Emma's Veggie Food Diary

For some reason, I felt a bit icky this morning so did not eat breakfast until 11am which has put my day out a bit. I feel ok now so not sure what it was.

Day 9:

Breakfast: "Magic Porridge" made with 35g Porridge Oats (HExB) and Activia FF yoghurt. Blueberries. 2 Quorn Sausages (2 Syns)
Lunch: Huge salad of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, carrot, red pepper with half a pack of Ainsley Harriot Mediterranean Couscous (1 Syn), half tin of Napolina Five Bean salad. Soy sauce dressing.
Dinner: Lentil and Butterbean Casserole (included carrot, onion, swede and tinned toms). Baked potato with reduced fat cheddar (HExA).
Snack: Satsuma. Biscuits (6 Syns)

Glad you're feeling better :) Not nice when a mystery illness strikes!

I treated myself to a biscuit this evening too. The new double chocolate Breakaway. They're nice, but SO small!! x

Glad you're feeling better :) Not nice when a mystery illness strikes!

I treated myself to a biscuit this evening too. The new double chocolate Breakaway. They're nice, but SO small!! x

Thank you. I feel fine now so not sure what it was! I rarely eat biscuits so that was a real treat lol!! Ooh how many Syns in the double choc breakaway???

Day 10:

Breakfast: FF Natural Yoghurt with a banana, a kiwi fruit and blueberries.
Lunch: Baked potato with baked beans, with salad of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, carrot and red onion.
Dinner: Soya Mince Spaghetti Bolognese (soya mince, passata, onion, mushroom) served with penne pasta and reduced fat cheddar (HExA).
Snack: Quavers (5.5 Syns), 2 slices hovis (HExB) with marmite.

Today was a nice family day. We met up with hubby's brother and his family, plus mother-in-law and her partner. We went to Frankie and Benny's for lunch. I chose a green salad to start (so got loads of comments from everyone..like "why don't you have some dressing"...er, I would have asked for it if I wanted it...to "oh have some dough balls. Go on, it won't hurt"..again, I wouldn't have ordered a salad if I had wanted dough balls!!!). Anyway, I did not take any notice of them. I had Penne Arrabiata for main and no pudding. I still felt full, just not stuffed and bloated lol!! We went back to MILs and they all tucked into cake with their tea, but I don't eat cake so that was easy to avoid! We had a lovely time and the kids all played in the garden which was nice given the recent rubbish weather!

Day 11:

Breakfast: 2 Linda McC Red Onion and Rosemary Sausages. One Egg Omelette with Tarragon. Banana.
Lunch: Salad of lettuce, red cabbage, cucumber, and red onion. Penne Arrabiata - not sure how many Syns to be honest - allowed HExB1 and 2 for oil. There were 6 green olives in it and obviously the pasta would be fresh not dried. I am just assuming it would take all my Syns to be honest.
Tea: did not feel hungry so just had a big bowl of blueberries, red and green grapes, apple covered with FF Natural Yoghurt.
HExA - milk for tea.

5 syns for the double chocolate Breakaway :) They're one of the 99cal ones! They are small tho! But nice.

I think it'd be worth having a google for the pasta meal. Might not be as bad as you think :) Well done for resisting all the pestering and stuff.

But, you don't eat cake? Excuse me?! :eek: Lol!x

5 syns for the double chocolate Breakaway :) They're one of the 99cal ones! They are small tho! But nice.

I think it'd be worth having a google for the pasta meal. Might not be as bad as you think :) Well done for resisting all the pestering and stuff.

But, you don't eat cake? Excuse me?! :eek: Lol!x

I know, I am weird! Marmite, no cake, whatever next!!! It's funny because I don't dislike cake at all, but I never fancy eating it for some reason. I can't really explain it. There are so many other things I should avoid LOL! I have looked for the Syns but there is no definitive answer. Anyway, I've eaten it and am onto a new day so hey ho!!

Thanks for the info on the Breakaway. Good for a sweet fix!

Work today so packed lunch for me.

Day 12:

Breakfast: "Magic Porridge" (HExB1) made with FF Natural Yoghurt. Blueberries. 2 Linda McC Red Onion and Rosemary Sausages.
Lunch: Cheese, tomato and cucumber sandwich (HExA and HExB2). Banana.
Tea: Lentil and Butter Bean casserole made with passata, carrot, swede, onion. Served with Ainsley Harriott Med Medley Couscous (1 Syn)
Snacks: Apple. Quavers (5.5 Syns). Natural FF Yoghurt with strawberries and grapes, sweetener.

Last edited:
I like the sound of the butterbean casserole!

Thanks Deathworm! It's not from a recipe, just one I made up, but it was yummy! I used:

1 400g tin of Green Lentils
1 400g tin of Butterbeans
Packet of pre-chopped casserole veg (carrot, oinion, swede)
1 carton of passata
Vegetable stock
Mixed herbs and tarragon.
Salt and pepper.

Just softened the onion and vegetables in frylight and water. Added the passata, herbs, salt pepper and lentils. Simmered until veg was soft enough. Added butterbeans and cooked for a few more minutes.

Zero Syns. It was enough for 4 or 5 portions and it froze well.

Work again today so packed lunch day! I am not having any Syns today because I am going out for dinner tomorrow night at Cafe Rouge. Options for vegetarians are limited and I cannot find any Syn values online :( I have decided to go for the Aubergine Gratin which comes with a salad which includes seeds and dressing. I am going to use my Healthy Extras for the cheese, oil and seeds and then assume there will be SYns for extra cheese, salad dressing etc. I don't want to take stuff off as it is a yummy dish! I might (might) treat myself to a glass of wine as well. Just hope it all doesn't affect weigh in on thursday morning! Hey ho...you've got to live too ;)

Day 13:

Breakfast: "Magic Porridge" (HExB1) made with Activia FF Blueberry Yoghurt (best flavour so far!). Strawberries.
Lunch: Cheese and Quorn Ham sandwich (HExA and HExB2). Banana. Apple.
Tea: Soya Mince Spaghetti Bolognese with passata, onion, mushroom. Served with plain pasta. Galia Melon with Activa FF Yoghurt.
Snacks: None.

Last edited:
Hey!
I agree, sometimes you just gotta live :D I tend to not pick healthily when eating out, because it doesn't happen very often and is quite a treat. I usually save syns before hand though, like you.
Cafe Rouge isn't the most veggie friendly place is it? Lol. Hope you enjoy it though.x

Hey!
I agree, sometimes you just gotta live :D I tend to not pick healthily when eating out, because it doesn't happen very often and is quite a treat. I usually save syns before hand though, like you.
Cafe Rouge isn't the most veggie friendly place is it? Lol. Hope you enjoy it though.x

You're right, it is not veggie friendly there, but in the end, Café Rouge was closed for refurbishment!!! Even more annoying because I had a £20 Tesco Clubcard reward to spend :mad:. We ended up going to ASK! And yes, I had the wine!!!

Why do I always pick the night before WI to go out?! I think I will be ok though. Fingers crossed!

Day 14:

Breakfast: Kiwi, Strawberries and grapes with Activia FF Yoghurt.
Lunch: Pasta with cottage cheese, tomatoes, red pepper and cucumber. Banana. Apple.
Tea: I ate out at ASK! I had Spaghetti Pomodoro. I think I will be within limits with it...their pasta is from dry not fresh (surprisingly), the small amount of mozzarella on top I counted as HExA and I asked for it without the extra drizzle of olive oil. So all free except the oil the sauce was cooked in which I guess can take both HExB's and maybe some Syns on top - no idea how many (?? Syns). Small glass of dry white wine (6 Syns).

WI today and I lost 2 and half pounds! Yey!!!

Day 15:

Breakfast: 2 slices Hovis (HExB1) with Marmite. Activia FF Yoghurt. Banana.
Lunch: Jacket potato with baked beans. Side salad of lettuce, tomato, red onion, cucumber, radish. Chilli Vinegar for dressing.
Dinner: Vegetarian Ravioli in tomato sauce (2 Syns). Activia FF Yoghurt. Apple. 2 glasses wine (12 Syns).

Last edited:
YAY for such a good loss :D Made up for you!!

I'm glad you have salad with your beans. I got weird looks and a 'telling off' for having salad with my beans the other night LOL! I think it goes really well.
Tinned spaghetti doesn't though :p

YAY for such a good loss :D Made up for you!!

I'm glad you have salad with your beans. I got weird looks and a 'telling off' for having salad with my beans the other night LOL! I think it goes really well.
Tinned spaghetti doesn't though :p

Thank you. Salad and beans are brilliant together!

Back