Consolidation Entering Conso a little early....right thing to do?

minnie_me

Hi all, so I'm not too far off my target weight and am thinking of entering Conso early. The reason being, I'm off to New York on Nov 25th and I'll be there until Dec 8th. I want to be able to be a little more flexible than Cruise allows. I'm not worried about going off the rails as I've been quite disciplined for the last 4/5 months and won't do anything to ruin my weight loss.

I'm thinking that I'll go into it from next week, just to give me a week of "change" before I head off. I'll probably lose another 1.5 to 2 lbs this week so I'll be about 7 lbs (ish) off Target.

Actually, I've kinda been dipping my foot into conso the past couple of weeks anyway. I had a sort of celebration meal the weekend before last (had duck with crispy potatoes, jus and buttered cabbage) and had white bread, with my soup, for the first time in almost 5 months. I lost 2 lbs that week.

Would welcome feedback from others who have gone onto Conso and what you think of my plan!

Why are we so afraid of the next stage!!? :D

I would go into conso early rather than throwing caution to the wind but think I would stick to cruise until you actually leave, no reason to start before your break as you only need the flexibility from the 25th so I would cruise diligently until then!!! Whatever you decide to do - and it is your choice - I am sure you will be fine....... Well done so far!!! AMAZING x

Thanks Trudy!! How are you finding it so far? I'm excited and nervous to go to the next stage!!

Yes i agree with Trudy. Conso the day you leave great losses by the way xxx

Sididd, thanks for the feedback. I still can't believe that I'm here myself sometimes!!

Not gonna lie and say it has been easy cos it hasn't but not sure if that is conso itself or my old mindset of - I've done the diet now lets get eating again rather than the program itself.... Dr D says 75% don't complete consolidation and will regain the weight which makes sense to me and I try and keep that in my mind when I am making choices!!!! Great thing about conso is that it really can be like a 'normal' persons daily diet, just still avoiding the potato/pasta/ carbs for the most part...... It will make your holiday so much easier having the extras of conso, sure you will fly through it! Good luck!

Thanks Trudy. I'd prefer to hear the reality than pretend it's going to be all plain sailing so appreciate that. Yeah, I think you feel a little bit like you can relax now, but that's when the damage could happen. So I will be careful, but will be happy to allow a little movement being in conso!

Back