Everyone on LL/CD, help!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Cordyella, 1 February 2007 Social URL.

1. Cordyella

Cordyella Member

Low Carb
    I'm only on Day 5, but already finding the LL shakes hard to get down. I've heard many times that CD has a lot more variety, & that their products taste a lot nicer.
    Can anyone confirm this? I know a lot of you have gone from LL to CD, any advice would be great.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tootsie

tootsie Silver Member

Hi Cordyella

There are many many threads on this site about exactly your problem. I have to say stick with it as it does get sooooo much easier. Try having a look at the recipies and have a go at making some crisps. I have the same routine every day.

Caramel with teaspoon of coffee, hot for brekkie
    Bar for Lunch
    Crisps for dinner
    And a lovely hot choc made with peppermint tea at bed time.

Boring I know but works for me. I find it difficult to get the soups down as soups unless I uses copious amounts of tobasco!!!!

Good luck........
  4. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    i know icemoose went from LL to CD and i think mini did too. i know plenty other have but cant think exactly who.

u should try pming one of them for advice. i know both mini and icemoose r incredibly helpful

5. Geri

Geri Gold Member

Hiya cordella,
    how are you making the shakes?

I hated the shakes at first, used to just use a hand blender and had to get everyone out of the kitchen and gulp it down with my eyes shut - :eek: that went on for 2 weeks!

Mixing them in a blender makes soooooooo much difference - I fill a pint glass 3/4's then top up with ice cubes - whizz up in the blender - then add the pack... and drink with a straw :p

If you dont have a blender, you can get them quite cheaply from tesco for about £15 - keep the receipt tho, I'm on my third one!!

Stick with it it really will be worth it, also maybe think of the packs as medicine - you need them for the nutrients, and they will help get you slim and trim :D
    Hope that helps
  6. slinkytobe

slinkytobe Full Member

Hi Cordyella, not another person. Pokerstar is feeling the same way. Maybe you should both comiserate.

Cheer up!
  7. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Don't diet anymore!

Give it a few more days first, I hated the LL packs for the first couple of weeks but you do get used to it.

Also how you mix them is critical, get a good mixer or aerolatter as they make a lot of difference.

And yes there are more flavours on CD and I am glad I moved over but if you are getting benefit from the formal CBT workshops on LL then hang in there, also remember you can have bars in a few days and they help.

8. Cordyella

Cordyella Member

Low Carb
    Thanks everyone. I am sticking with it!
    I use a hand blender to mix the shakes as I hate any lumps, & I make them fairly thick so they are gone quicker.
    I have a blender so once I dig out the ice tray & have some ice, I'll give it a go that way, I have to say the colder the shakes are the easier they seem to be to drink, so doing it this way makes sense.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.