Enough is enough....

crazykats

Hello everyone.
I'm very new to this site - but on my wanderings so far think it is fantastic! I seem to have lost the post I put on the intro forum so thought I;d repost a bit about me here:
Hello everyone,
I seem to be a lifetime 'dieter' and now I'm at my heaviest weight ever - not a good endorsement is it??

I've always liked the WW plan and was quite good at it - until I made a mess of it for a few weeks, gained weight, lost the will to live and packed it in as it was a downright waste of so many pounds a week. Surely I'm not the only one to do this??

I can't attend a slimming class now as we flit between two homes at the moment (not impressive really - one is our holiday cottage in the remote area of NW Scotland!), and I'm not too good at doing on-line membership either (probably not strict enough with myself as there is no public weigh in :eek:), and our internet connection up there is a bit useless as well...

So............. this time I want to follow the Michael Mosley 5:2 diet. I reckon it could fit in with my life better than the others. The intention is to have the 500 calories for two days, then try to restrict my calories to between 1500 -1800 for the other days, but not to bash myself up if that bit doesn't work.

Another reason for following that plan is that I'm also diabetic and really like the health benefits it can give relating to glucose levels. I've done one 'fast day' so far and must say my readings were excellent.

So, as you can see, I have such a llloooonnnnggggg way to go, but I'm just hoping with all your support, that this time - I can finally make a difference.

Can I say a special thank you to Susie, whose site was the first I'd found!), to Chips (the second!) and Chezz (whose thread I haven't read yet!) as they have made me feel so welcome? :Dt​

hi crazy
thanks love im glad you feel welcome hun and anytime you need a good moan or a chat im here and susie and chips and the others on here we be here for you there a great group on here they really are .
im so happy you have found a diet that suits you im calorie counting and i use M.F.P its working up to now so fingers crossed i was away from here for only 2 weeks while i was helping a friend in time of need and wow it showed i put 4lbs on but hoping with all the walking and healthy eating it will have come of th week x
so one again welcome hun kick your shoes off and enjoy the ride its going be a long one with bumpy rides downs ups and laughter and tears but its going to be fun as you going to have friends with you all the way xxxxxxxxxx

good luck crazy hope all gone great xxx

Phew, absolutely kippered tonight.
OH and son have been to Le Mans this weekend, and they came back on a slightly earlier ferry - and picked up Mother in Law on the way back. Scuppered all plans!
Mad dash to Tescos to do the shop; mad dash preparing meal for hungry campers(!) - so overcooked the pork and apparently the Yorkshire puds were a disaster too. Can't comment on that as I didn't have one (now where's that angel icon when you need it???!!)

Still trying to cut calories but know will find it extremely difficult this week. Will sleep well tonight though..

Disasterous yorkshire puds the night my MIL coes to dinner is the story of my life! LOL.

Welcome crazykats. The women in WeMITTS are particularly stellar! I'm relatively new too but I felt instantly comfortable here.

I'm doing 5:2 :D and love it. I'm enjoying 1800 cals on my days "off", and I lost 4lbs in the first 11 days - which is a good rate for me and better than I did on a VLCD.
That positive effect you mentioned on your glucose level...very encouraging! I think that's a great sign this method of weight loss/health gain is going to work well for you.

Wishing you the best.
RB

Well MiL has gone now so perhaps the week can return to normal - been veeerrryy difficult to calorie count I must say. I managed to sort of fast yesterday but will be really interested to see what the scales say tomorrow. Not very optimistic to be honest.

One interesting thing this week though is that I went to see the doc as I've gained weight quite quickly over the last two years and I'm sure I have water retention as my ankles and calves are rock hard (ie. not wobbly flab!) and a bit mis-shapen. I think it's to do with one of the drugs I take for diabetes and he seems to agree with me. So I start a new one on Tuesday which I have to inject so it will be interesting to see if it has any beneficial effect. One can but hope....

Well, can't be bothered to do any tidying - feel quite tired after this different week. Have great weeks everyone.

hi crazykats

hope all goes well for you and you get it sorted love xx

Wow - a two and a half pound loss in 'Granny' week! Thrilled.

A busy week ahead really. The washing basket is overflowing so that's today sorted out (plus watching the Andy Murray match of course..), docs tomorrow, chiropodist on Wednesday (toenails seem to grow like horn these days!), then busy sorting out for Scotland on Thursday. We're going for a month but I've even bought some new bathroom scales as the ones up there had turned into rust heaps, reconciled them with the ones down here (about half a pound difference), so there's no excuse to stop the new eating plan. Now if I could find the ability to walk up there, life could be perfect!

So, must crack on really, washing basket won't be emptied while I'm chatting away...

Sorry for not posting, but we're ensconced in the NW Highlands of Scotland where we have very limited broadband usage...
Just wanted to report that despite having a fantastic foodie birthday treat (!), still managed to lose a whole pound!!

Good luck everyone!

bless you love and well done with the 1lb loss

Still veerrryy limited internet access as still in the Highlands - but a two pound weight loss - unbelievable for me!
Will post loads more when back home (two weeks time...)

well done kats thats great but bad about the internet lolxx

Now back in the land of internet again - you've no idea what a luxury that is!
Incredible WI this morning - four and a half pounds!!!!! Thought I'd had a good week last week......

Loads to do today but will get back looking through threads tonight.

hi crazykats
happy to see you back in the internet land again
and wow thats a great loss well done xx

Haven't gone away (or given up!!) - honest! Just in NW Highlands with very limited internet access.... Good luck everyone - hope you're doing well!

hi hun glad your still around lolol

Back