Energy advice

Mollybloom

Hey guys- I'm only on day 6 of Exante and going well in terms of weight loss. Noticing a difference in my clothes already!

What I am concerned about is my lack of energy. This is only my second day of work after Xmas, so it's taking it's toll on my energy levels anyway, but I've noticed that I definitely don't have my usual sparkiness and I'm not as alert as I usually am (and need to be to get my job done).

Feeling lacklustre/ a bit grey and wondering if anyone had advice? Apart from a few cups of coffee for a boost, I'm not sure how to get back on my game.

Do people find that the bouillon drinks help them?

Is this likely to continue as long as I'm on the diet??

I'm a bit of a workaholic so my job is really important to me... But so is my weight loss. I really don't want to have to chose between them! :(

I think this is pretty common for the first little while. Im on week 2 and still feel a little "blah" for lack of a better word lol. However ive done VLCDs before and remember that its not a lasting feeling. Your body goes into ketosis after a few days but it still has to adjust to such an extreme diet. Hopefully you feel a bit more energetic soon. xx

Thanks for that. I was actually grand today! Energy seemed to come from nowhere- so maybe my body just took that bit longer to switch into ketosis...

I've also figured out that my afternoons are the most demanding on my energy, so I'm doing half a (minging) ceral bar thing for breakfast, having a soup for lunch and then using the other half of the cereal bar for a late afternoon boost.

Hopefully this refreshed feeling will continue!!!

I am glad you are feeling a bit better today. I find that if I falter and eat food I slip back into thtat feeling blah again, and then I have to get back into K to feel better.
If I feel low I would have some coke zero or a nice cup of tea and that usually perks me up.

Back