Emmzi's having a go

Ha, I've never had the BL shakes but I do like the BL mint bars. They are very different from the S&S bars tho and I think they're maybe an acquired taste :)

3 down this morning. Which in reality is a) water an b) not having as much food sloshing about my system. Still nice but I need to be another 5 down before I get out of the "recently put on so will come off easily" mindset.

Atkins breakfast bar. Much nicer. Cannot *wait* for postie tomorrow!

Not hungry but with me day 3 is the danger day. May make sure I go to pictures in the evening which is far away from my fridge!!

woohoo, just got the"your order has been despatched" email. obscenely excited about prospect of caramel shake and spag bol tomoz!

Also very,very bored writing essays but hopefully all done by the weekend, then I can have a relax!

waitting waiting waiting for the delivery man.. due before 12. Don't want torisk going for a bath because that will be when he comes so chavving it up in my PJs and leopardprint hoodie dressing gown!

Day 3 today, the headache day, feeling ok just now and not hungry. Mate coming over tonight and we are going to the pictures as a non-food thing.

Come on citylink! I have a cupboard cleared and want to fill it up!

Hope it arrived so you didnt have to spend the day in your PJs! How has your day gone??

Thanks for asking :) Teeny bit headachey. Strawberry shake, yumm. Choc truf bar YUM!! And cottage pie ok, can live with it (bit like smash + beanfeast mince!)

Mate coming over tonight, I have done a quorn and veg stir fry with jerk chicken seasoning and she can have noodles with her.

Frankly, could eat a scubby horse, but if I can get through today it'll be easier so hanging on in there!

Also got a dozen red roses from ex. So .. confused!!!

It was fab having mate over and just presenting her with "here is a stirfry I made" and it was all *normal* except I didn't have rice. No interrogation. Had enough energy to walk to cinema! (half hour each way and uphill on way back!)

I am concerned I have not had a raging hunger yet. Because then I would feel I had had it and got over it. Head a wee bit throbby again today. Might have another wee walk to corner shop later to get painkillers.

Had a wee look on scales. It is working.

Oh well done on that idea, I know there are people I don't want knowing what I'm doing so need something like that!

What did you see?

so today I hit a hunger thing! brekkie - choc shake, ok, not amazing. lunch - lemon bar OMG fab. tea quorn fillet + spag bol how gorgeous is the spag? I cannot believe the packs ALL taste ok, am so used to MRPs that are really chemical and sawdusty!

Still hungry after tea so had a 4th pack. Crispy choc. How gorgeous is that!

Anyway. Cups of tea and an early night, four plus protein is enough! Will probably be ok as I am the *size* of a man.

Muppet movie. Neither of us fancied anything romantic on v day! Was very funny.

ooh nice, I've got that somewhere should watch it sometime! I hate cinemas- oh ok, I hate spending money to go to a cinema and sitting alone so I only go for Harry Potter..... so I guess I won't be going for a while! Oh, till Hunger Games comes out of course!

<I had 6 packs today, though am fairly sure one or two of them, ahem, went strait through! And 400g veg. Four packs and protein is nothing in comparison!>

Gosh Moosh, I felt stuffed after last shake, not sure I could do six. I expect the day will come! I do like to have spares in, not one of those who will ever post going "my last bar!". Part of my food problem in needing lots of food in "just in case." (I freegled the junk food before I began tho, just have a bag of flour and some rice now!)

Stood on scales today and could weep. Even allowing for keto-weight I am losing. After only 5 days. When it has always been so hard!

Headachy though. Day 3 of headaches. How long does this keto-thing take to get over itself?

It took me and scotbean a week to get into ketosis fully and for the symptoms to sod off. But the week does goe quickly and you will start to feel much better, keep up with paracetamol if you can, drink lots of water, aim for 3ltrs a day and I find if you have a bar, splitting it into two can help keep on level all day, keep the meals evenly apart. Everyone is different, some people don't have symptoms of transition, others aren't as lucky, but it all ends the same, your body adjusts and the symptoms ease and finally go. xxx

thanks Tara. Is most odd. I can feel my stomach is empty, but have no urge to fill it up. Will go have water as you suggest then think about going out to get painkillers.

The water does help with headaches, I had dizziness and nausea for most of the week too. Wasn't pleasant but it lifted eventually. The headache I had was like a tight band over my head, not throbbing but a constant tightness. I took two paracetamol and two ibuprofen 4 times a day, but make sure you don't have an empty tum if you take ibuprofen xx

right, not too bad today, but I think I may be having an extra again before bed!

Tomorrow is first day at work doing this, study leave is over! So I need to a) wake up early enough to get a shake down me b) remember and drink water at work. I have made a quorn "chicken" salad with loverly sharp gerkins in brine, pepper, and lettuce, which should be quite filling, and leave me good for a meal and a bar when I get in.

Head still hurts. Boo.

Excellent forward planning! Sorry to hear your head still hurts, it will go, just hang in there. I find it easier when I am at work to drink more. On days off, like today I haven't been as good with my fluid intake x

Back