Evil weevil's diary - 5st gone!

Good afternoon Weevil, well done with the 3lbs lost and being halfway to goal. Excellent :woohoo: :hug99: xx

Thanks everyone :D

Ive been really glad to get back to work and in to a routine - I am hoping to have a reasonable loss again this week to take me within spitting distance of just being overweight. Back to 5 nights away, 3 nights off as of next weekend so routine will be even better for 7 weeks, if not 11 - not sure yet how much longer I'll be down in London for. Time is flying, before too long I will be going to my new job in Leeds. Going to be working with an ex colleague soon as he will be joining me in London for the summer and is already based in Leeds. Very glad I am probably about the same size as when he last saw me in September 2008 and not tonnes bigger.

Need to order some smaller uniform as I will probably go down another 2 sizes by the time i'm finished but as it is supposed to be changing in the new year that may be difficult.

Today I ran up a long flight of stairs that 2 months ago I couldn't walk up without getting out of puff :) and my crush chatted to me for a good ten minutes first thing, so thank goodness me asking her out didn't make things awkward. She asked what time I was finishing so perhaps is considering asking me for a drink, unfortunately we didnt finish together.

Good morning Weevil, hope you have a fab day.

Oooh fingers crossed your crush makes a move soon! :hug99: xx

2lb off again for yesterday. Lost another one by this morning :D

53lb gone. That's just surreal.

Very poorly today - doubled over with upper abdominal pain that came on very fast & i was retching with a high temperature and feeling very faint so work called an ambulance. Had my wee tested at a&e and I'm nicely in ketosis - I just blamed it on my not eating much at work as too busy. Blood sugar was 5, blood pressure through the floor but they weren't overly concerned. Said it was probably a bug from something I ate last night or at breakfast (new, very cheap/scummy hotel) and that I hadnt been able to puke it out because hadnt eaten much. Buscopan and an anti-ulcer medicine to soothe my digestive tract and I was much better though still feeling pretty delicate.

Got back to the hotel around 6 and have just had a thai chicken soup which so far feels ok.

Another 2lb gone forever, this week :)

Will be missing the next two Friday weigh ins as I'm working them.

Friend's wedding tomorrow, I'm just 2lb over what I ideally wanted to be, not bad! Going clothes shopping today :( hate it.

Definitely on the plan until Christmas, as I seem to have slowed to 2lb a week - that's fine as I am pretty much doing working solutions at the moment, have great energy levels and am starting to look reasonable. I've stopped being invisible to the cool lot at current workplace in London. Shows up how shallow they are, but it must mean that I look 'normal' these days. Still obese by 3lb.

Well done on the 2lb eevil weevil!!
You have lost soo much weight, shopping experience will be sooo much better than before!!! You will def be able to find something u love :) At the moment, I just oggle over all the pretty dresses ;)
There r indeed a lot of shallow ppl out there, i have also had first hand experience at work, even tho tey never said it on ur face, u knw bt the way tey look at u and act around u. Anywys, nw tat i am onthe wy to being slim & fit, i feel tey dont make me feel horrible anymore :)
Another week or 2 and u will be in the lower BMI range!! Once again, Well done on ur journey so far!!! Xxx

Shopping report:

Wasnt as bad as feared! For the evening do I nabbed a nice dark turquoise skirt off mum, which I'll wear over a lovely dress that I've had a while, and a wrap of mum's too. I have some flat shoes already (can't wear heels) and just had to buy some suitable jewellery.

Rather than trying to brighten the above up for the daytime, I bought a new pair of smart trousers (14) and a lovely top (12) cracking result especially as I only had to go in one shop!

I had my hair cut shorter than I've ever had it before this week and wasn't keen initially but I now really like it, I think it suits me. Will go shorter when at goal but for now it's lovely!

Shopping report:

Wasnt as bad as feared! For the evening do I nabbed a nice dark turquoise skirt off mum, which I'll wear over a lovely dress that I've had a while, and a wrap of mum's too. I have some flat shoes already (can't wear heels) and just had to buy some suitable jewellery.

Rather than trying to brighten the above up for the daytime, I bought a new pair of smart trousers (14) and a lovely top (12) cracking result especially as I only had to go in one shop!

I had my hair cut shorter than I've ever had it before this week and wasn't keen initially but I now really like it, I think it suits me. Will go shorter when at goal but for now it's lovely!

WOW!!! 14's and 12's!!! I cannot imagine being able to shop for those sizes at the moment. Well done. You've done so well on your journey.
Bet your hair looks great.... you should post some pics!

Last edited:
Good evening Weevil, like Darcy says you look fabulous and well done from me too!

55lbs lost...just wow! :0clapper: :hug99: xx

Looking good Eevil Weevil!!! Well done on your journery so far !!!! You are an inspiration, making it work with allll the other commitments you had!!! xxx

Still here :)

Had a pretty strict week after the excesses of the wedding. I have started couch to 5k, did my second session today and it's easier than I thought it would be, so far. Riding horses on my days off, plus c25k every other work day, should see me start to tone up a little and feel a bit fitter overall.

Cant weigh in til Tuesday morning. I really want to be into the overweight category soon, but I know that exercise can do funny things to water balance. We'll see.

Minimum of five more weeks living in hotel rooms.

YEEEEEHAAAAAAH! I am back to being just overweight - 10st 13.0 this morning!!

Well done!!! You've done amazingly well! Must be such a great feeling to be in the 10's, I can't wait lol.

Really well done xxx

Oh my, you look fabulous:D Congratulations... all your hard work has certainly paid off. The difference in your profile pic and your fb pics is incredible

Fantastic feeling too being 'overweight' rather than 'obese'. I'm hoping to be there too in a couple of weeks.. can't wait!

Just 1lb down this week, still going in the right direction & to be expected as I'm exercising more.

Thighs are looser in my jeans and work trousers, and I can get the size 10 trousers on over my legs & bum but am about 2" from getting them closed round my stomach. Also gone down a bra size - I only have one that fits at the moment, so am going to go to asda to get a couple of cheapies for now.

Very sleep deprived for a variety of reasons at the moment which is causing hunger. I'm making good food choices but it's hard going and this week at work in London is going to be tough. I am hoping that moving on to week 2 of couch to 5k will tire me out enough to get some really good sleep.

Back