excercise with a bad back!!

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by lilacbunnykins, 25 October 2008.

1. lilacbunnykins

lilacbunnykins slim for cruise

Hi hope someone can help me,im doing cambridge diet,and am noticing i now have a saggy belly,i want to tone it up,but cant do situps due to having a prolapsed disc,are there any other excersises i could do to improve it....thanks
  2. BeverleyG

BeverleyG Well-Known Member

ask your doctor, im sure they could recommend some for ya. i fell onto my step a few years ago and cracked my spine on the edge so it goes outta whack now and then. i find sit ups hard and pay later for them so i do yoga on my wii fit as some of the positions are for stretching and strengthening the muscles in your back and some for the tum so im thinking i can improve my back and tone my tum together.
  3. Tazzi

Tazzi is Special :P

aqua aerobics is great....and loads of fun!!!! plus you can do which parts of it you want to do....its not like you are standing in a class exposed...you can just bob in the water.

Taz x
  4. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate 2011 is MY year!!

I second Yoga, or pilates - They're absolutely excellent for strengthening the muscles around the back, and will tone you up a treat too.

I had a bad back and yoga fixed it really quickly, and gave me tiny arm muscles (now hidden under bingo wings!)