Ever wondering will u EVER get there..

fendigal

Hi..
Just a random waffle thread i guess,im sittin at my computer and i was reading some of the success stories and i cant help but wonder will that ever be me...has anyone ever felt like this?
I know iv lost a lot of weight up until now but iv been stuck around this weight now for 2 yrs going up and down and back up again and id love to just loose it all once and for all..has anybody who has done it any advice on how to keep at it for the long haul?

hey
i have lost a stone so far with 2 more stone to go which will give me a bmi of 25
seriously i dont see it happening, its such hard work and its the stubborn 2st left that has been there years and its not in a rush to go

i know excatly how you feel, and so the battle begins

There is no reason why it can't be you. If you want something bad enough, you will do what it takes to achieve it. Look forward to reading your success story in the ww magazine soon!!!!! :)

Yes I can't see it happening but I'm focusing on half a pound at a time. Given ive 3 stone to lose in total I'm not at the point of seeing myself at goal just yet... I'm not stopping til I get there though....!!

Cmon guys we can do this :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for the encouraging words guys..i know it may sound like a downer but sometimes it feels like ive been dieting forever! But then iv nobody to blame but myself if i dont stick to the plan..just sometimes i wonder will i ever have the power to just stick with it for 6 months solid..iv done it before i just need to get into the zone again!!
We can do it..all of us! Positive thoughts today :)

I've just settled into the fact i need to keep doing this for the long term and not get down about the timeframe. im enjoying pp and not finding it hard to stick to plan, and not being so hard on myself. Finding workarounds and ways to still treat when I want.

what should I say then? I have been on and off dieting since the age of 13 (and I'm 36 now!) so nobody can understand you better than I, or at least I think so. With WW, I started the diet in september 2005 and it seemed such a long way to go... I weighted at the time 14 st 2.5 lbs for a 5' 2 small/medium frame... WAY too much, I was wearing a size 24 and had my confidence below my feet. At Christmas time I was already feeling a bit more confident... so much so that in January of 2006 I applied for a job in a bank... which I would never have done if I hadn't started WW, and hadn't start losing weight and which, funnily enough, I GOT and, funnily enough, I STILL hold... and have progressed in. In January 2007 I reached my target weight for the first time in my life, and at the same time I started dating someone for the first time of my life, which of course helped my confidence even further. This man I met when I had nearly reached my goal weight the first time is the man whom i'll marry next month. All this would never have happened without WW, and not because of anything else than my confidence level. In a way, it was his fault if I put the weight back on in 2007 (I was too happy LOL! :D) but then in 2009 I took control again with WW and lost the weight again... and have now been maintaining for nearly 1 year and I'll get married next month in a size 6 wedding dress!

Do you think it's been easy to go from 14st 2 to 8 st 11 the first time and from 13 st 2 to 8st 9 the second time? No, it hasn't obviously. I have had moments when I stayed the same, especially the first time round, which I overcame using the Wendi Plan, and times i put weight back on, to lose it again.

the secret is taking each week at time and not look at the overall goal but at small goals every time. For example, 5%, 10%, the next silver 7... and then silver 7 after silver 7, 25 lbs, 50 lbs, 75 lbs, healthy BMI, goal weight! Prize yourself every time you hit a mini target... there's so many good offers on sites like groupon or kgb deals, book yourself a spa or something like that when you reach one of the targets, or buy yourself a voucher and say you will book the appointment when you reach that mini target, which will give you something to work towards.

For me, the first time it took longer and I had a halt of 3 months because I hadn't learned how my metabolism worked. Second time round, I knew that detail and also, I looked at my previous journey and gave myself targets to reach to follow the path of my previous weight loss and maybe better it of like 1 or 2 lbs a month, as I wanted to be at goal for my graduation the following september. i bettered it as I got to goal in June... and maintained beautifully until September, and further. It helped even the fact my bf proposed and I was having a second aim in my head -- my wedding!

A big hug and a kiss and remember, small steps, baby steps. Slow and steady wins the race!

Reactions: GLL
aw what a lovely post kagome75 :)

I was a size 24 at a whopping 20 stone, the difference a few inches make eh :p

I agree though.. having been the hare too many times, I'm now settled with the fact that it may take longer and I'm reflecting on it month to month rather than every week. xx

Sadly it took watching the autopsy of an obese lady on Dead Fat for me to wise up...serious wake up call

Back