Emma's Xenical Diary

Dont' worry too much, that's what students do. Leave work until the bitter end. I always worked better with a very tight deadline.

Just remember you want to be slimmer for your graduation photos. You can buckle down and catch up on work but your diet needs constant care.

BTW don't slack on your school work or you could end up like me in a dead end job that you hate. Get the results you need and live a good happy life xxx

A post of mixed messages eh? Sorry but I'd like you to be healthy and happy. *big hugs*

Back again, I seem to be turning into a bit of a yo-yo! I disappeared at the end of January, due to the stresses of uni and work, and life in general, but I'm back now. Thankfully my weight hasn't gone up since January, but it hasn't gone down either. I was diagnosed with PCOS last month, so now I'm quite concerned about my health, and I know I have to do something now rather than later. I'm 22, so I've been diagnosed young, which I'm pleased about, it gives me time to make changes before I'm ready to start a family.

I've been put on Metformin, which is supposed to help with weight loss. I've been on them almost a month now and I can't see any changes as of yet. I guess it takes a while to get in my system. The only down side of them is that my periods have returned after a four year absence. I wanted this to happen, to feel more 'normal' but now that it has, I wish it hadn't! Lol, can't win!

I started taking the Xenical again last month after I was diagnosed with the PCOS, but I mistakenly ate an Indian curry for tea after taking a pill with lunch, and two days later had horrendous side effects. The side effects lasted for around four days, so I stopped taking them to try and get it all out of my system so the side effects would calm down. I've been too scared to try them again, until now.

I'm not taking the pills just yet though, I'm working up to it. I'm aiming to start on Wednesday, which will be the 20th April. I'm back at the doctors on Thursday for my monthly weigh in, which won't be very good. I don't think I'll have lost anything, but hopefully next month will be better.

The support I receive on here is amazing, and it does wonders for my motivation. I really need to stick with it this time, it has to work for me. I need to make sure I come on here regularly, or I know I'll just give up again.

I'm looking forward to getting reacquainted with the old faces, and getting to know the new ones. Hopefully I'll be around for a while :)

Thanks Rach! No doubt I'll be needing support and motivation once I start taking the pills again, it's going to be a stressful few months for me! But I'm trying to stay positive, everything will sort itself out in time :)

hiya Emma :)

hope to hear all about your great weight losses every week once you get back onto the pills hun x

i am finding this forum such a help and hope you do too xx

Oh I have a ton of stresses to complain about here, and no doubt once I get back to Wales I'll be complaining a lot! Lol. I'm home for one more day, then getting the train back on Tuesday. So Wednesday is when the stresses begin. I have a 12,000 word report to write in three weeks, I have another essay to write, and I have four exams coming up. All in the next two months. But I'll be able to chill once it's all over on the 3rd June, that's the only thing getting me through it :)

My dad has decided to make it a little bit interesting. He's made a little bet with me. Whoever loses the most weight in the next 8 weeks (by the time I get back from uni) wins. The winner gets £100. Now, I have to win, cos I don't have £100 to give to him lol. I don't suppose he'd really make me pay, he's just trying to give me an incentive to lose weight. But it helps. I'm sure I'll win. My dad isn't that much overweight, he's only half a stone heavier than he used to be, so he hasn't got much to lose. But I'm going to give it my all :)

I'm studying for a degree in Psychology.. it is pretty hard work! Lol. Especially now I'm in my final year, it's all getting serious now lol. But it'll all be over in exactly 8 weeks time, and I'll have already moved back home for good. I just have a hell of a lot of work to do in the next 8 weeks. It's a scary thought, but I'll get through it :)

I've decided to try Slim Fast, to see if I can kind of kick start my weight loss. I lose motivation so quickly when I don't see results straight away, so I'm hoping by doing Slim Fast for a month or so, I might get a significant loss, which will spur me on a bit. Then I think I'll switch back to the Xenical, as I don't think the Xenical will work if I'm doing Slim Fast instead of eating three meals. Who knows though, if I do get good losses with Slim Fast, I might stick with it.

It's on offer in Sainsbury's at the minute, so the tub of powder to make your own milkshakes is half price at £2.98 per tub. I thought you can't go wrong there, so I'm going to give it a try. I've bought two tubs, which will make 24 shakes, and I also bought a 6 pack of ready-to-drink shakes, and three days worth of the snacks they do, just to get me started.

I'm planning on starting tomorrow, but with a 7-hour train journey to get through, I don't know if I'll be able to cope with no real food lol. But the intentions are there to start, so we'll see how it goes.

Thanks Rach, I am concerned about that, but I guess I'll deal with it when the time comes, if I do manage to lose weight with Slim Fast. I've been doing it for four days now, and I'm doing alright. I'm eating around 1200 calories a day, sometimes more if I've done some exercise too, but never more than 1500 calories. I do feel hungry late at night, but I'm managing to resist eating. The shakes taste quite nice too, they're just quite sugary lol.

I'm hoping to stick with Slim Fast for a month to start with. See how much I've lost after a month, then decide whether to continue with it or not. I'm trying not to make goals and dealines too far in advance, as I find it harder to stick to. I'm trying to create little mini-goals and thinking of little treats (not food!) to reward myself if I reach the goal. I find this easier to stick to and I feel like I'm achieving more if I accomplish small goals frequently compared to one big goal a year down the line.

I'll be weighing in on Monday. I'm not sure what I'm hoping for, but any loss is better than a gain. I'll keep you all updated :)

I'm exactly the same! I haven't figured out my small goals yet, but when I do they'll be going in my signature. I'm so excited to finally get my tracker moving towards my goal weight, I feel like a failure not being able to move it for so long! But I'm on track too, and can't wait to weigh in on Monday :)

I really hope you're right, Rach! I'll be gutted if I haven't lost anything. I feel like I've found something I can definitely stick with for longer than a few days, so I'll be really upset if it doesn't shift the pounds. I'm not expecting a massive loss, any loss will be great. I'll be happy with 2lbs, but I'd like a couple more.

hey emma just reading through your diary . i also have pcos , its nothing major even tho the doctors make out it is. the only thing about my pcos i hate is my hair growth, i will shave my legs and within in 2 days i gotta shave again . i also got pregnant and had a healthy boy (he is now 3 years old) i do have regular periods (i know some people dont when they have pcos) but dont get too worried about your pcos hun. hows things going so far? and the slim fast diet? when u thinking of going back to xenical? xx

Hi Kayee, my doctor must be the opposite of yours, because she told me 1 in 10 women have PCOS so it's not that much of a problem! My legs are exactly the same, but I epilate now and that keeps them smooth for much longer :) I hadn't had regular periods for 4 years but the doctor put me on Metformin and within two weeks it was back, and hasn't gone away since! I've been on for 20 days now, but it's slowed right down and I think today will be the last day. I haven't had any cramps or other unpleasant symptoms associated with periods though, so it's not been too bad, it's just a bit of a nuisance.

The Slim Fast is going well so far, I've created a new diary in the Slim Fast section so I'll probably post a link to it in my signature if you want to follow that. I'm trying not to write too much about Slim Fast in this section because this is the Xenical section, but I don't want to lose touch with all the people I know here so I'm still posting here :) I'll hopefully be back on the Xenical in a month or so.

Lovely sunny day today, it's been so nice :)

Back