Exercise .... dangerous???? Waste of time????

Hey :)

A few people have told me that you shouldn't do too much exercise on Atkins because it can be dangerous. Are they just being ridiculous or is there some form of truth in there? Someone also mentioned it can have a negative effect on those doing low carb/high protein. I just want to go to the gym for an hour a couple of times a week to help the weight loss, plus try and tone up. But I really don't want to be wasting my time, or worse, putting my health in danger.

Any thoughts? :cool:

xx

I exercise a lot and it leads to better weight loss... just means you burn any carbs when you're exercising then fat stores. Takes a while to get used to getting energy from fat. I felt sick every time until I got used to it. Maybe eat a few more carbs if you're exercising. I normally eat some peanuts before a run.

I usually run a lot to get back in ketosis quickly if i fall off the wagon!

Exercise isn't dangerous at all. You might be a little more tired in the first few weeks but once your body is fat adapted you should actually have more energy. I wouldn't recommend upping your carbs pre-exercise, just make sure you have something to eat before if it's a really hard workout.

As for pointless - yes, studies have shown that exercise doesn't help most people lose weight, largely because most if us compensate by eating a bit extra on days we exercise. However it does help with strength and toning so its never a bad idea.

Definitely works for toning up. I've just started skipping.........nearly killed me lol

Back