Emma's Xenical Diary

Glad you had a fun time with your pals, I'd love a wild night out, not had one for ages.

Good luck for a 100% week x

I'm actually really surprised I didn't get a cheese burger on my way home from the night out, I walked past loads of takeaways and wasn't even tempted! :D

So today is day 6. I slept late again and missed breakfast. Had a microwave sweet and sour chicken meal from Spar, it was only 0.4g per 100g fat! I then went out to my voluntary job for three hours and had spaghetti hoops on wholemeal toast when I got in at 9pm.

I'm feeling good today. I had a sneaky step on the scales earlier and it said I'm a pound down from yesterday, so that's a good sign. Hopefully I'll lose a few more by weigh in on Monday! :)

Yeah I'm struggling a bit with deciding what to eat, I've been sticking to the same things all the time and it's getting boring lol. Because I'm only cooking for myself, I don't see the point in cooking proper dinners but maybe I should instead of always having pasta or spaghetti on toast lol.

the worst thing you can do on a diet is start to get bored as thats where the picking starts!! If you made something in a big portion you could always freeze some for another day..Like shepherds pie, or stew!! Or even a homemade curry!! Saying that i tend to eat the same things all the time too lol

Yeah, my mam tells me to make bigger portions and freeze it, it's a good idea. I'm not a massive fan of red meat, so stews and shepherds pie are out for me, but I could make a chicken, leek, and potato big soup and freeze that. I do a mean chicken lasagne too, but I'm not sure if I could make that within the 5% fat rule, I always cover it in too much cheese lol. I miss cheese so much :(

You could make a chicken stew!! Or even a fish stew, someone i spoke to on here had made one and they loved it!! I looovvee lasagne... one of my all time faves.!! I know there is low fat cheeses but i think if you can do with out your probably better off!! Says me who sat and ate cheese last night lol!!

Aww I miss cheese the most aswell..and lasagnes are the best..although like you I put waaayy too much cheese on it..I like cheese on everything..ERGH..

I used to have cheese on everything too! I bought a block last week and I hadn't even opened it until tonight when I grated the tiniest amount on top of my spaghetti hoops on toast lol. Probably shouldn't have had it, but spaghetti is so boring without cheese lol. I'm hoping I'll get by without any side effects as it was a tiny amount, but we'll see. It was worth it though! :)

Oh I know..Cant have pasta without cheese!! Lol..I realized how much cheese I actually eat...we bough a block not long ago and hubby hasnt touched it...It's me that always wants pasta and cheese..ERGH!

I love cheese, but I'm doing alright without it. We can do it ladies! :)

Exactly, keep it up :)

Hey everyone! Day 7 and still going strong! Skipped breakfast again (really need to get up earlier!), and had a Bachelors pasta and sauce stuffed inside a yellow pepper for lunch. The pasta and sauce was 5.1g per 100g fat, but I thought I'd risk it as it's only a tiny bit over the rule! I've had them before and I've not had side effects, so it should be ok. I had a Shape Smooth low fat yoghurt as a snack, and a ham toastie later on. I'll probably have to eat again later on tonight as I got up late so I've only had one main meal today. It'll probably just be a bowl of cereal though.

I was very good last night! At my voluntary job one of the other volunteers brought in two home made cakes for everyone to share, and they looked absolutely gorgeous! One was a strawberry sponge cake and the other was a gorgeous looking chocolate cake with nutella in it and cadbury's flakes on top with lots of cream. I was so tempted, but I managed to resist long enough until everyone had polished them off lol. I was so proud of myself! :)

I've been bored lately, which makes me feel quite down sometimes. My lectures don't start till Monday, so I've been off Uni for nearly two weeks now, and I've only worked on Saturdays, so I've had too much time on my hands. I should be concentrating on my dissertation, but I've been lounging around watching films and sleeping too much. I know it's not good for me, cos when I sleep too much, I feel really lousy. I know I'll be better next week when I'm back at uni, but for now, I need to try and find some motivation to keep myself busy.

Coming on here and talking to all of you is helping though, you're keeping me on track :) So thanks everyone! :)

ooh nuttella in a cake yummy!! Well done on resisting though, thats half the battle is learning to say no!! You may set your alarm and get up in time to have some breakfast, most important meal of the day, so they say anyway!!

Your keeping the rest of us on track too, so thank you!! :D

Oh yummy. Those cakes sound really good! Haha. So proud of you, as I'm sure you're proud of yourself, that you held off!! I love it when I turn things down..Which is all the time as hubby has a habit of bringing me chocolates home!! Ergh..He's trying to keep me fat...damn him. Anyways..keep up the good work!! :)

Thanks ladies! Luckily the cakes weren't around long, everyone else dug in and ate them really quickly so it wasn't too bad :) Watching Come Dine With Me now and it's making me hungry! Lol.

Aw I love come dine with me aswell..but hubby gets irritated by it. Lol.

Back