exercise dvds/games

Loser85

Gold Member
Does anybody know of any that dont involve jumping around? I live in a top floor flat so cant really be noisy. Not really wanting yoga or anything like that.

Yeah thanks, will maybe try an exercise mat.

Cant really do heavy stepping types either. Would the wii be quiet enough doing the step things off wii fit with a mat underneath?

I don't do the Wii fit (i think it's a bit babyish) but EA sports 2 has step on it, though you don't have to do it. They all have running on the spot on them. I suppose it really depends on how light you are on your feet lol. It's not good to stomp. If you are using the balance board then you do it barefoot.

Do you know the people downstairs. Perhaps have a friendly chat and say let me know if I disturb you?

Sorry - something esle that has crossed my mind. On all these Wii games, although you can set up a customised work out to do nothing but step, jumping jacks and running, if you do one of the pre-set work outs you are only really going to have say three lots of one to two minutes of these kind of exercises in a half hour workout. The rest is going to be things like weights, squats, lunges, boxercise and activities like tennis, water skiing etc. You would have to have a pretty sensitive neighbour to really disturb them I think.

pudnpie said:
I don't do the Wii fit (i think it's a bit babyish) but EA sports 2 has step on it, though you don't have to do it. They all have running on the spot on them. I suppose it really depends on how light you are on your feet lol. It's not good to stomp. If you are using the balance board then you do it barefoot.

Do you know the people downstairs. Perhaps have a friendly chat and say let me know if I disturb you?

Just wondered the justification for the wii fit being 'babyish' as you put it?

Well I suppose with the mii characters and more like a game for all ages. The other ones I have have a very different flavour which are more like a grown up workout plan like a virtual personal coach. I'm finding it quite hard to describe what I mean. And there seemed to be quite a bit of fannying around with menus on Wii fit and you can't build a workout session. Though I have heard you can on Wii fit plus.

Back