Exercise and weight gain!

vadey

Silver Member
Know this has probably been covered a million times but. I've recently started doing a lot of exercise, body combat, spin, Zumba. I'm feeling slimmer but the scales are saying I've put weight on!! I know it's not my official weigh in and have had a peak. I actually haven't weighed in for 4 days as I'm a serial wi, morning and night!! So for me this is good!! Anyone else??

It is common to gain when you start exercising but it is nothing to worry about. Your muscles retain fluid to help repair the tissues and this can show on the scales. Make sure you drink loads of water to help offset it and upping your protein intake will help the muscles repair too :)

Since I have been back at Slimming World (5 weeks) I have started doing 2-3 spinning and step classes per week, plus riding my horse a lot more and I have managed to lose every week :S Not sure if it's just me or whether other people experience weigh gain?? I've lost 11 1/2lbs in the 5 weeks I have been back on plan and exercising

Mizzbecx said:
Since I have been back at Slimming World (5 weeks) I have started doing 2-3 spinning and step classes per week, plus riding my horse a lot more and I have managed to lose every week :S Not sure if it's just me or whether other people experience weigh gain?? I've lost 11 1/2lbs in the 5 weeks I have been back on plan and exercising

Thanks for your replies. I'm due on next week so maybe it's that! Feel slimmer but the scales say different x

Could def be that your due on, or it could be the exercise, just stick at it and you'll see losses eventually, if your feeling slimmer you can't be gaining fat :) so your def doing something right.

There's a lady at our group who keeps gaining but sticking to plan, she says she's loosing inches though and she is, you can see that she's a lot slimmer, but the scales don't agree :/ surely the scales have to catch up with her eventually as they will you as well and at the end of the day people see how you look and not a number on the scales

Back