Energy levels

skyegirl

As I've said before I don't have any scales so I get weighed once a month or so at the Drs, but somehing I have noticed is my energy levels are so much better, I walk everyday with the dogs (my choc lab and my lodgers collie) most nights Hubby comes with me and we vary our routes, yesterday we took a detour through the woods and down some pretty steep ridges (only to have to climb back up them again) to collect some mushrooms (no not the naughty ones...lol), Now it wasn't that long ago that if my husband suggested going "off road" as such I would have hung back and waited for him at the top not wanting to battle with my stamina and lack of muscle and sheer weight getting back up, but yesterday I found myself not even thinking about it and climbing about like a 10 year old...we did get some rather nice Chanterelle mushrooms, but haven't a clue what to do with them as they are usually very posh and expensive and I have never cooked them before...any ideas????

Hiya

I'm the same, can go for hours and feel so young again!

Fry the mushrooms up in a little something light, they will cook quicker than normal but have a lovely taste x

well done on going off road!!!!

why not have a google for recipes, i wouldnt have a clue what to advise xx

Managed to go on a long walk yesterday with the dogs, around 4 miles, it took me an hour and a half walking at a fast pace, so it might have been more miles, I will try and measure it in the car one day. All I know is the dogs were knackered and I was invigorated. I'm working over the weekend doing 11 hour shifts so won't be able to walk then so as I have the afternoon off and my house is clean I might drag my dog "Poppy" the choccy lab out with me for another jaunt. I was silly though I wear my old wellies and my feet were sore as hell afterwards (I live in wellies) so I will have to drag out the walking boots for the next long walk. As I put in my goals I would love to be able to buy a snazzy pair of wellies that actually fit over my calves (I have very short legs and my calves are quite wide, I am just hoping they shrink with my weight..lol)

well done skye!

lurrrve the wellies!!

xxx

Back