Emma's Veggie Food Diary

emma.and.the.veg

Vegan on Slimming World
Hello! This is my first post on this Forum, so looking forward to getting to know everyone. Well, I am back to Club after putting on a stone since the start of the summer :( oops!! I lost 2 stone last year and am hoping to get back to Target by January. Week 1 was last week and I lost 4.5 lbs :):):):):):). To help me stay on track, I thought I would start a food diary here and maybe get some support and ideas from other veggies!

OK, so here was yesterdays diary:

Breakfast - 2 poached eggs on 2 slices of Hovis (HExB) with Ketchup (1 Syn), Banana nd Grapes
Lunch - 1/2 pkt Ainsley Spice Sensations Couscous (1 Syn), 40g Half Fat Cheddar (HExA), 2 slices Quorn Ham, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cucumber
Pear Yoghurt (2 Syns), Apple
Dinner - Jacket Potato with Mixed Bean and Vegetable Casserole
Snacks - Pkt of Quavers (5.5 Syns)
Drinks - Diet Coke, Black Coffee and Water

Felt full all day :).

Hey, well done on the 4.5 loss!! :) And good luck for the rest of your journey.

I'm not veggie but I don't really eat much meat, I much prefer green days on slimming world to red or EE. The myth of "you lose more on red" worries me tho, but your loss proves that's not true! ;-)

Hello! This is my first post on this Forum, so looking forward to getting to know everyone. Well, I am back to Club after putting on a stone since the start of the summer :( oops!! I lost 2 stone last year and am hoping to get back to Target by January. Week 1 was last week and I lost 4.5 lbs :):):):):):). To help me stay on track, I thought I would start a food diary here and maybe get some support and ideas from other veggies!

OK, so here was yesterdays diary:

Breakfast - 2 poached eggs on 2 slices of Hovis (HExB) with Ketchup (1 Syn), Banana nd Grapes
Lunch - 1/2 pkt Ainsley Spice Sensations Couscous (1 Syn), 40g Half Fat Cheddar (HExA), 2 slices Quorn Ham, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cucumber
Pear Yoghurt (2 Syns), Apple
Dinner - Jacket Potato with Mixed Bean and Vegetable Casserole
Snacks - Pkt of Quavers (5.5 Syns)
Drinks - Diet Coke, Black Coffee and Water

Felt full all day :).

That all looks yum. I only do extra easy as I get so confused with red and green days,I really need to figure it out :)

Thanks for your replies! My first...how exciting :)

I only do Extra Easy and have always done well on it in the past. I am not sure Red works on a vegetarian diet and Green seems too much with an extra A and B choice.

Well, yesterday was a good day. I am feeling very angelic because my kids had friends for tea after school and they wanted Pizza. Normally I pinch a slice or two but managed to resist by eating some raspberries, and then they had Mini Magnums but I managed to stand back from them too!!! *Shines halo* Then Hubby came home late from work with Fish and Chips and offered me some of the chips (he is a lot of help LOL!!!) but I got some ironing out and ignored him!! How I wish I could be so good every day!!

Anyway, yesterday's food was:

Breakfast - Bowl of All Bran (HExB), Skimmed Milk (1/2 of HExA and used other 1/2 for cups of tea throughout the day), topped with a banana and some blueberries
Lunch - Plain Pasta, FF Cottage Cheese, Chickpeas, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cucumber
Raspberry Yoghurt (2 Syns)
Dinner - Stir Fry Mixed Vegetables with Noodles and Quorn Pieces (6 Syns for olive oil), added Soy Sauce and Thai Mixed Spices for flavour
Snacks - 1 apple, 1 satsuma, handful of raspberries
Drinks - Tea, Black Coffee and Water

Felt full all day and managed to steer clear of lots of temptations :D.

The Christmas tree is up! I best get started on the present shopping now :( I am very behind this year...not sure why but I cannot get motivated. I have to get going as it is my children's birthday (twins!) the week before xmas - eek!

Food-wise, another good day yesterday. I am trying to be really good so I can have a relaxed time over Christmas. I put on my jeans yesterday and they definitely felt looser and this morning I put on a fitted top and my tummy did not look as bloated as before! It all helps with the motivation.

Yesterday's food was:

Breakfast - 2 slices Hovis bread (HExB), ), baked beans, a poached egg. Banana.
Lunch - Ainsley Harriott Couscous (1 Syn), FF Cottage Cheese, 20g 1/2 fat Cheddar (1/2 of HExA) Quorn Ham, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pickled gherkins, black olives (2 Syns) soy sauce
Pineapple Yoghurt (2 Syns)
Dinner - Jacket Potato, Homemade Houmous, carrots, broccoli.
Snacks - 1 apple, 1 satsuma, blueberries
Drinks - Tea (using 175ml Skimmed Milk - 1/2 of HExA), Diet Coke, Camomile Tea and Water

Felt a little peckish at bedtime, I think because I only used 5 Syns.

Hi, nice to meet more veggies!

I do green days only and they really do work (I've lost 4 stone in 8 months) so might be worth trying it? You can use your extra HEXB for all sorts of things, not just carbs and it's easier to fit extra protein into your diet using nuts, seeds and cheese with green because you have that extra leeway. I don't think I could do EE now, too used to my green days ;) Red days can be done as a veggie too but they are not easy!

Well done on your loss so far - diary looks good. You don't have many syns - is that by choice or just because you are too full? x

Hello! Thanks for the advice. I have always done Extra Easy and it seems to work, but I might have another look at Green. Wow you have done so well. That is an amazing achievement. You must be so pleased with yourself.

I know that the Syns are low...I tend to stay between 5-10 otherwise I don't seem to lose much :mad:... I don't let myself go hungry though.

Good luck with your fertility treatment, I went through all that so I know how hard it is. BUT I have two lovely twins to show for it..so worth every bit of heartache in the end. x

Hello! Thanks for the advice. I have always done Extra Easy and it seems to work, but I might have another look at Green. Wow you have done so well. That is an amazing achievement. You must be so pleased with yourself.

I know that the Syns are low...I tend to stay between 5-10 otherwise I don't seem to lose much :mad:... I don't let myself go hungry though.

Good luck with your fertility treatment, I went through all that so I know how hard it is. BUT I have two lovely twins to show for it..so worth every bit of heartache in the end. x

Thank you xxx I'm hoping I won't need it in the end and that just losing weight will be enough! Need to lose another 4.5 stone before I can be treated but getting all the investigations done in the meantime. Hoping to be at target by September next year!

Green is very versatile and it's so much easier with the extra b choices to get your protein, otherwise it's easy to end up relying on quorn, I'm trying to eat less of it at the moment and I plan to experiment with using nuts and hummus as one of my HEXBs in the coming week.

Try varying your syn levels too! I know some people on here who swear they lose better when they eat all their syns. I vary between all 15 to 6 (lowest) but I usually have around 12 as an average :)

Thank you for your help. I am definitely going to look at green days. I read yesterday that Quinoa is a great source of protein - have you ever tried it?

Thank you for your help. I am definitely going to look at green days. I read yesterday that Quinoa is a great source of protein - have you ever tried it?

No but I think I will soon! Nearly bought some in Sainsburys today! Been experimenting with pearl barley which is fab and low GI as well :)

Hmm, I looked at Pearl Barley too but did not really know what to do with it apart from put it in soup! I am definitely going to get Quinoa though, the article I read said it was a "source of complete protein, fibre, phosphurus, magnesium and iron, and it contains calcium." Well, yesterday was an odd day where I just used up stuff which needed to be eaten!

Breakfast - Fat free Fromage Frais with Banana, blueberries and satsuma.
Lunch - Lentil Dahl Soup (made from leftover Ainsley Harriott Lentil Dahl and Mushrooms and Onion in Frylight, then blended into soup consistency.
- Quorn Sausage Sandwich (1 HExB) with Ketchup (total 3.5 Syns)
Dinner - Jacket Potato with 20g half fat cheese (1/2 of HExA), Stir Fry Mixed Vegetables with Chickpeas and Sweetcorn
Snacks - 1 apple, 1 satsuma, pkt of Hula Hoops (7 Syns)
Drinks - Tea (using 175ml Skimmed Milk - 1/2 of HExA), Diet Coke, and Water

I felt really full at the end of the day :D

Monday.... I decided to work out how much protein I was having as this is often a concern for veggies. Well, based on the food below, I had 63g of protein on Monday. The recommended amount is 46g! So no problem at all!!

Breakfast - Fat free Fromage Frais with Melon, Grapes and Banana. Baked beans, poached egg.

Lunch - Sandwich using 2 slices Hovis (HExB), 20g half fat cheddar (1/2 of HExA) tomato and cucumber, salad cream (1.5 Syns)

Dinner - Veggie Spag Bol made with Soya Mince, Onions, Passata and Mushrooms, served with pasta. Activia Fat free Yoghurt. Satsuma.

Snacks - 1 apple, pkt of Quavers (5.5 Syns)

Drinks - Tea (using 175ml Skimmed Milk - 1/2 of HExA), Black Coffee, and Water.

Tuesday...

Breakfast - 2 Quorn Sausages (2 Syns), poached egg, grilled mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, 15g Brown Sauce (1 Syn).

Lunch - Sandwich using 2 slices Hovis (HExB), 20g half fat cheddar (1/2 of HExA), marmite, lettuce, cucumber, salad cream (1.5 Syns). Activia FF Yoghurt. Banana, Satsuma.

Dinner - Mixed Bean and Green Lentil Casserole which included leeks, carrots and onions (1 Syn for cornflour to thicken). Served with mashed potato. FF Fromage Frais with
frozen raspberries.

Snacks - none!

Drinks - Tea (using 175ml Skimmed Milk - 1/2 of HExA), Diet Coke, Camomile Tea and Water.

Tuesday...

Breakfast - 2 Quorn Sausages (2 Syns), poached egg, grilled mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, 15g Brown Sauce (1 Syn).

Lunch - Sandwich using 2 slices Hovis (HExB), 20g half fat cheddar (1/2 of HExA), marmite, lettuce, cucumber, salad cream (1.5 Syns). Activia FF Yoghurt. Banana, Satsuma.

Dinner - Mixed Bean and Green Lentil Casserole which included leeks, carrots and onions (1 Syn for cornflour to thicken). Served with mashed potato. FF Fromage Frais with
frozen raspberries.

Snacks - none!

Drinks - Tea (using 175ml Skimmed Milk - 1/2 of HExA), Diet Coke, Camomile Tea and Water.

Your dins sounds lovely! Having a right love affair with lentils lately, they're so much fun to cook with! x

Your dins sounds lovely! Having a right love affair with lentils lately, they're so much fun to cook with! x

I agree, lentils are fab and very filling! With this casserole, I used tinned green lentils, so super easy too :)
Have you made anything nice with your Pearl Barley :)

I agree, lentils are fab and very filling! With this casserole, I used tinned green lentils, so super easy too :)
Have you made anything nice with your Pearl Barley :)

I've put it in a stew so far with root veg and veggie sausage and made garlic, leek and mushroom orzotto (pearl barley risotto) with it. There's a thread on the recipe forum about the orzotto! It was lovely :D

I've put it in a stew so far with root veg and veggie sausage and made garlic, leek and mushroom orzotto (pearl barley risotto) with it. There's a thread on the recipe forum about the orzotto! It was lovely :D
They both sound yummy! I am going to Sainsbury's tonight so will get either Quinoa or Pearl Barley, whichever I see first !!!

Yey, WI this morning and I lost another 4lbs (that was for the last 2 weeks). That is over half a stone in 3 weeks and I am now over half way back to target :happy036:

So, here is Wednesday's food:

Breakfast - 2 Linda McCartney Sausages (4 Syns), 1 egg omelette, Banana and Grapes
Lunch - 2 slices Hovis (HExB), 20g Half Fat Cheddar (1/2 HExA), Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Marmite. A raw carrot to munch on! 1 Activia FF Yoghurt
Dinner - Lentil Dahl Soup including mushrooms and onions. Baked Potato. FF Cottage Cheese. An apple.
Snacks - Mixed seeds (9)
Drinks - Tea (1/2 HExA), Diet Coke, Water

well done!!!! i lost 3 this week but decided im guna try and do some green days... dont know how ya allowed so much cheese tho its madness need to buy nuts and things :D
im living off linda mccartney at the moment food is amazing
because im doing green i might have 10 syns at the most seeing as tho im having more healthy extras
have u tried the reduced fat red Leicester?? i love it :) xx

Back