Estimated weight loss on SS+ (without doing SS)

lynseylou73

Hi,

I have gone straight in to SS+ without doing SS first - my counsellor (and best friend) said I should do as well that way and best not to torture myself unless necessary!

I am seeing that people on average are losing about 7lb the first week - what would you guys say an average would be on SS+ (I am drinking around 3 litres of water a day and being very good)

Ta xx

Hi there, I'm not an expert but I don't think there will be much difference between losses on SS and SS+. Good luck with the weigh in!

xx

I lost 10lb in the first week and drank 4 -5 litres a day.

I've read else where that the average loss for SS is 14lb a month and for SS+ its 12lb a month (after the inital weight drop).

Porgeous thank you - I must say I have kept coming back to your profile as my start weight is pretty similar to yours with a similar anticipated loss. I was showing my little boy your photo's earlier saying "that would be mummy soon"!! (I hope).

Thank you so much - you look fab.

AllyKat thank you too - that's useful to know! I won't feel too much like I am cheating when I have my morsel of food each day then.

5 litres a day is a LOT! I don't know how people find enough hours in the day to drink that much. Is it really true that the more water you drink the more you are likely to lose??

I've been stopping at 8pm so I don't have to get up at night......

I started on SS+ and in the first 4 weeks lost 16lbs (7, 3, 5, 1).....have to say I never felt deprived, being able to have a small meal each night.

I get really thirsty anyway so its ok. I like getting up to make dirnks at work so I tend to get through a fair bit that way.

Good luck - how are you finding it so far?

Yeah, finding it easier than I imagined so can only be a good thing? Not sure if I'll be saying that at Xmas or in 3 months time tho....

How about you? Any good bad points?

Think its the same as ss, I lost 60lbs in my first 12 weeks off ss+ and didnt once lose more than 6lbs in a week so was consistent 4-6 a week but I had a lot to lose. Dont think I could of gone without eating anything, couldnt stomach the soups so this was my only savoury and I spent the afternoon looking forward to it. Doing 810 now which has still consistantly been 3-5lbs a weeks and a larger meal + milk, a great plan in my eyes. Look luck with the diet, stick at it and you will see great results :)

I started at 15 and half a stone and have always done SS+. Lost 7lbs in my first week and mostly 3lbs a week after that. Some weeks I stayed the same and some loss 2lbs. But generally you can expect 3lbs a week on SS+.

Bad points - first 3 to 5 days
Good points - any time after that!

I love SS+ compared to SS. I invite people to mine for food and make something I can eat! I can add a jacket potato or something to their meal. I have a Christmas work meal coming up and will have a chicken salad with the dressing on the side. The different proteins and veg on the list have different tastes so there is variation. I find my meal a day motivates me for the rest of the day and satisfies my desire to chew, curcnh and have something hot to eat.

I have done ss+ since starting on 11th september 08 and have lost 3 stone 1 to date,it really is good something to look forward to!!
xx

WOAH, all of you have done SO well - Julie, Badger, Frances, true inspirations!! My GP saw me today and said I looked slimmer and I am only on day 5!!!!

Even tho on SS+ some days I am not having the 4th packet meal, just 2 sachets and a main meal at tea time - I assume that's ok? Am drinking 3-4 litres of water a day too.

xx

hey hon. losses on ss+ should be damn close to ss. the difference being that some people prefer total abstinence to keep them on track and some prefer a small meal. you should still get around 3lbs a week loss on average (and remember, that is an average, some people lose less, some more, but we all get there) and if it's your best mate being your cdc then i'm sure she's chosen the right thing for you, knowing you so well :)

good luck and keep at it :D

abz xx

Thanks Abz - wow you are deoing really well!! If it carries on this easy then I can handle this for the next 3-4 months! xx

Back