Eugh. Mix-a-mousse?

Jambone

Hi everyone,

I tried this today, hoping for the best, but sadly it seemed that no matter how long I blended, the mix wouldn't go lump free! :mad:

I used a hand-held blender with a flat blade, and I'm wondering if this was the issue? Perhaps I need to use the sharper pointed blade? (So used to just mixing shakes). Other than that, the water was freezing cold and I added just over what it suggested. Used the banana powder.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Hmm. I've never had a problem with mix a mousse.

Quick question - did you add the water to the powder...

... or the powder to the water?

I've always added the powder to the water. I'm guessing if you did it the other way around, you'd probably get loads of lumps.

My method:

200ml water - put in freezer for 20 minutes so that it's just forming ice crystals. I use the beaker from my blender so I'm all ready to go.

Mix one scoop of mix a mousse with shake of your choice - stir it up in the packet (actually, I just shake it together - it usually works :))

Then, take the water from the fridge and put the contents of the packet into the water - and as fast I can, put the blades of the blender into the mixture and get blending ASAP.

You need to blend it for at least a minute, otherwise the mixture doesn't always set.

Pour into a pretty bowl, pop in the fridge for five minutes, and voila!

i always do what lily said.... add the MAM to the shake and literally moving it around so it's all mixed in. i use a hand blender/whisk thing and i start it before i add the shake to the water. i don't often get lumps.

Back