syn). Raw carrot. Cucumber. Apple. Activia FF Cherry Yoghurt.
Dinner: Mixed Bean Casserole (included passata, carrots and onions) with mashed potato.
Milk for tea (HExA2)
Snacks: probably something treat-wise with a cuppa later on..not sure yet....still feel full from dinner!!

Lots of luck for tomorrow's weigh in :D

Your food looks lovely. Except the Marmite!!! :jelous: Lol!

I wonder why I stray of track and have binge days and stuff. I feel so much better eating the SW way, with tons (literally!) of healthy, yummy food. But the junk gets me occasionally. I guess it's finding a balance at target isn't it? But, you're doing great so far.xx

Lots of luck for tomorrow's weigh in :D

Your food looks lovely. Except the Marmite!!! :jelous: Lol!

I wonder why I stray of track and have binge days and stuff. I feel so much better eating the SW way, with tons (literally!) of healthy, yummy food. But the junk gets me occasionally. I guess it's finding a balance at target isn't it? But, you're doing great so far.xx

Aww thank you. How can you not like Marmite lol!!!!

Yes, you are right about finding the balance. I maybe thought this time I will eat SW all week and then be naughty at weekends. My version of the 2 Day Diet lol!

I hope you are ok?

Really pleased to lose 3lbs at WI today!!!

Day 8:

Breakfast: Apple. Satsuma. Activia FF Yoghurt.
Lunch: 2 slices Hovis (HExB) with mozzarella (HExA1), tomato and herbs, then toasted under the grill - yummy! Huge salad of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, carrot, red pepper, beetroot and pickled onion salad with extra light salad cream (1 Syn).
Dinner: 2 oven-baked field mushrooms filled with FF cottage cheese and mixed herbs. 2 Linda McCartney Red Onion Sausages. Activia FF yoghurt with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cherries, redcurrants (the last three are from frozen).

Oops forgot to admit to 2 glasses of wine to celebrate my loss lol....12 Syns!

Back