excercise with a bad back!!

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by lilacbunnykins, 25 October 2008 Social URL.

1. lilacbunnykins

lilacbunnykins slim for cruise

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    Hi hope someone can help me,im doing cambridge diet,and am noticing i now have a saggy belly,i want to tone it up,but cant do situps due to having a prolapsed disc,are there any other excersises i could do to improve it....thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. BeverleyG

BeverleyG Full Member

Diet:
    my version of Slimfast
    ask your doctor, im sure they could recommend some for ya. i fell onto my step a few years ago and cracked my spine on the edge so it goes outta whack now and then. i find sit ups hard and pay later for them so i do yoga on my wii fit as some of the positions are for stretching and strengthening the muscles in your back and some for the tum so im thinking i can improve my back and tone my tum together.

4. Tazzi

Tazzi is Special :P

Start Weight:
    228kg
    Current Weight:
    78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    150kg(65.78%)
    aqua aerobics is great....and loads of fun!!!! plus you can do which parts of it you want to do....its not like you are standing in a class exposed...you can just bob in the water.

Taz x

5. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I second Yoga, or pilates - They're absolutely excellent for strengthening the muscles around the back, and will tone you up a treat too.

I had a bad back and yoga fixed it really quickly, and gave me tiny arm muscles (now hidden under bingo wings!)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.