Extra Easy Epic fail last night

Sammi77

Any tips for getting back on the wagon today? I went out on a leaving do last night and intended to have three vodka and diet cokes but it was 2for1 on cocktails so I messed up totally, got v drunk and then ate a chicken burger! White bread and everything. Probably had about 60 syns yesterday in total. Should I just treat the rest of the week like normal or go syn free for the week?

Help!

Just draw a line under it and carry on as normal today. In my experience, restricting syns to make up for a night off-plan leads to me feeling deprived and increases the chance of me binging throughout the week x

Ah thanks Hun. That makes sense. Got to go to work today and the boss is providing refreshments, I'll take my own just in case!

Had the same a few weeks ago (and not just one evening do, but two!), draw a line under it, stick 100% to plan and I'm sure you'll be fine. I managed to even lose more than 2lb after that "heavy" weekend xx
Being on SW doesn't mean you got to stop living, just be extra good now xx

We have all been there. I went to a wedding last month. Had a 3 course meal, drinks, canapés & a hog roast with crackling. Thoroughly enjoyed myself. Made sure the following week I had lots of superspeed/free & kept my syns around the 5-10 mark. Lost 3lb! I honestly think sometimes you've just got to let your hair down & enjoy yourself. Life's too short not to :)

We've all done it, it's pretty hard at the start cos it's all confusing and your body isn't settled into it yet, and you're still craving rubbish food! But what's important is how you pull yourself back on plan for the rest of the weeks and not just think 'stuff it' and carry on eating all the wrong things.

Thanks girls. I've done ok today I think. The hangover made me crave crisps and chocolate but I pacified myself with some Special K cracker crisps and a couple of chocolate fingers for my syns. I've been rubbish on superfree today and all I've drunk is diet pop but I just needed some stodge.

The title of this post made me laugh, it's like it was written for me! I messed up royally this weekend, had a work leaving do Friday night, drank way too much and ended up sharing a pizza with my OH. Saturday was even worse with a cocktail pub crawl for my friends 30th, though my food choices were better that day. Yesterday was a total hangover write-off...I don't even want to talk about the syns. However, weekends like that happen for me once every 6-9 months so today I drew a line under it, hopped back onto the wagon and sticking right on the lower syn boundary of 5 or less per day for a few days to help get over it all :D

The title of this post made me laugh, it's like it was written for me! I messed up royally this weekend, had a work leaving do Friday night, drank way too much and ended up sharing a pizza with my OH. Saturday was even worse with a cocktail pub crawl for my friends 30th, though my food choices were better that day. Yesterday was a total hangover write-off...I don't even want to talk about the syns. However, weekends like that happen for me once every 6-9 months so today I drew a line under it, hopped back onto the wagon and sticking right on the lower syn boundary of 5 or less per day for a few days to help get over it all :D

How's your week been going, I've been ok but really high on syns, for some reason been wanting to snack this week. Fruit isn't cutting it!

I've been feeling the same. My weigh in day is Tuesday and I gained 3lbs this week! :( I don't wonder why though, it was my own fault. Yesterday I had kind of mixed feelings. I wanted to snack soooo much but managed to stick to mostly free foods, though I did hit 8.5 syns thanks to a bread binge in the evening. Last week I only filled in my food diary for one day, the rest I didn't do so I've thrown myself back into writing everything down and I'm finding it's easier to stay on track now. I managed to avoid snacking today by making my lunch last night, keeping it free and not taking any other food or money to work with me so I couldn't buy any more food, even if I wanted to :D I'm feeling a bit better now I'm getting back on plan so hopefully it's onwards and upwards again!

Good luck with the snacking, I know what you mean about fruit not cutting it. I have found that an awesome snack is a chopped up banana covered in banana and custard Muller Light...or for something a little naughtier a chopped up banana with a spoonful of syrup drizzled over it for a nice sugar kick. It's about 2 syns but so worth it and takes the edge off the sugar cravings if you have them :)

I'm dreading weigh in tomorrow - been at glastonbury all weekend drinking and eating whatever happened to fall into my mouth :(

Since I got back all I've wanted to do is eat, and being vegan, theres not much free stuff apart from fruit, which I love but just can't afford too much of. Plus too much sugar makes me cranky. I'm craving savory food but there's nowt free savory food I can really grab at so keep ended up gorging on junk. arghhhhhhh

Have a feeling this will be me on Sunday.

I am going to Hyde Park to see The Rolling Stones so doubt there will be any healthy options there.

Hey, sorry didn't see these responses. Good idea re lunches, unfortunately I don't like bananas, wish I did! Wish me luck for weigh in tonight!

Richard you never know there might be a noodle van for example you could probably ask for something veggie and just count the oil as syns. Don't worry and just have a fab time! All that rockin out will make up for it!

Have a feeling this will be me on Sunday.

I am going to Hyde Park to see The Rolling Stones so doubt there will be any healthy options there.

Lucky you! watched them on the Glastonbury highlights and they were amazing.
You usually find noodle bars or jacket potato places at events like that which are probably the lowest syn option if you count the syns for oil. Have fun :D

Back