Errr, I need to lose half my body weight? Yikes.

Tuesday 30th July 2013

Breakfast
Egg - 71 Calories

Lunch
Fish and Veg Curry - 194 cals

Tea
Fish and Veg Curry - 194 cals

Cup of Tea - 13 cals

Total = 472

Today was fast day so pleased managed to keep at 500 mark.

Despite feeling really good about my loss on scales this morning, I really struggled today with the motivation. I don't know if it was because Mr Husband ate 2 yummy looking greggs doughnuts (but then he ate an immense looking curry with all the extras the other night and I wasn't fussed at all) or if it was because I didn't particularly enjoy the fish curry and then ate it twice. Wont be making again. It's amazing the difference when you eat something you really enjoy as opposed to when you're just eating it because it's low calorie. At this point though its all trial and error as I try different recipes.

However on the goal front:

Exercise - Check!

Callanetics - No check. Oh dear, was too busy in evening.

Water - Check.

Alternate day fasting - Hit 500 cals so check check.

x

Wow I didn't realise it had been 3 days

I have stuck to all of my calories, water and exercise. but been really pants with the callanetics, which is a shame because I know what a difference it will make.

It's just finding another hour in the day to do it. However, I really must make more effort and try.

Have been struggling the past few days, have not cheated at all - not even in the slightest. But I find my will power is not as strong, Im getting fed up and cant even bothered to eat. I put this down to trying lots of new recipies and then not enjoying them. Also I'm really really missing oil! I have always used extra virgin olive oil of a good brand, and though really don't use much of it I can see the difference it makes in the food. Spices don't seem to stick to the meat like before and don't get me started on roasted vegetables. They just taste dry despite keeping the temp. low. Im using fry light and really not a fan. When I realised the calories in olive oil I thought I would never go back and stick to fry light, but I can wait to go back to using my olive oil.

Day number 11.

Oooo how I'd kill for some roasted veggies in a tortilla wrap for my lunch.

Fasting day today so ..... salad it shall be. Hmmm, I do love salad but starting to get a teeny bit bored.

x

How's it going?

I joined NSC yesterday and they too, only gave me 15mg of phentermine.
I'm going on holiday so can't go back for two weeks, but want to get the higher dose ASAP.
Today I didn't feel starving, but did have a few rich tea biscuits with a cup of tea this evening!!

Have you lost any more weight?
X

Hi Sweetaschocolate,

It probably took me 5 days to actually start not to feel as hungry, and I wonder if that was down to the fact of eating a lot less so my stomach "shrunk" or the tablets building up in my system. I almost wish I stayed on the lower ones, but never mind, the higher ones are working fine.

I weighed in last Tuesday and had lost one and a half stone in just under 3 weeks.

I weighed myself today and am almost at the 2 stone mark. In 3 weeks and 4 days.

I find that the tablets just give me that boost to keep to my super strict diet. I've got a months supply now and depending on their effectiveness may or may not do another month and then I'll go at it alone!!

How are you doing?

xx

Reasons I hate being an unhealthy weight:

(in no particular order)

- feeling like everyone is looking at you. And not in a good way.
- not wanting to go out
- clothes not looking nice
- catching an unexpected glimpse of yourself in mirror and not recognising yourself
- terrified of bumping into people you haven't seen in a while
- lack of confidence
- embarrassment / shame
- getting hot
- being desperate for cold weather so can wear loads of layers
- feeling like you are letting loved ones down / disappointing them
- how distorted your face becomes
- not wanting to do activities you love because are embarrassed : swimming with baby, holidays, spa days, going to beach
- having to wear inappropriate weather clothes because it's all that fits
- lack of wardrobe choice
- not wearing heels
- not wanting to be in any photographs / video. So missing out on precious baby photos
- hating any photos / videos are in
- not feeling attractive
- lack of confidence in all aspects of life
- not feeling in control
- lack of energy / enthusiasm / motivation for pretty much everything
- putting stuff off until "I've lost the weight"
- how it makes you not want to bother with your appearance at all
- having to wear spanx and cardigans in hot weather and boiling!!!
- wedding rings being tight
- walking through gaps you assumed you could fit through and horribly realising you can't
- general unfit ness
- taking up so much space on sofa, embarrassed at amount if space left behind when your cramped in and you get up
- being shoe horned into chairs or feeling your fat is "hanging over"
- being unbalanced
- feeling groggy
- shower towels not wrapping around like should
- hating all social occasions
- hating shopping

Im sure there are many more but hopefully this will help me to go for it and then not come back to this stage again!! Anyone else got any others?

X

Hi doublegirl! Thought I'd stop by your diary and God are our mentalities the same! Check to all the above! All of them, just yes! A prime example of this is that I've got a hen do this weekend in Bournemouth, so it's all about getting a good couple of outfits in the right colours which, quite frankly, is impossible even when you don't have the strictest of strict dress codes to stick to, wearing heels, pretending like you look good and then pretending that you're loving it at 3am when your feet are actually threatening to just desert your body, you really want to take all of your unflattering clothes off and get into your ultimate baggy PJs and you're wondering what the hell you've done to deserve still being up at 3am when your fatigue wanted you in bed at 10. Night. Mare.

Anyway, sounds like you're on a roll with this 5:2 diet! I borrowed the book from the boyf's mum and it is fascinating, I'm just worried my concentration levels will slip at work and I really can't afford them to. I'll see how just plain old healthy eating and exercising goes first of all!

Hope you're still doing well :) x

PS what's callatenics?

So diet is still going strong!! Have not even had a lick of anything that is on my no list. I even spat out a mouthful of lemonade I accidentally sipped thinking it was my water. I did indeed lick my lips though!

I have discovered the wonders of cauliflower rice and mash, banana ice cream and my favourite best favourite a delish dressing from balsamic and mustard.

I have sat next to my husband eat pizza, ice creams, Indian, Chinese, doughnuts, chocolate and then general meals like pasta and potato and toast and sandwiches. And crisps!! I've only been out once for a meal and that was breakfast, where everyone had full English, and I had smoked salmon and a poached egg, it was lovely! I've say and munched on strawberries whilst people eat cake and biscuits. But this weekend will be the hardest, not in will power because I'm feeling strong!! But in choice. I have a hen night with fixed 2 course meal. First is tapas which I can easily not eat, and mains look tricky. Because I won't have oil, and I don't know if they'll be able to modify it. Might call ahead. Then I have brunch on sun morning, but again salmon and poached egg is just fine. It's the afternoon tea at a fancy hotel on mondy where I'll struggle because there will be nothing I can eat. Which isnt a problem to me, but I don't want people noticing I'm not eating because it will be embarrassing. Evening activities will continue with cheese and biscuits, but I can probs pack a salad and get away without being noticed. Then there's the why are you not drinking? Not that I
a big drinker at all, but I won't turn down a glass of bubbly. And the next weekend is a wedding with once again afternoon tea and cheese and biscuits!! Hmmm. Just don't want people noticing and asking. Or being seen as a kill joy. Oh well.

X

Back