Excessive sweating... after weight loss?

KimtobeSlim

Hi all! I'm asking on behalf of my husband wondering if anyone has heard of or experienced this.

My husband at his biggest was 26 stone, now down to 17.9 and since the weight loss, he sweats quite a lot under left arm specifically. So bad that it will leave a patch on even a black hoodie.

He's been to Doctor's and they suggest different antiperspirant, he's tried Dri-clor, which kind of worked but was just burning him - not good.

Any alternative remedies you may know of?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

xx

Firstly, congrats on his weight loss x

Secondly, Mitchums quite good, failing that, laser treatment can be used to treat excessive sweating but that's a more permanent expensive solution x

Congrats to him. That's awesome progress.

You can get underarm shields that may help absorb it. Try Mobengo on amazon.

There are some special clothes = eg Thompson Tee. also on amazon uk Not sure if they work. https://thompsontee.com/men.html btw if you buy from the US be prepared to pay tax and shipping - post office rips you off with handling charges, so deliver by courier is best.

Mitchum is the best deodorant I've found but I don't know if it reduces sweat. I'd also go back to the GP in a few months if it's still a problem and ask what tests would make sense.

edited to add brand info and that tees are on amazon

Last edited:
that's great thank you I'll get him to look in to that on amazon! I think it's worth a visit to the GP again too tbh

xx

Back