Encouragment for slimming against the clock?

Katy_the_kelt

Hi everyone! Well I've been moping a lot lately about how being overweight has ruined so much of my youth, how many nights I've spent crying in front of the mirror because I don't like myself in any of my clothes, how often I've gone home early from a party because I felt alienated - my time in university is half way through, and I feel like I've never been able to let go and enjoy myself because I've been too insecure. So, I have decided that I want to be slim (relatively!) for my 21st birthday party.

Presently about 16st (weigh-in tomorrow, hoping for 2 or more lbs, because I've been 100% all week) and a size 18. I would really like to be a 14 by my birthday in October. People say a dress size is roughly half a stone, so I have to lose about 2 stone, in three months. This is about 3lb a week, which is pretty intense, but I really feel determined.

Anyone have any advice to offer, or done/doing something similar? I feel like a bride-to-be :p

Katy xx

I can't really give advice on what to eat to lose 3lbs per week but Hang onto that enthusiasm - know what you really want I.e for me it's that weight loss - are you competitive? I've found that wanting to be the best I can be drives me too - it's all about mind over matter/food is simply fuel for our bodies, take pleasure from other things in life and keep going no matter what, there are lots of people on here who can provide advice and support x I hope that this helps x

Yessssss i am in the same boat! Im in the 16st mark atm and want to get to about 14st (or less!) for my bday in November! Really want to go out and have fun and feel so confident in my skin and new clothes! My first week at SW was the past week and i lost 5lbs :party0049: to try and reach my bday target im just going to keep exercising each day (I only do 20mins atm) but will gradually build that up each month and hoping to stick to plan 100% :)
If im honest i give up on things way too fast, but recently i've kept coming on this site and its kept me motivated constantly! Seeing peoples before and after pics is making me want it more and to finally reach target and have my own success story to put up :)
Good luck with your weight loss journey! I hope you get to where you want to be for your bday xxx

i don't want to be a negative voice but don't want to see you set unrealistic targets that will leave you feeling rubbish if it doesnt happen. i've lost 2 stone and i've only gone down half a size really. 14st 10 now and still an 18/20 from a snug 20. the half a stone per size thing is more the difference between an 8/10/12 i think. i find it's much more 16/18/20+. i hope thats not too discouraging, i do look infinitely better than i did 2 stone ago and all my clothes look better and i feel better. i'm trying to lose 3 stone by christmas so i am with you on going for consistent decent losses for the rest of the year. i've not idea what size that will leave me though. i'm hoping a 14!

Could I suggest you do some exercise such as bodypump or circuits to tone you up and help lose inches.

Back