Ex Slimming-worlders

sarah.w

I have a friend on slimming world who has lost heaps of weight in a short time, she said that she can eat more on SW than you can on WW. I just wanted to ask a question to those that made the transition from SW to WW, what made you decide to change to WW?

Ive followed both plans, I lost 3st with SW 2 years ago (I then re-gained my weight through pregnancy). I considered going back to the plan but couldnt find the motivation I needed. Money was also a factor. I enjoyed my time following SW but that was when I only had 1 child and I had more time on my hands to plan/prepare/cook meals. I was also financially slightly better off.

Ive chosen weight watchers this time round for a couple of factors... convienance/simplicity and money. I can eat anything I want following WW propoints and can easily follow the plan from home. I love the fact that you can buy WW products with the points values on - makes it so simple, also most the major supermarkets show point values on their healthier foods ranges. Lots of offers going on too. I also like the fact that the new proppoints plan allows you to have most fruit/veg 'free' (In moderation it seems) and if you fancy a tipple or a meal out you can easily stiick to plan without feeling guilty or that youve blown things.

Ive been following WW since 2nd January (new years resolution) and ive lost just over 1st so far... its been eay and I havent felt deprived unlike on SW. I used to weigh in with SW on a Weds night and have a blow out afterwards (Cause of feeling deprived) then I would do the same on the weekend but in reality I ended up cutting back again to try get my loss in before the next WI. It promted me to start having a negative view of eating.

So far I have my healthy foods, I have my treats, ive started exercising (1st time ever) and can have a tipple should I fancy it. Im planning a lovely meal out this weekend and its all within my limits and I actually feel like I still have a life.

I didn't lose any weight at all in a month and I was following it 100% and Spinning 4 times a week???? .....it's a great plan but didn't work for me. WW is a bit more flexible IMO....but that's only me!

I managed to lose about 1.5stone on SW over the space of 9-10 months. However (as always) the weight crept back on. Then lost 11lbs last May/June. After trying to stick to it again, I lost will power. I was sick and tired of cooking meals from scratch, bored of the "free foods'' like pasta and passata, and just fed up.

So have joined WWs. And I am never looking back. The idea that "you can eat more" on SW is only true of portion size. However on WWs I am eating meals and confectionary that had I so much as sniffed it while on SW that would be 17 syns!!

You don't NEED to by WW food - but it as a wonderful convenience! You can eat any other brand of food though so you haven't got to make one meal for yourself. I am at Uni all the time, and if not then I'm with my family or my boyfriend so it's refreshing to be able to have the same meals as them (just watching my portion sizes) OR being able to tuck into a 7pp weight watcher meal while they have something else!

So far I have lost 7.5lb in 3 weeks. I think in 3 weeks on SW I had lost the same... however I was practically starving myself and feeling pretty lousy. On WW people are jealous of the delicious treats I can eat! I have not once felt "deprived". It is also the first time I have attended a weight loss group and stayed for the classes and they are quite motivating too :)

Good luck with whatever choice you make :) if you want any ideas on typical weight watchers meals etc then check out some of the food diaries. I have a link to my own one in the signature.
xx

i love sw and have always done it (and done well) but i know it to well now and i needed to try something different. pointing everything going in my mouth is working well this time.

Back