End of Day 4 Thoughts

RoarkMan

So I am doing this for two weeks to get a boost, and then going back to Atkins.

I am sitting here at the end of day 4 and reading threads by people who have been doing this for months and months. I am seriously impressed.

I AM doing my two weeks, but this is freaking painful. I have never missed a burger with cheese and bacon more than I currently do. How you can do this for months and be happy impresses me. My kids had bacon and eggs today (like I have taught them on Atkins!) and I just about died. :)

I am sure it gets easier after some more time, but right now I really, really want some low carb food!

The good news is that I have lost 6 lbs so far! This sure works for losing weight quickly.

hi roarkman im only on day 5 of this diet and im missing real food sooooooooo much, im even craving things i wouldn't normally even want and i cant wait to be able to have just some chicken and salad ( and to think i would have found it boring less than a week ago lol) but here's to us sticking to it as it will be worth it in the end :)

Hiya,

I am also on day 4 of re starting after my first 5 weeks. The thing is it gets easier as you progress and the results are brilliant. Even if the scales show low numbers, we can feel the difference. With men the weight seem to drop off more. I think that after I lose my diet I might chose atkins as my lifestyle as it sounds pretty good. I still need to research it much more as I know nothing.

It is hard but well worth it. Hang in there until you complete your target. Just remind yourself that you can have it after, it will still be there.

Last edited:
I am writing since I can't take my mind of food tonight. Can't even focus while watching TV. I am sitting here having a laugh about it all. I am having visions of fat dripping off cooked hamburgers and how I would like to bathe in it.

Jesi: Look into Atkins. I think you will find it a good option for you. Fat is good for you. Carbs are evil.

I think we need to understand how food works and what food is good with what. I don't have much information but my sister is very good at this stuff. She says that certain foods consumed on their own is fine but when mixed with certain other foods they make you put on weight or something along those lines. Another thing my sister told me is, we all know that spinach is good for you right? well she told me that spinach only releases it's vitamin and goodness if consumed with orangejuice. On it's own it is useless. How weird is that? She reads alot and researches so I don't question her.

I will check atkins out now thanks :)

I am having visions of fat dripping off cooked hamburgers and how I would like to bathe in it..
I'm sorry...I'm going to be sick...:yuk:
Fat is good for you. Carbs are evil.
Thats a very sweeping statement- SOME fat is necessary & good for you, not ALL fat. SOME carbs are necessary and will help a lot of people stave off hugner pangs/cravings, excess carbs are bad. As an Atkins devotee you'll have your own way of looking at food, but please allow for those who have a wider appreciation of nutrition who can see the benefits of a balanced diet- where NO food is off-limits.

Irish: Point noted and as an Atkins devotee, you are right, I feel saved.

The same point back at you, though. You say that some carbs are necessary, while evidence supports that they aren't. I am a member of a Swedish forum where many members have eaten no (less than 5gr a day which are unavoidable) carbs for years, and their blood lipids, weight and blood pressure are in fantastic shape. They eat 85% of their energy intake as fat!

So, I understand that carbs can work for some, and I see it. My wife for instance eats lots of carbs, but her metabolism is great, so she is normal weight. She tried low carb for a month and improved her well being, but missed sweets too much so she went back. Fine, since she is one of the lucky ones.

Now, I don't think there are many lucky ones in this forum. I don't think there is a single member on Lipotrim who is sensitive to fat. As far as I know, such a person has never existed. The culprit is carbohydrates and insulin.

So, for us here, who aren't thin, I would say that the statement "carbs are evil" is pretty damn correct. I think everyone who is obese has an unhealthy relationship with carbs and are sensitive to them.

Of course this does not prohibit them from eating carbs in any degree, and since I am an Objectivist I would never force anything upon anyone, but I will voice my opinion.

Now, I don't think there are many lucky ones in this forum. I don't think there is a single member on Lipotrim who is sensitive to fat. As far as I know, such a person has never existed. The culprit is carbohydrates and insulin.

So, for us here, who aren't thin, I would say that the statement "carbs are evil" is pretty damn correct. I think everyone who is obese has an unhealthy relationship with carbs and are sensitive to them.
I hear you!! LOL! I didn't mean to sound snotty or patronising- I myself feel (in my case anyway!) thats carbs are indeed evil! I believe I have problems with them,and with insulin resistance, and the fact that cutting them out has resulted in weight loss where NOTHING else worked only proves that to me. ;)

All I wanted to point out was that for those with food 'issues', those who want to learn how to eat 'normally' (i.e. where no food group is 'banned')is that some carbs are okay, as are some fats- not all fats. I myself believe some of everything in moderation is the key (with exceptions for those with intolerences of course!). After years of trying to learn what is going to keep me healthy- I cannot get my head around the high-fat low/no carb way of Atkins, but I understand that it'll work for some- but thats the way life is? Different strokes and all that.
I do appreciate you suggesting alternative approaches- I didn't mean to appear as if I was reproaching you for it? If I came across like that I apologise.:eek:
Weight loss is all trial & error, and what works for one doesn't necessarily work for all- I for sure have found that out the hard way!?:)

Back