Exercise and CD

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by ghdgirl, 18 January 2010 Social URL.

1. ghdgirl

ghdgirl Full Member

Sorry if the answer to this is somehwere else on here....

I did CD before and did really well, however I now visit the gym with a personal trainer 3 times a week and take yoga and pilates classes. Is it ok to do this? Should I have an extra shake on the gym days?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MinnieMel

MinnieMel Why Be Normal?

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Weight Watchers/low carb/cc
    Not sure, but the moderator KD is a CD consultant. You could PM her and ask.

4. Laura Croft

Laura Croft Happily maintaining

Healthy eating, was CD

Here's one answer:

What kind of workouts are you doing with your trainer?

Long story short, pilates and Yoga should be okay (as is weight training but try and keep your heart rate fairly stable) but be careful about higher impact cardio because it can lead to decreased weight loss, as well as your body using your muscles for fuel, and you don't want that.

Some people are okay maintaining their current levels of exercise, others aren't

When I was on SS+, I just did weight lifting but when I was on 810, I did cardio but in a low heart rate zone and no more than 30 mins at a time
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.