Evilpenguin's food diary

Thanks chick :D

Hey jilly! Nope I've not made it yet. Thanks for the tip - think I'll do the same and use something flat with high ish sides. I had a look for a swiss roll tin at the shops but couldn't see one. Got plenty of roasting tray things in the kitchen though :)

Food diary, EE today

Breakfast: coffee (part A)
Lunch: BLT (HEB plus 1 syn)
Dinner: chicken fried brown rice with beansprouts, sugar snaps, mushrooms, courgette, leek, spring onion, onion, bacon for the sake of using it up
Snacks: sugar snaps, mars ice cream (7 syns) leftover fried rice
Drinkies: bourbon again tonight, guessing 10 (40 syns)
Total syns: 48

Last edited:
I know the club10 rule is that you have stay at 10% off for 10 weeks before you get a sticker, psht! I have awarded myself the sticker anyway even though I only got to 10% off today lol :D

Have had a bit of a bad weekend so far, why's alcohol got so many syns in it?! No fair! Oh well, at least the mars ice creams are now finished. No more ice cream will be purchased! Dunno why I do these things to myself! Obviously I was going to nosh the lot within a few days! :rolleyes: It was the sun's fault. Honest.

So finishing the alcohol off tonight, new syn week tomorrow, no more booze after this, until at least mid April anyway lol :)

That's a fantastic liss hun! Well done :D and congrats!!!!! Can't wait to get my club 10!!! :) you're doing fab xxx

Thank you :D yeah club10 is a pretty big deal for me as I got there my first time on SW but didn't get the sticker lol but I never deserved it cos I put it all back on!! Not this time :)

EE today :)

Breakfast: fry up! 4 WW sausages (2 syns) beans, bacon, eggs, toast (HEB) BBQ sauce (1 syn) and a coffee (part A)
Lunch: nothing as breakfast was a late one
Dinner: carbonara (5.5 syns xl cheese)
Snacks: fruit salad (3 strawbs, handful grapes, satsuma, small banana, 1 apple) shape yoghurt (0.5 syn) 1/2 a ryvita thin with slice of smoked salmon on it (1 syn - those ryvita things are so high in syns!!!) velvet crunch (4 syns) another shape yoghurt (0.5 syn)
Total syns: 17.5

Last edited:
Soooo... After chick's calorie counting experiment I was curious to see what my calorie intake is like and how it compares to what my intake should be. According to some website I found, to remain the same weight I should eat 2458 cals a day. On MFP it says I should eat 2030 cals a day to lose 1lb a week. So I logged everything I've eaten today and my dinner and if I don't eat anything after dinner I'll have consumed 2183 cals, which is over MFP's recommendation lol. It says I could lose about 3.5lbs in 5 weeks if I ate this everyday.

Hmm! Should I start watching my cals?? I cba going thru all my food diaries and logging them on MFP to see if I've been eating too much, but I doubt I have been anyway. I only had 4 sausages today because theyre going out of date lol I wouldn't normally have 4! And I ate a load of fruit today in an attempt to kick start this week after my 'bad' weekend :D

Interesting though! Today is a good day SW wise but if I were counting calories I'd be screwed if I got hungry after dinner! I still have a few syns to use and loads of free foods to eat if I want them later! I love SW!

But, I am concerned that I'm eating too much :( *sigh*

Personally, I wouldn't dwell on it too much! I think if you're doing SW, stick to SW and only SW! If you're calorie counting, calorie count!
SW is obviously working for you :) so just keep it up!!

Yeh it's working fine for you so don't worry about it! I was just doing it out of interest really - as I am closer to target and a lot of people have a vastly reduced appetite and eat less at that stage but tbh I don't I still eat quite a lot!! Not a fan of it saying I should be having 1200 calories a day to lose 1lb a week seems pretty drastic! :-/ plus being able to choose free filling foods to eat is great whereas on pretty much all calorie counting diets you're hungry most of the time and that's why they are so hard to stick to. I know it can be hard to gauge how much you eat from just reading a food diary but sometimes I see some and I'm like woah I'd be starving of I only had that! X

I would probably die if I only had 1200 cals a day :( well, maybe not die, but I would not be able to stick to it!

You guys are right! I was just concerned when I seen that my cal intake is higher than it should be to lose 1lb a week! But I'm guessing my cal intake each day is probably around the same as yesterday, maybe less, and I have lost 33lbs so it's obviously working!

Aahh I start my new job tomorrow :eek: suppose I should get to sleep!! :D

Hope your first day goes well! :) x

Well my first day went ok. Bit weird, if I'm honest! I keep thinking someone's gonna come up to me and tell me I've not really got the job - feels a bit unreal lol. Think the next couple of weeks will drag a bit as I slowly get trained up and learn the ropes. I need to study like fook as well, so will need to use the weekends to do that as I think I'm gonna be pretty tired during the week, not used to this full time stuff! Poor me eh!

Food diary.... EE today

Breakfast: coffee (HEA)
Lunch: chicken salad sandwich (2 syns plus HEB) fruit salad of grapes, melon & pineapple, special K bar (4.5 syns) 2x black coffees (sugar 5 syns - ugh, need to take sweetener in with me!!!)
Dinner: penne bolognese with supafreeeeeeeee sauce
Snacks: small banana, apple, grapes, strawberries, vitality banoffee bar (5 syns) pear, shape yog (0.5)
Total syns: 17

Last edited:
EE today

Lunch: chicken salad sandwich (2 syns HEB) Pom bears (4 syns) satsuma, oaty bar (4 syns)
Dinner: chilli with basmati rice (1 syn choc)
Snacks: banana, snickers from duo pack (12 syns)
Total syns: 23

Not used to this working lark, been so tired since I got home, will be in bed before 10 me thinks!

evilpenguin said:

Not used to this working lark, been so tired since I got home, will be in bed before 10 me thinks!

You'll get used to it change in routine always makes me knackered for a bit! X

Oh it's horrible though. Was so grumpy last night. I was watching the matrix then realised I hadn't made lunches or put away laundry, it was close on midnight and I was knackered :( so I made angry sandwiches and threw the laundry in a pile. Do you think I cba to fold it properly tonight?! :rolleyes:

I am definitely an 8am - 4pm person, or even 7 til 3, NOT 9 - 5 :rolleyes: lol. The evening is a write off, don't get in til 6, then the 'dinner race' begins in the house so we don't get in the kitchen til 7.30 ish, dinner by 8 if we're lucky... only 3 days into this and I'm pooped! :(

But I'm not complaining about the job, honestly, I'm so glad to have found one finally, and it's actually alright! I just hate being so tired and not having any time to do anything!!! I am such a moody cow and it's only been 3 days lol :sigh:

OK!! *slaps self* only 5 more days of training, a long weekend in between, then it's only 2 days a week 9 - 5 and college the rest of the week :D Even tho college is unbearable right now (tutors who need taken down a peg or 2, so much to learn my brain might explode, classmates who need to rethink their title of 'mature' students etc etc etc) I am actually looking forward to going back :eek: Wednesday morning snoozefests are looking pretty good right about now lol :rolleyes:

Aaaand WTF is going on with this weather? 23 degrees the other day and now we have SNOW! :eek: What the?! My wardrobe was totally unprepared for this! Haha!!

Ok food diary time!

EE today!

Lunch: fruit salad (melon & grapes) chicken salad sandwich (HEB 2 syns) oaty bar (3.5 syns) satsuma
Dinner: veggie risotto with whatever veg I can chuck in there - mushroom, jerusalem artichoke, onion & petit pois
Snacks: pear, apple, pom bears (4 syns) sweetfire beetroot (2 syns)
Total syns: 11.5

Last edited:
Yeh it will get better as you get used to it, my body is going to be in for such a shock when I go back to work as I usually work 7am til 6pm!! Add travel time on to that and there's not much time for a lot else I was always so sleepy and lethargic too - actually exercise helped a bit even though it's the last thing you feel like doing once I got into it the endorphins really helped! Dont worry too much about cooking and housework the first week will knacker you but you will be back into a routine soon enough, 2 days a week will be no bother once you learn to balance your time around it :) x

7 - 6 :eek: omg, I couldn't do it! You should go back on a phased return! Your body will not know what's happened :(

Back