Exercise after a c/s

MrsDannyDyer

Silver Member
So i was told to wait 12 weeks to exercise after the emergency section. Up until now all ive done is walk. But now i dont even know where to start, as i feel i will be so unfit after a year of just walking here n there......

Anyone else had a c/s help with how they started off exercise and built on it.

Does have to be something I can do around the kids as I dont wanna use a babysitter or creche, not yet

Hi chick! 12 weeks has flown eh! ((hugs)) I've not had a CS so can't advise but know there is a baby related fitness company around involving work outs with baby in pram. Adding in squats and gym related exercises along a route - using gates, benches etc.
So perhaps you could do a routine of your own? or find a fellow mum to tag along for a laugh? Would be great to get the girls out too I'm sure.

Swimming of course is great exercise and don't underestimate the use of your stairs! lol up and down, forwards and backwards. (different muscles used).

But if you want a walk and run 'routine' to build up to running / jogging with pram then google 'couch potato to 5k' for a great routine from a site called coolrunnings. Builds up in the amount of seconds 'running' till you run 5k - it really really works! I did it at 17 stone of weight and ran a 5k!

xx

Back