Exante return due to Acid Reflux

Loser85

Gold Member
I suffer with horrendous acid reflux and the attacks are gradually getting worse regardless of what i eat. I have a docs appt on dec 9th for anti d's so will be mentioning this.

Im very tempted to finish the packs i have from last time as i dont suffer whilst on packs. Ill be getting the nutrition needed and will stop or change depending on what my doc says.

Opinions welcome, im just desperate for this to stop.

Funny you should say that as I suffer from heartburn and have found the attacks a lot milder and less frequent when on exante.

..........my bouts of acid reflux have dissappeared completely now I have lost the majority of my weight. I would not be able to eat anything before without it causing all sorts of acid problems. My theory is that for me anyway it was not what I was eating but my weight that was the problem. xx

Fair point Bernice, but its getting to the point for me now that im having attacks regardless of what i eat. Prior to this i knew what foods to avoid.

I think a wee while on the packs should let it all settle down, get some of the weight off and give me peace of mind. Im hoping the doc will be happy for me to stay on for a while. Its got to the point now that im afraid to eat :(

Actually dont feel too bad this AM. Will be having a strawberry coffee hot for brekkie, this was my least fave before so hoping to get it out of the way! Too be honest this go isnt so much about the weight loss (i wont turn my nose up though!) Tis more about not being in pain.

Im hoping my doctor wont stop me its just the last time i told her i was thinking of this diet she basically said in her opinion its a no no but beacause i didnt need permision she couldnt say a lot. Ne mind eh!

Hi loser85, I had that for weeks and could never get it to calm down with diet change. It started for me before I went in LL years ago, and funny enough I was thinking how it came back several weeks ago before I started exante again. I think Bernice has the best idea, and reading it was a light bulb moment. The heavier I am, the more reflux seems to bug me! Good luck with it. and I hope your pain goes soon x

Did you ever have that urea breath test? Maybe you have that helicobacter thing?

It would not do any harm to see the Doc, I suffered with reflux and other symptoms that all vanished while on the packs even my arthritic pain in my joints!! turns out I am Gluten intolerant if it was not for exante I would have suffered for years, hope you feel better soon xxx

I have the same with whatever I eat but I've been taking Lansoprozole on prescription from my Doc and it's amazing! I'm hoping that being on Exante will help me to stop needing them

Glenda x

Fair point Bernice, but its getting to the point for me now that im having attacks regardless of what i eat. Prior to this i knew what foods to avoid.

I think a wee while on the packs should let it all settle down, get some of the weight off and give me peace of mind. Im hoping the doc will be happy for me to stay on for a while. Its got to the point now that im afraid to eat :(

Oh no, I hope you get it sorted, my OH suffers really bad with Acid reflux, he went to the docs time and time again and never got it treated properly, he was taking meds and it never truely cleared it up, eventually they referred him to hospital and they did an endoscopy which showed nothing but scaring, so went back to the docs for it to still never get resolved

When he gets it really bad, it brings on panick attacks and at one stage he just couldnt eat, he went from 14st to just under 11stone, and it happened really quick, he really wasnt well, (I was jealous, how crazy!!!)

He now has no meds, no support of docs and just deals with it all much better.

I hope you get more help than him and that it goes away for you

xxx

Back