Step 1 Sole Source Evenings-HELP!

DayForward

On my second day and wondered if any of your have any tips for getting through the evenings. In the day I have lots of determination but in the evening on sole source I find it difficult--feeling lots of anxiety. Guess whatever the food usually soothes is seeping out now.:jelous:
Maybe going to sleep early the best bet. Also does anyone have any tips of supplements/aromatherapy/meditations that can help strengthen my mood and resolve? I'm hoping as the days go by this will get easier. :eek:

Hello there, it's my 3rd week on sole source and I too struggle in the evening! I find reading a book or magazine will completely distract my mind away from food! I also have a beauty pamper session, so will go do my nails or face mask or hair treatment, also I will listen to music,these all help me! Hope you find this helpful ?!!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi. I'm in week 10 now.

The first 4 days I would say are the worst. Especially cooking and watching my partner eat. After that it gets much easier.

I find having a bubble bath with candles and reading a book helps. As well as pamper treatment. Also have a drink. Water, tea, coffee helps too.

Once you have your first weigh in and see the results that helps too as you know why you're doing it and it rarely bothers me food in general.

Good luck with your journey!

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs week 5- 5 1/2 lbs week 6- 4 lbs week 7- 1 lb week 8- 10 lbs week 9- 4.5 lbs

I save my porridge until evening, usually eat it around 8 to 8.30pm which helps a lot. It means a big gap between breakfast around 9 or 10am and "lunch" around 4pm but I find it easier to keep busy during the day so it doesn't bother me too much.

I'm also on day 3 and my kitchen and cupboards have never looked so tidy and clean. I'll be tackling the oven next the paperwork you always intend to 'sort out' keep busy it works for me ; ) I like lithe idea is pampering sessions too xx

So this evening I seemed to have settled down a bit. Only going to weigh myself twice a week with counsellor. Was getting obsessed and hopping on the scale 6 times a day.

Glad things are a bit easier for you. Keep at it xx

I find evenings a killer but once I'm in ketosis I try and say split a bar for the evening and have a mousse say 6-30 as those are my weak moments where I would sit eating rubbish. Even when I did SW I sat eating all evening what was allowed and not sure it's anything I will eer get away from. I also treat myself to fresh bedding every 3rd night (with a super king bed a soon regret it tho as its a nightmare lol) and read in bed or buy magazines to distract me. And i change my nail colour every 3-4 days as that takes an hour up. It will get easier. This is my 3rd time doing the plan and have only stopped in past when fell pregnant which weren't successful pregnancies unfortunately (not Cambridge related) but the cravings improve over time xx

Hi! I'm week 20 I think now, I make sure I have a big litre bottle of water with me on an evening and I keep drinking it.

Also, lots of baths, spending time on here, moisturising, nail painting, cleaning.....you name it! Anything to keep busy!

Back