Enough Superfree?

HelsAngel

Silver Member
Hi,

I just need to check i'm doing this right.

Last night I had the Chicken and Mushroom Pasta n Sauce and added a tin of extra mushrooms.
I had a cherry Shape Zero yoghurt and added a banana (which by the way, was gorgeous!). I was a bit worried I hadn't had enough SF.
What do you think?

thanks
Hels

Thanks for replying.

For breakfast, i just have fresh fruit and an Alpen light bar. For lunch, I have a salad with some Turkey, some Nimble (2), a Mug Shot and fruit. The above for dinner.
I'm trying not to snack at the moment as it's my first week but if i do it's just carrots or celery or maybe a yoghurt.

Remember though that you will have to syn the Alpen bar as you have already had your HEB as the bread.

Remember though that you will have to syn the Alpen bar as you have already had your HEB as the bread.

Yeah, I did it the other way around and had the 2 x Alpen Light bars as HEa and syn'd the bread.

Still getting used to it to be honest. 5 days in and already, I'm starting to hate the sight of lettuce!! ;)

Yeah, I did it the other way around and had the 2 x Alpen Light bars as HEa and syn'd the bread.

Still getting used to it to be honest. 5 days in and already, I'm starting to hate the sight of lettuce!! ;)

:eek: no - this can't be true....

Lettuce isnt so bad if its covered up with something lol

Yes, preferably more lettuce. I can't get enough - especially nice crispy stuff like Iceberg - this is how I lost nearly all of my weight. I have salad at least twice a day, as a side, and even snack on it!

Most suprmarkets sell those pre-packed ones for 50p or £1 - they are ideal - no need to weigh/measure - perfect for extra easy. In fact perfect for anytime:cool:

Steve

Honestly???? Have you always liked it or has it become and aquired taste? Well done you your weight loss is fantastic!!!

What is a mug shot i keep seeing posts about it?

Its a pasta cupasoup type of thingy - very thick so feels like you're having something naughty but I personally think they are so bland tasting. I bought loads after hearing about them on here and tried one which quickly went in the bin. The rest have been donated to the SOTW basket in class. lol

Helsangel - IMO you cant eat enough SF, you should never feel hungry on the SW plan so eat up and enjoy. I find that the more SF I eat, the more I lose.

It should also never be boring. I'm not a fan of lettuce either and rarely eat it. Check out some of the food diaries and the recipe threads for some inspiration and ideas for meals. There are so many different meals on this forum that I reckon you could eat a different meal every day for 6 months!!

Looks fine to me - but you can never eat too much salad - perhaps the pasta and sauce could be bulked out even more with some greens???

Aparagus, Brocolli, Spinach or green beans - perhaps some sweetcorn too would be nice (but not superfree i dont think!)

You could also have some melon, berries or pineapple as a snack pot....these are superspeed fruit choices - as opposed to bananas and grapes - which are free - but not speeding up your weight loss as much.

Good luck - you sound really focused and on track! xxx

Thanks for replying.

For breakfast, i just have fresh fruit and an Alpen light bar. For lunch, I have a salad with some Turkey, some Nimble (2), a Mug Shot and fruit. The above for dinner.
I'm trying not to snack at the moment as it's my first week but if i do it's just carrots or celery or maybe a yoghurt.

There is no need to not snack on sw especially if its superfree/free foods and especially at the start of things. Sounds like you are doing well though trust the plan it really does work! x

Thanks everyone for your advice.
I am trying really hard but then, it's my first week and as an old WW convert, it's a massive change to what I was once used to. How can things be so good on SW but a 100% stayaway on WW?! I'm trusting it but it's so unnatural to me!

When I say I'm trying not to snack, I basically just mean that I'm trying to break the habit. I sit at my desk all day and get bored so I pick at things when I'm not even hungry which is what's got me into this mess in the first place.

First WI tomorrow and I'm feeling quite positive for a change. After gaining 0.5lbs-2lbs a week, EVERY single week for the last 4 months at least, a loss is going to be a miracle and i'm very excited. :)

I know its so strange going to SW from WW I lost 2 stone on WW years ago and going onto SW this time I was shocked I lost on first WI as i felt i hadn't dieted lol

Sigh......... wish I like salad, and the word coleslaw, well!!!!!!!!!! And mayo, ................. but even a non liking veggie can lose on S W, so pleased I like my fruit. It is so flexible, there is a plan for everyone and it really is changing your eating pattern for life, not a diet.

I sit at my desk all day and get bored so I pick at things when I'm not even hungry which is what's got me into this mess in the first place.

Do you mean your desk at your workplace or at home? If you don't have off-plan food with you at work, you can't pick at it. If you don't take money to work, you can't buy anything that you might regret eating. Good luck for you weigh in :)

Honestly???? Have you always liked it or has it become and aquired taste? Well done you your weight loss is fantastic!!!
No. I've honestly always like "crispy" lettuce. I did detest the floppy stuff though (each to their own).

Previously I'd have a tiny bit usually by mountains of crap - oh who knows how them habits start - I love to think I'm free of them now.

Regarding stuff at work, I only snack on fruit and veg. Work vending machines are the creation of Satan himself!

;)

Emsie, that salad looks awesome!- I just had a chicken salad. Great and easy way to end the day after finishing at 6.

Back