Exercise gain? :(

esmet

I've started running and I've gained 2.5lb over 2 weeks, I had a few green days instead of all red days, do you think it will even out? My body's looking so much better since I started running, even though I weigh more (must be losing inches?)I'm quite happy with my body at the moment should I stick with slimming world meetings or just do it subconsciously? Im starting to feel like it might be a waste of money paying for meetings as ive hovered around the same weight for since the intial first loss weeks (gain, lose, sts, gain) , maybe my body is this size naturally? Maybe it doesn't want to lose any more?
Height 5ft4.5
Starting weight-9st 12
wk 1, -6.5lb
wk 2, sts
Wk 3, -1
Wk 4, +1
Wk 5, -1
Wk 6, think it'll be about +2lb

Has anyone else found this has happened with exercise? I dont wanna get stuck in the 1lb merry go round hahaha

Any advice appreciated! X

It's very common and there are lots of threads on here asking the same question. You need to make sure you are drinking enough water as your muscles retain fluid to repair themselves after exercise. And you need to make sure you are eating enough to fuel the increased activity.

I gain when I exercise too much. My body retains water anyway so it's probably cos of that. Try drinking more, make sure you are hydrated.

Thanks guys, well I'll keep up my water intake, and I'll just go to weigh in this week, even if I gain at least I'll know it's for a good reason and not cos I've fallen off the waggon, and if I continue to not lose any I think I'll start giving my food diaries to my leader to have a look at and see what she reckons :)

Back