Encouragement

Linze01

Hello Lighter Lifers,
I am popping back in to Minimins after a few years absence. Every now and then I have a little lurk to see if any of the people who did LL at the same time as me are still regular posters. Sometimes I see a familiar name but most of you are new here. Today I am on for a different reason. Five years ago this week I started on my Lighter Life journey. At that time I was obese, shy and scared of making connections with other people. I was terrified people would laugh at me or make fun of my weight. After nine months I was seven stone lighter and I realised the journey had only just started. Now, I remain at the same weight I was then (I maintain a BMI of 21-22). It has been hugely challenging but I am a totally different person these days. From being an Olympic level couch potato, I have become a passionate dancer (having never danced a step before in my life), I exercise 2-3 times a week on top of my dance training and continue to follow all the precepts I learnt whilst doing LL. most people I meet now think I am lying when I tell them I have suffered with obesity most of my adult life. They see someone who is so fit, confident and active they find it hard to believe the photos!
I hope that this post will encourage others to believe they can win the war with food addiction. It's really, really hard but keep on keeping on!
Lots of love,
Linze

Just wanted to say thank you for your post -I'm starting LL on Monday And hope to conquer my addiction once and for all -well done and thanks again for the inspiration

Last edited:
Wow that is very inspirational, thank you for sharing.

Fantastic post! Thank you! I really needed this sort of boost:it can and will work if I just let it. Thanks and massive congratulations xx

Great post and nice to see that it does work, and worth hanging in there for - thank you

Back